W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Wow, what a poser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
Ya posers suck! However, the non-AMG's you claim that add the AMG badge are actually AMGs. My brother picked up his SL500 with the AMG body-kit from the dealership and it came with a AMG kit. If you have the AMG kit on it technically it is an AMG....not a E63/C63/SL63 but a AMG never the less.
Tell your brother to take the money he saved on the ///AMG and get you some phonics classes and a spell check button on your computer! Also tell him that wearing a sock in his pants doesn't get him laid either!
Old 11-08-2007, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
How about this one.
Attached Thumbnails Wow, what a poser-092107_19451.jpg  
Old 11-08-2007, 04:20 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by ENDSMTG
Tell your brother to take the money he saved on the ///AMG and get you some phonics classes and a spell check button on your computer! Also tell him that wearing a sock in his pants doesn't get him laid either!
Old 11-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Banned

'05 c230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by rkao
It's interesting that people who rebadge their cars in the hopes of impressing people will often have the exact opposite effect.

For the people who don't know and/or don't care, the AMG or the 6.3 badges don't mean anything to them intellectually or emotionally.

For the enthusiasts in the know, it backfires because he or she can often identify a badged car immediately, so in the end the perpetrator ends up looking the bigger fool.

And for dealers that rebadge the cars in their inventory, they're only catering to the local population willing to buy into the badge and making a buck while at it; capitalism operating as it should...
What makes you think you're so important that people would even want to impress you? If i ever add an amg badge to my amg equipped car, it'll definitely not be for anyone but me. Aren't ther certain thigns you do to your car b/c you like it and you dnt' care what anyone else thinks? aka neons...or whatever.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Originally Posted by zoomie
For all you who do NOT know, cars like the Lexus GS300 are badged as Toyota's in Hong Kong and other places. It's the same car. Your referal to "reverse badging" and this whole badging thing is ridiculous.

Let people do what they want and stop thinking you're so great that these people are actually trying to impress you. They don't give a rats @$$ about you folks who don't like their car.

I think you AMG owners who have issues with this topic seem to feel overentitled to your AMG car that you don't want anyone else "ruining the name." It's just sad that you dn't understand that AMG makes parts....parts. P-A-R-T-S. Again, as I've stated before but you thick headed people can't get it right....who cares? Stop bashing people b/c they like AMG emblems or like their AMG kits, suspension, etc. Let them call it whatever they want. Why the bashing? Gosh, grow up folks.
FWIW.. AMG does NOT make parts.. but they do hand build the engines for actually AMG cars..

Someone else makes their parts and they put their name on it.. Do you think they are making wheels and molding plastic parts in that factory? LOL
Old 11-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Banned

'05 c230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by amgmark
FWIW.. AMG does NOT make parts.. but they do hand build the engines for actually AMG cars..

Someone else makes their parts and they put their name on it.. Do you think they are making wheels and molding plastic parts in that factory? LOL
You said it right. "they put their name on it." I rest my case.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
What case? A case of crabs? Because what you've stated so far is about equally worthless, and is every bit as irritating.

I already addressed the same lame arguments you're making here in a thread about an S550 trying to pass itself off as an AMG, so I'll simply quote it:
Originally Posted by Improviz
Like it or not, any given AMG is a different animal than its lower priced brethren. An S550, as nice as it is, isn't as nice as or as exclusive an S63 or an S65. Yes, it is still an S Class, a great car in its own right, but it is still around $30,000 less than an AMG, at a minimum.

And the thing is, if you stick an AMG badge on a non-AMG car, you are, for whatever reason, trying to pass your car off as something that it is not. It is dishonest. It is fraudulent.

And, frankly, it is a joke. Consider that a) most people don't even know what an AMG is; and b) those who do are most likely enthusiasts, who aren't likely to be fooled by such a ruse, at least the overwhelming majority.

So what's the point? It is silly, and frankly, it is silly to defend it.
Whether or not "it's their car" is irrelevant. It is fakery, fraud, dishonest, and lame. It's like buying a JC Penny shirt and sticking an Izod symbol on it, like wearing a fake Rolex, like buying a counterfeit Louis Vuitton bag.

In one word, it is pathetic.

