W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Evotech E55 vs Brabus EV12 Bi-Turbo !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Just go simple and cheap with a dry 100 shot. Should work fine, right? Isn't that the setup that other forum members are using?

A progressive nitrous kit with all of the extra safety features sounds amazing, but it may be overkill. You guys in europe play with fire anyway, so why not just go with the universal dry kit? 100 should be very safe
Old 02-04-2008, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Already called. It is the best NOS kit I have ever seen, but like wiring the Space Shuttle to install. They literally have it wired into the knock sensor unit and many others to make sure everything is perfect.

Super complex install, but great results.
I think I might give them a try if price is right...for the 65 TT
Old 02-04-2008, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Just go simple and cheap with a dry 100 shot. Should work fine, right? Isn't that the setup that other forum members are using?

A progressive nitrous kit with all of the extra safety features sounds amazing, but it may be overkill. You guys in europe play with fire anyway, so why not just go with the universal dry kit? 100 should be very safe
My freind "SHOULD be OK" is not an option for ME...I need perfect and proven set up...

I dont lknow anything about NOS but thought WET shot is safer
Old 02-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
German
Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
Now is winter....cant race E55 in snow in 2-3 month I promise !!!

Can you ask you freind from ASR.....If HE can build safe NOS setup at decent price for MY E55, so that he can send ME here with intsruction and I install it here and tune per his specs ?????

E55 RUSS, oh yeah! I forgot its winter in moscow..lol...

Do u know how much your friend paid for the Brabus EV12 ? I know most Brabus cars start at $500,000 I didnt know people actually bought full brabus cars.

as for ASR NOS setup, you would have to email or call the owner....I dont know him personally.

http://www.asrengineeringinc.com/

OT, My girlfriend is from Moscow she ALWAYS talks about how beautiful the city is.....I'll be visiting Moscow this summer with her for the 1st time...maybe I will see your car on the road.

- Luis

Last edited by EUROTEK//AMG; 02-04-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
My freind "SHOULD be OK" is not an option for ME...I need perfect and proven set up...

I dont lknow anything about NOS but thought WET shot is safer
I agree with you 100% brother. But doesn't Rflow and DerekSFU run a dry shot (I think they are both 125's)? I personally like wet because of the extra safety and all, but if the E55's MAF responds well to n2o then simple might be better. But I'm just being economical. Of course the way to go if you could afford it would be with a system like Evosports or ASR.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Originally Posted by EUROTEK//AMG
E55 RUSS, oh yeah! I forgot its winter in moscow..lol...

Do u know how much your friend paid for the Brabus EV12 ? I know most Brabus cars start at $500,000 I didnt know people actually bought full brabus cars.

as for ASR NOS setup, you would have to email or call the owner....I dont know him personally.

http://www.asrengineeringinc.com/

OT, My girlfriend is from Moscow she ALWAYS talks about how beautiful the city is.....I'll be visiting Moscow this summer with her for the 1st time...maybe I will see your car on the road.

- Luis
He paid 120r at the auction...it had some damages...
Old 02-05-2008, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I agree with you 100% brother. But doesn't Rflow and DerekSFU run a dry shot (I think they are both 125's)? I personally like wet because of the extra safety and all, but if the E55's MAF responds well to n2o then simple might be better. But I'm just being economical. Of course the way to go if you could afford it would be with a system like Evosports or ASR.
I will e-mail ASR...
Old 02-05-2008, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
But doesn't Rflow and DerekSFU run a dry shot
Nooooooooooooo. Rflow runs wet shot which is a modded NOS Universal Import System and even had his ECU tuned to run NOS (always running rich) I bought the same one and it bolted up pretty nice actually. Never hit the button more than once or twice but it did have a slight kick to it. Wasn't the "mind numbing" acceleration that some might think. Definitely enough to get ya into the 10's though with existing mods Mike. I believe Derek ran a Ford wet kit that had been altered. Don't quote me on that one though, been a few years now since the master made his historic runs and made history.

My biggest problems with running NOS and thus have not used it since are the "wild cards". Solenoids stick open one time and puff, car runs lean one time and puff, push button malfunction and puff. So many reasons for the motor to toast, I just chickened out.

Who knows though, maybe this summer I will put the bottle of evil back in the trunk again.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Nooooooooooooo. Rflow runs wet shot which is a modded NOS Universal Import System and even had his ECU tuned to run NOS (always running rich) I bought the same one and it bolted up pretty nice actually. Never hit the button more than once or twice but it did have a slight kick to it. Wasn't the "mind numbing" acceleration that some might think. Definitely enough to get ya into the 10's though with existing mods Mike. I believe Derek ran a Ford wet kit that had been altered. Don't quote me on that one though, been a few years now since the master made his historic runs and made history.

My biggest problems with running NOS and thus have not used it since are the "wild cards". Solenoids stick open one time and puff, car runs lean one time and puff, push button malfunction and puff. So many reasons for the motor to toast, I just chickened out.

Who knows though, maybe this summer I will put the bottle of evil back in the trunk again.
Thanks JIM...

What is moded Universal system ??? Where can I find it ??? Is it hard to install ???

...so why then everyone who use NOS here says its quite afe ??? I dont get it if there is big risk...is there such thing as SAFE NOS ???
Old 02-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015

Give me a glass while your at it
II Vant to beeeee EEEEvalll bo bo boha bohahahaha
sorry had to say it

and russ i belive if nos was safe in its cheap to intall format many people would be intalling it in expensive cars, just my opinion i think it needs to be done right or boom
Right: usualy involves $$ time /knowlage & experiance

P.S Also russ i do not know if you have been following threads but there seems to be alot of Evotechcars going bad, 5 from your end and 3-4 from members here....

Last edited by Zod; 02-05-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
True, plus Mike, RFLOW and I are doing it the ole fashioned way. Hitting the button to start and stop. You gotta be on the money 100% or you are in trouble. Foot off the gas for one second and forget to shut the switch off and whammo.

Not sure if anyone has gotten a Wide Open Throttle switch to work on our cars. Have to search on that one.

I'll ask Derek and see what his guy came up with.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:55 PM

2011 BMW X5 SAV
He paid 120r at the auction...it had some damages...
What? The boy paid 120 rubles? Isn't that like $4...? Sounds a little on the cheap side.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:03 PM

E63 biturbo
I raced an SL with the same Brabus engine a few years ago and it was something I coudn't forget:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....2&postcount=34

Anyway, what's the point of using NOS to race him when you know that he can also put NOS and beat you back? I think that the Brabus V12 TT is a real monster and there's no shame in losing to such a car. Just have a go and see how you fare against it. The Brabus EV12 may be very fast, but its still not a 10 sec car. Beat him in a 1/4 mile race. As long as you can run mid 11 secs consistently, you should stand a chance.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
True, plus Mike, RFLOW and I are doing it the ole fashioned way. Hitting the button to start and stop. You gotta be on the money 100% or you are in trouble. Foot off the gas for one second and forget to shut the switch off and whammo.

Not sure if anyone has gotten a Wide Open Throttle switch to work on our cars. Have to search on that one.

I'll ask Derek and see what his guy came up with.

I tried to get a WOT switch on my car, but the shop said they were having problems doing that so they just went with the good old button (actually just look at Zod's signature )
Old 02-06-2008, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
OK I will forget about NOS again...
Old 02-06-2008, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
OK I will forget about NOS again...
Yes, Please Do!
All You Need Is VRP's 5.7 VR750 Kit!