W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.85 average.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL

Time for IP search and road trip
Old 05-22-2008, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
and that is why we dont buy things from members who just signed up
Old 05-22-2008, 06:38 PM

E63
typical

I have to say, this is typical of every scam on these boards, shipping problems, personal problems lots of excuses and reasons why they can't "refund." I hope your CC company or Google can get this money back from this guy. Timeless don't let this guy pressure you to back down on the board postings and other pressure. It is ridiculous that he is trying to make you deal with DHL (they are notoriously bad, so maybe that's why he pretended to use them so it would seem more realistic when they were supposedly lost). Don't hold out hope that they will show up...just work on getting your money back.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:40 PM

2007 E63
I just checked the DHL #'s he gave me and somthing did ship out on Monday like he promised. They should have delivered today but I just talked to my wife and they are not there.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:41 PM

E63
OH NO!!!!!!!

Well, that settles it, he is definitely a scammer, no what to do???? IP search to get an address is a good start.

Originally Posted by teolax
You better have had two sets of these wheels, because I also paid you for them through Google check out. I hope I'm wrong, but I had a gut feeling about you.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:44 PM

2007 E63
Originally Posted by davidmbowser@gm
Well, that settles it, he is definitely a scammer, no what to do???? IP search to get an address is a good start.
I just paid him on Monday so I'm hoping I can call my credit card company to stop the payment.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:46 PM

E63
You better get on it quickly, I'm sure he did something similar to you as to Timeless to show a shipment and then they will conveniently get lost in shipping as well. Either way, someone is screwed here cause he certainly didn't have 2 sets of wheels (surely none) so this guy needs to go down.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:49 PM

2007 E63
Originally Posted by davidmbowser@gm
You better get on it quickly, I'm sure he did something similar to you as to Timeless to show a shipment and then they will conveniently get lost in shipping as well. Either way, someone is screwed here cause he certainly didn't have 2 sets of wheels (surely none) so this guy needs to go down.
I just talked to credit card company and they said I can dispute within 60 days and I will not have to pay. I'm going to give this guy exactly 1 day to clear this up. I left a message for him on his cell phone, so we'll see if he calls me back.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Banned

AMG
Originally Posted by Timeless
OK, last response as I have to go eat. IF DHL lost the wheels then the insurance goes to you as the shipper...not me. If you were of any integrity you would refund the purchase via google checkout. You have that option as the seller. Your boss has never heard of you...so how is he upset? Make sure to have him call me and tell me he is upset.
Wrong DHL can send the claim check directly to the reciever. You need to talk to DHL. Im trying to assist you but all you do is tell lies. DHL is the one who lost your wheels. You can check your tracking numbers. Again its not my fault, its DHL the ones to blame for this.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
I find it interesting how many 'PM sent/replied' posts he himself deleted on both of his threads as well as the fact that he is only responding to timeless on here and is not including teolax who also posted.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Banned

AMG
Originally Posted by Timeless
OK, last response as I have to go eat. IF DHL lost the wheels then the insurance goes to you as the shipper...not me. If you were of any integrity you would refund the purchase via google checkout. You have that option as the seller. Your boss has never heard of you...so how is he upset? Make sure to have him call me and tell me he is upset.
Wrong DHL can send the claim check directly to the reciever. You need to talk to DHL. Im trying to assist you but all you do is tell lies. DHL is the one who lost your wheels. You can check your tracking numbers. Again its not my fault, its DHL the ones to blame for this.

And teolax, your order is on its way. I did ship it out on Monday as promised. I will call you. Thanks
Old 05-22-2008, 07:34 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by benzgrandcru
Everybody might want to look at post #2 of this thread: Link
Old 05-22-2008, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Seems like a mandatory waiting period might help situations such as these. If a new member (who intends to scam) can't post for say 24-48 hours, they might just go away.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:43 PM

2004 E55 AMG, 2002 Porsche 996 TT, 2004 BMW x5 4.8is, 2004 F360
Timeless, how did you pay for the wheels? If it's by CC, can you cancel your order? Here is something from Google Buyer Help Center:

If you believe you were charged for an order you cancelled, please verify that your order has in fact been cancelled in your Google Checkout account. Here's how:
Sign in to your Google Checkout account at http://checkout.google.com.
On the Purchase history page, click View Order next to the order containing the item you'd like to review.
If your order has been cancelled, the order details should read Your order has been cancelled.
If your order has been cancelled, the pending amount that you've noticed is only an authorization, not an actual charge.
Authorizations occur between our billing system and your bank's billing system to ensure that the necessary funds are available in your account before the order is charged. Because the order has been cancelled, the pending authorization will not result in a charge.