And defending it is even more pathetic.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:38 PM

2005 E55
What case? A case of crabs? Because what you've stated so far is about equally worthless, and is every bit as irritating.

I already addressed the same lame arguments you're making here in a thread about an S550 trying to pass itself off as an AMG, so I'll simply quote it:

Whether or not "it's their car" is irrelevant. It is fakery, fraud, dishonest, and lame. It's like buying a JC Penny shirt and sticking an Izod symbol on it, like wearing a fake Rolex, like buying a counterfeit Louis Vuitton bag.

the crabs comment was especially comical for me!
Old 11-08-2007, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
No old man here is mad becuase he think a chipped 335 can somehow outdue a M. And i joined this forum becuase i plan on pickin up a C63 and my previous car was a CLK 500 (with the AMG kit ). BTW read post #40 buddy.
According to the guys who actually ran the two cars at Gustav's latest event, the chipped 335 beat the NEW M3 by 5+ carlengths in their run:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92258
(quote: Pea)
Vishnu V2 beat the following cars
BMW M3 V8 E92 by 5-10 cl
Old 11-08-2007, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
You rest your case? Everything you said was wrong dipstick.

AMG designs and specs everything out and builds the engine. Obviously they outsource the manufacturing of the parts.

You might want to re-open your case and re-investigate the facts and your lack of them.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser

Agreed.

Additionally, lets have AmericanMade banned. He swears too much, can't spell and went public when AMGMark PM'd him trying to calm him down.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
ENDSMTG: My brother does not need to stick a sock in his pants to make his dick look bigger…but I guess you do. And he really didn’t save any money getting an SL. The cost of a E55 and a SL500 are the same….if he wanted a E55 he could have gotten one. Not everyone buys a car with a big motor to make up for their lil pee pee like you.

Zoomie: I agree….”I think you AMG owners who have issues with this topic seem to feel overentitled to your AMG car that you don't want anyone else "ruining the name." It's just sad that you dn't understand that AMG makes parts....parts. P-A-R-T-S. Again, as I've stated before but you thick headed people can't get it right....who cares? Stop bashing people b/c they like AMG emblems or like their AMG kits, suspension, etc. Let them call it whatever they want. Why the bashing? Gosh, grow up folks.”

The AMG owners don’t want other people having an AMG badge becusae they won’t look as cool. Lol. It really now shows who got their car because of the performance and who got it because it came with a lil badge.

IMPROVIZ: Any mudded car could possibly beat any stock car. That’s not the point. I said if M owners were considered with their 0-100mile time they would get a Z06, not an M. I can buy a hatch, swap a K20 and turbo it and it will beat half the cars you can name…..does that make it a superior car? No…it’s not all about straight line speed.

And sorry for the spelling, I was on my iPhone and it is almost impossible to spell.

I'm gana stop messing with you AMG owners....lol, most you guys are in your 40's and going bold so the AMG badge means a lot to you guys.
Obviously you still don't get it and probably never will. AMG doesn't make PARTS!!! How about going and doing some reading before typing your nonsense.

NO ONE has a problem with people adding AMG kits to non-AMG cars. That is not the point!! The point is an AMG badge on the trunk signifies that the engine is an AMG hand built motor.

Go ahead and do what you like.. put an AMG badge on your forehead for all I care.. Just don't get upset when someone drives up next to you laughing their *** off and smokes you just for fun.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK550
Originally Posted by ENDSMTG
Ha, ha sock boy.......that was good. Oops, I meant GUD!
And i need to learn to spell ha?....
Old 11-08-2007, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Like i said i personally would not do it. But...i don't see any wrong in doing it. I mean **** the dealership does it, it can't be that wrong. lol. And life is not all about 0-60 dude...just because some cars smokes me i wont go home crying. There are many cars that will "smoke" even a true AMG. Last i checked...you guys said the motor maid the AMG a real AMG….and the symbol of the motor is usually on the left hand side, right? And that symbol is not AMG….its E55/E63.
You missed the point yet again..

The symbol of the motor on the left hand side? It's called the model number and doesn't necessarily exactly match the motor displacement. Example: an E63 has a 6.2 liter engine.

FYI.. a "maid" is someone that cleans my house. Made is to "make". FYI, AMG doesn't "make" the engines, they build them.

If a dealership is putting these badges on they are misleading their customers which is a shame. I haven't personally seen this done at a dealer. Non of the dealers in SD have non-amg cars badged.

Maybe we need an AMG101 class for the impaired that can't seem to find this info.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK550
You missed the point yet again..

The symbol of the motor on the left hand side? It's called the model number and doesn't necessarily exactly match the motor displacement. Example: an E63 has a 6.2 liter engine.

FYI.. a "maid" is someone that cleans my house. Made is to "make". FYI, AMG doesn't "make" the engines, they build them.

If a dealership is putting these badges on they are misleading their customers which is a shame. I haven't personally seen this done at a dealer. Non of the dealers in SD have non-amg cars badged.
me for a lil mistake. But try MBSD. They have sold my co-worker a E350 with an AMG badge.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:32 PM

2004 E55 Evosport I & II; VRP H/E
There are many cars that will "smoke" even a true AMG.
Point taken.

In his own words, the guy acknowledges the concept of a "true AMG."
Old 11-08-2007, 07:36 PM

'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
The correct spelling is KNOW! And while the mortgage business is slow, it's not as slow as your brother's ///AMG. Oh, SL500 or was it an SL300 that he rebadged. Either way I don't give a 3.9 GPA! Now you've hurt my feelings and I gotta go and find some loans to close.Take care CHODO! (Urdu)(Hindi)
Old 11-08-2007, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
me for a lil mistake. But try MBSD. They have sold my co-worker a E350 with an AMG badge.
You seem to make many little mistakes.

I go there all the time and know one of the senior managers and a couple of other guys there. Was this a brand new E350 or was it used?

Just because you mentioned this I will be sure to call my buddy there to see what he says. I am on that lot often and have never seen anything like you described.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK550
You seem to make many little mistakes.

I go there all the time and know one of the senior managers and a couple of other guys there. Was this a brand new E350 or was it used?

Just because you mentioned this I will be sure to call my buddy there to see what he says. I am on that lot often and have never seen anything like you described.

You call your buddy. It was a brand-new black E350....tell me what he says buddy. So you don't work for a living? You troll MB forums and MB lots? LOL
Old 11-08-2007, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
You call your buddy. It was a brand-new black E350....tell me what he says buddy. So you don't work for a living? You troll MB forums and MB lots? LOL
Actually I never spend this much time on the site, it's just been fun making you look silly. I have my own company which allows me to do whatever whenever I want. Maybe if you learn to read, write and spell you will be so lucky some day. LOL

I'll give Rob over at MBSD a call tomorrow. I need to check into the C63 order status anyway.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Ya go close some loans....make more $ and maybe then you can afford a SL55. I am not Hindi or Urdu...I am fockin half white-half Persian you dip-****.
In that case,

Kiret biyofteh, Mashang.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Gentlemen, gentlemen;

The reports are flooding in. Please reread the TOU or I WILL SIGN vacationslips in my hand.

Thank you for your understanding and compliance.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
IMPROVIZ: Any mudded car could possibly beat any stock car. That’s not the point.
That is *exactly* the point. You wrote the following:
No old man here is mad becuase he think a chipped 335 can somehow outdue a M. And i joined this forum becuase i plan on pickin up a C63 and my previous car was a CLK 500 (with the AMG kit ). BTW read post #40 buddy.
So, I wrote, correctly, that in head-to-head runs, chipped 335is have (at least according to the owners; haven't seen the vids yet) beaten the new M3s. I did NOT say it "was all about straightline speed", or anything of the sort.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
AMG
IBTL

Since Amiricanmade wasn't paying attention in his Political Science class today, I'll help him relate this topic to a well-known political document.

IN AMIRLAND, November 8, 2007
The unanimous Declaration of the Poser regions of Amirland

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one poser to dissolve the automotive bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Posing and of Faking It entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to misbadge.

We hold these NON-truths to be self-evident, that all posers are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creative badging with certain ficticiousness, that among these are Lying, Trickery and the pursuit of Silliness. — .....

......I'll let some others add to the lesson.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:09 PM

2005 cl55
I have neighbor a block down from me that owns a CLS 500 with a poser AMG badge on the right side. I love revving my engine as I pass by his house.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wow, what a poser