W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Anyone have problems with Carlsson lowering Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 10:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
488 GTB
Anyone have problems with Carlsson lowering Module

I have this installed on my 2006 e55 for about a year but the car has only 4000 miles since being installed. I am getting an error that says drive car to workshop with a car icon and a arrow pointing up. Carlsson has a bypass module that you can install when you bring it in to the dealer but if they go to access the airmatic computer they will see the lowering module.

What gets me thinking is this is my second e55 my first was a 2005 and I had almost the same problems when the lowering module was installed except the error was, air suspension failure and I ended up paying a $2000.00 repair bill but the guy at the dealer did not void my warranty. I have to think this related to the lowering module. How should I proceed? I have not brought it into the dealer yet.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Originally Posted by Duane
I have this installed on my 2006 e55 for about a year but the car has only 4000 miles since being installed. I am getting an error that says drive car to workshop with a car icon and a arrow pointing up. Carlsson has a bypass module that you can install when you bring it in to the dealer but if they go to access the airmatic computer they will see the lowering module.

What gets me thinking is this is my second e55 my first was a 2005 and I had almost the same problems when the lowering module was installed except the error was, air suspension failure and I ended up paying a $2000.00 repair bill but the guy at the dealer did not void my warranty. I have to think this related to the lowering module. How should I proceed? I have not brought it into the dealer yet.

My E55 has the same issue. I really have not found a solution to the problem. My car has not done the "visit workshop" symbol for quite sometime so I have not persuded a solution. I have been told the the Carlsson LM has this issue and its something that we have to deal with...