Authorizations can remain in your account from 1 to 14 business days, depending on your bank. You may wish to contact your bank to confirm the authorization and to check on its status.

Learn more about different charges that appear on your credit/debit card statement.

If your order details do not reflect cancellation, or if you're waiting for a refund, learn more about cancelling your order directly through the seller.

I'll see if there's any other way to cancel your order.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Esh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55

And teolax, your order is on its way. I did ship it out on Monday as promised. I will call you. Thanks
You as the owner and shipper of the wheels need to take responsibility for what has happened. DHL lost shipment and that's exactly why you insured them. Refund him the money, get your money back from DHL. It's THAT EASY!!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 07:54 PM

2007 E63
Mother F..er. The guy Johan that is selling these wheels in the original post from 2007 is the guy I bought my car from a couple of months ago. Benzgrandcru is no doubt a scammer. I've already disputed the charge with my credit card company and they said they will open an investigation and will be looking for this guy.

Last edited by teolax; 05-22-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:57 PM

2007 E63

1/2 an hour after you posted this and you still haven't called me. You scamming *******. You better hope I don't find out who and where you are.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Banned

AMG
teolax, relax. We shipped your wheels. Dont go accusing me of anything just bc DHL has lost someone elses wheels. We had 2 sets of these wheels in which we sold. We will be getting 3 more sets next week from E63 buyers from the dealership.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:05 PM

2007 E63
teolax, relax. We shipped your wheels. Dont go accusing me of anything just bc DHL has lost someone elses wheels. We had 2 sets of these wheels in which we sold. We will be getting 3 more sets next week from E63 buyers from the dealership.
Oh yeah, then how come you didn't mention you had multiple sets for sale in the the original post? How come you're using a picture from someone elses post that is almost a year old? Oh and by the way, the picture you are using belongs to the guy I actually bought my car from. This is all way too fishy. Do you blame any of us here for doubting you? Call me and explain yourself and I will post if I think you are telling the truth.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Banned

AMG
That picture is ours, we sold that guy and many others sets last year. We just use our old pictures. So the guy used our pictures for adverstisement to show what the wheels look like thats all.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:11 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Thank you for admitting to being a reseller. Interesting that your boss doesn't want you do do business on company time. Interesting how timeless says you are from NY but list Bain Capital Fund in Boston. Interesting how you never mentioned multiple sets. Etc, etc, etc.

BTW
You forgot your sponsorship fee in order to do this. That is in accordance with the TOU you agreed to. You're banned.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:12 PM

CTS-V
I don't know if this guy is legit or not (certainly doesn't appear to be), but if I was one of the people who purchased wheels from him, I'd cancel the order. He may be stalling by posting on this thread until the funds clear, and then ---cyanara!
Old 05-22-2008, 08:18 PM

2007 E63
That picture is ours, we sold that guy and many others sets last year. We just use our old pictures. So the guy used our pictures for adverstisement to show what the wheels look like thats all.
Oh really??? I just talked to Johan and he's never heard of you and certainly did not buy any wheels from you. BTW, the picture was his because it was taken in his backyard which I now recognize so your story really doesn't add up. Keep digging your hole, because I'm now more convinced than ever that you are a scammer.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:20 PM

2007 E63
Originally Posted by LitiGATOR
I don't know if this guy is legit or not (certainly doesn't appear to be), but if I was one of the people who purchased wheels from him, I'd cancel the order. He may be stalling by posting on this thread until the funds clear, and then ---cyanara!
I've already disputed the charge with my credit card company. The credit card companies do not take kindly to this type of stuff and will be looking for him.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:21 PM

2007 E63
Thank you for admitting to being a reseller. Interesting that your boss doesn't want you do do business on company time. Interesting how timeless says you are from NY but list Bain Capital Fund in Boston. Interesting how you never mentioned multiple sets. Etc, etc, etc.

BTW
You forgot your sponsorship fee in order to do this. That is in accordance with the TOU you agreed to. You're banned.
Any chance you can keep him active on the off chance he can explain any of this?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.85 average.

Quick Reply: SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly