Notices
W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MJ50's E55 Mod Fever (OEM Retrofits)

 
Old 05-22-2008, 12:05 AM
  #101  
Member
 
ryan b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PNW
Posts: 95
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
'05 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MJ50 View Post
update - added IMS mod as well
What does this consist of MJ? I searched it and found its a motion sensor but how does it install on our cars?
ryan b is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 12:09 AM
  #102  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
MJ50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 17,393
Liked 200 Times in 199 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by ryan b View Post
What does this consist of MJ? I searched it and found its a motion sensor but how does it install on our cars?
sensor, switch row with IMS button, wiring harness and SDS programming...
sensor normally goes behind the sunroof on the headliner...
u don't really need full switch row with IMS button if u don't intend to ever "disable" it...
great to have if u r in a sunny city so u can roll down windows a bit and yet be protected....
MJ50 is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 03:21 AM
  #103  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Khalifonia.
Posts: 6,799
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
I got it done on my '07 US comand and it worked! Only think is that when you turn on the unit, and the AMG logo pops up, it's there for barely a second and then the COMAND warning comes up. Is that how it is w/ yours?
The Godfather is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 10:18 AM
  #104  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
MJ50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 17,393
Liked 200 Times in 199 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
I got it done on my '07 US comand and it worked! Only think is that when you turn on the unit, and the AMG logo pops up, it's there for barely a second and then the COMAND warning comes up. Is that how it is w/ yours?
yup! the logo stays there for < 1sec...
that's y i had hard time taking pic of it...
MJ50 is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 06:25 PM
  #105  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
MARK CUMMINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 3,858
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by MJ50 View Post
sensor, switch row with IMS button, wiring harness and SDS programming...
sensor normally goes behind the sunroof on the headliner...
u don't really need full switch row with IMS button if u don't intend to ever "disable" it...
great to have if u r in a sunny city so u can roll down windows a bit and yet be protected....


Where on the SWITCH ROW does the Switch go?

As on mine its FULL...L to right
L.Seat/Sunshade/Rearheadrests/4wayflasher/Doorlocks/Rseat

The IMS on our W211 is part of the center dome light and pops open when working...And YES it works Great if the windows are down or if the car is broken into

Last edited by MARK CUMMINS; 05-22-2008 at 06:27 PM.
MARK CUMMINS is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 06:39 PM
  #106  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
MJ50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 17,393
Liked 200 Times in 199 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS View Post
Where on the SWITCH ROW does the Switch go?

As on mine its FULL...L to right
L.Seat/Sunshade/Rearheadrests/4wayflasher/Doorlocks/Rseat

The IMS on our W211 is part of the center dome light and pops open when working...And YES it works Great if the windows are down or if the car is broken into
oh sweet... so u don't have to change switch row...
as u can see, i'm newb to 203...
what pops open??? can't wait for june...
MJ50 is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 06:53 PM
  #107  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
MARK CUMMINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 3,858
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by MJ50 View Post
oh sweet... so u don't have to change switch row...
as u can see, i'm newb to 203...
what pops open??? can't wait for june...
No Switch row my 203 bro


The IMS will open (with a delay)when armed via central locking
MARK CUMMINS is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 06:55 PM
  #108  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
MJ50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 17,393
Liked 200 Times in 199 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
that's even better!
MJ50 is offline  
Old 05-23-2008, 12:01 PM
  #109  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
MJ50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 17,393
Liked 200 Times in 199 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
udpate - custom euro plate is finally made and they are shipping it out today!
not really a mod, but just got factory front sunshade...
MJ50 is offline  
Old 05-23-2008, 04:56 PM
  #110  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
jpohl402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: PHX/PIE/OMA ---> Yes, all three
Posts: 2,050
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Originally Posted by I Like Soup View Post
You can get a Euro plate and have it on our US cars legally? If it isn't too much trouble, please tell me how. If not, I guess I can try a search.

Umm...same thing with MP3s...we can get those on our stock set ups? I don't have Nav, just 6 cd in dash changer.

Soup - To be honest, I'm not sure if it's legal, nor do I really care........
No negative problems yet in about a month (only positive comments) and I do quite a bit of driving
I have my state of residence and original plate numbers printed on the plate, ordered online from europlates.com....
Looks authentic, amazing, and simply stunning!
If you would like pics, I would gladly e-mail some
Again as far as legality, I guess it is what it is.......
jpohl402 is offline  
Old 05-23-2008, 05:01 PM
  #111  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
jpohl402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: PHX/PIE/OMA ---> Yes, all three
Posts: 2,050
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Originally Posted by MJ50 View Post
udpate - custom euro plate is finally made and they are shipping it out today!
not really a mod, but just got factory front sunshade...
How you setting up/
are you rolling w your CA plate at all or not?
jpohl402 is offline  
Old 05-23-2008, 05:14 PM
  #112  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
MJ50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 17,393
Liked 200 Times in 199 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jpohl402 View Post
How you setting up/
are you rolling w your CA plate at all or not?
i'm gonna put euro plate and then US plate over it in the dead center... just like how i did on W203...
MJ50 is offline  
Old 05-23-2008, 05:15 PM
  #113  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
MJ50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 17,393
Liked 200 Times in 199 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
here's sample pic...
mine's on the far right...

MJ50 is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 02:00 AM
  #114  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
jimmydagreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SFV, SoCal
Posts: 5,544
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Woah this is crazy MJ! I called about this car and almost went to see it, lol. The pushed it right headlight reminded me from the pics. I saw. Congrats on the new ride man!
jimmydagreek is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 02:12 AM
  #115  
Out Of Control!!
 
55fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 14,198
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
n/m from what I gathered, it's only for 04-05 comand, so I dont think the 07 will work. Oh well, I got MP3's.
my 06 does it...
55fanatic is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 02:16 AM
  #116  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
I Like Soup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Phoenix by way of Texas
Posts: 1,009
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jpohl402 View Post
Soup - To be honest, I'm not sure if it's legal, nor do I really care........
No negative problems yet in about a month (only positive comments) and I do quite a bit of driving
I have my state of residence and original plate numbers printed on the plate, ordered online from europlates.com....
Looks authentic, amazing, and simply stunning!
If you would like pics, I would gladly e-mail some
Again as far as legality, I guess it is what it is.......
Yeah, I don't see why it would be illegal as long as your legal plate is showing?

I may have to look in to this!
I Like Soup is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 02:53 AM
  #117  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
MJ50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 17,393
Liked 200 Times in 199 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jimmydagreek View Post
Woah this is crazy MJ! I called about this car and almost went to see it, lol. The pushed it right headlight reminded me from the pics. I saw. Congrats on the new ride man!
thx jimmy!
we both have silver 211s now...
MJ50 is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 02:44 AM
  #118  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
MJ50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 17,393
Liked 200 Times in 199 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
went to the dealer today
they will replace the headlight but i need to go back there again on tuesday for install... Walter's MB FTMFW!


Last edited by MJ50; 07-02-2017 at 10:37 PM.
MJ50 is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 02:46 AM
  #119  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
MJ50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 17,393
Liked 200 Times in 199 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
went to AAA today to delete resonator and have good news and bad news...
good news is that i deleted resonator and put 3" custom piping to the mufflers... sound is louder/thoatier sorry, no pics since they were already done by the time i came back...
MJ50 is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 02:48 AM
  #120  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
MJ50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 17,393
Liked 200 Times in 199 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
BAD NEWS is that the previous owner put magnaflow mufflers and did terrible install...

these are all 'before' pics and AAA did great job with install 'except' for the mufflers as i kept them there... i'll take install pics when i get a chance to raise up my car in the future...






Last edited by MJ50; 07-02-2017 at 10:39 PM.
MJ50 is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 02:49 AM
  #121  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
MJ50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 17,393
Liked 200 Times in 199 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
and here are few random pics i took afterwards using the new 50mm lens...



Last edited by MJ50; 07-02-2017 at 10:40 PM.
MJ50 is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:36 AM
  #122  
Out Of Control!!
 
e1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: OC
Posts: 18,677
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by MJ50 View Post
here's sample pic...
mine's on the far right...

I feel like I've seen these cars before.......
e1000 is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 05:31 AM
  #123  
Super Moderator
 
nlpamg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal.
Posts: 8,682
Liked 34 Times in 6 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by MJ50 View Post
and here are few random pics i took afterwards using the new 50mm lens...

Fight on!
nlpamg is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 03:20 PM
  #124  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
MJ50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 17,393
Liked 200 Times in 199 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
update
ok, came to dealership at 7 this morning...
waited around thinking it'll be in an hour or two...
SA told me the bix they pulled out from used W211 had different part # from mine... so the ordered brand new one for me...
going back later today to pickup the car...
MJ50 is offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 12:18 AM
  #125  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
MJ50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 17,393
Liked 200 Times in 199 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
picked up the car late afternoon...
got brand new passenger side bix at no cost
there was new recall for fuel pump module(?) that was replaced under warranty as well.. not sure if it's just 04 model or not... FYI...

installed E63 style spoiler on sunday...
will take some pics tomorrow...

ordered COMAND & NAV update discs along with 08 map disc...
i'm downloading 07 navi disc and we'll see if it works
MJ50 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: MJ50's E55 Mod Fever (OEM Retrofits)


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: