W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.85 average.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by Timeless
http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-27340

Added a response and rating. Thanks!
Very good, by the way, I think our friend billy jean is still prowling. He found the iReport and gave us the only bad rating. We need to get more comments and ratings to get back up to the top of the ratings list.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:21 AM

MB
Originally Posted by Peteburn
Just offering my services. I work in Boston near Post Office Square and I live in Everett, MA. If we find a real address close by, I'd be happy to go snap some pics.

Pete
Read this and you shall find some answers....
MBWorld sniffs out scammer...
Old 05-28-2008, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
This will work, it works everytime. I have freinds and family that are cops, they do this to serve warrants all the time. Call up Dominos Pizza, have a pizza delivered to his house, He will look out see it the pizza guys and open the door. When he does open it have a video camera rolling. Don't forget to tip and pay the pizza guy.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:24 AM

Ford Expedition
Just another mischief member checking in. More or less signed up to view attachments but figured I'd say great work catching this guy since i'm logged in.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
MBWorld FTMFW! great sleuthin' guys!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Almost a Member!

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
I hope every scammer learns a lesson here: DONT FAWK WITH MOTORHEAD'S
Old 05-28-2008, 10:46 AM

C230k coupe 500sec convertible
You know he did try the scam with me as others on here w/DHL but with quick thinking I was all over it, It sounded fishy when he gave me the tracking number like a week later, and i called on it after getting it ASAP---DHL said it was in their system but dropped off the map, you know they ship through vendors that are privatly owned so it is harder to track somthing down like that--- he gave me the same line as others on waiting for insurance reimbursment on products that DHL had broken while "they packaged them up" but advised him i knew better, I called him constantly at all hours to get a refund --- in the end he send a regular check, not a cashiers like i requested--then the no money in his account really Ted me off

I knew better than to just cash a regular check...i called untill funds were there, and called BJsmith for the money if he was such a big baller why he had no money in his account?????

at one point he asked me how much I made a year, when i refused to tell him, he said he made 25 Gs a week--- 25,000 a week and not even $800 in the bank, sorry bro, you are pathetic!!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:48 AM

SL 500, GL 450
Been following this for a while, amazing job guys, especially with the photoshop skills, I didn't know you could remove the white boxes around plates.

Has anyone tried contacting the FBI, they have an a group especially for this, http://www.ic3.gov/ for internet crimes.

Btw, this reminds me of the scene in Hackers where all the global hackers come together to take down that evil guy's computer system!

This guy is getting PWNED, what a shame to his family unless they are also part of it, in which case lock them all up.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by HeirKranz
You know he did try the scam with me as others on here w/DHL but with quick thinking I was all over it, It sounded fishy when he gave me the tracking number like a week later, and i called on it after getting it ASAP---DHL said it was in their system but dropped off the map, you know they ship through vendors that are privatly owned so it is harder to track somthing down like that--- he gave me the same line as others on waiting for insurance reimbursment on products that DHL had broken while "they packaged them up" but advised him i knew better, I called him constantly at all hours to get a refund --- in the end he send a regular check, not a cashiers like i requested--then the no money in his account really Ted me off

I knew better than to just cash a regular check...i called untill funds were there, and called BJsmith for the money if he was such a big baller why he had no money in his account?????

at one point he asked me how much I made a year, when i refused to tell him, he said he made 25 Gs a week--- 25,000 a week and not even $800 in the bank, sorry bro, you are pathetic!!!!
that would be $1.3 million a year... sure.. right. and lives at home and takes pictures of test driven cars claiming to be his.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by Its me Billy J
Sorry for the late response, I will surely return everyones money, and yes it really is me Billy J.
PHIL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 11:05 AM

MB
That was a false alarm I believe...
Old 05-28-2008, 11:06 AM

2000 S4
Originally Posted by e1000
PHIL!!!!!!!!!!
It's gotta be someone else. He can't be that dumb
Old 05-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by v6tt
It's gotta be someone else. He can't be that dumb
yes he can!
Old 05-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Hey all, I just woke up and was like three pages back... For those people reading and watching from Massachusetts...

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT Visit his address We have already had the necessary recon done, courtesy of MightyY and SqueakyClean, anything more is not needed at this time... the help already provided by the locals is very much appreciated

As we get the information sorted out, we will try and be there when he is arrested. We don't want to stalk him or his family, giving them ammunition to press charges against us, this trash isnt worth it. When the time comes I will ask a few people offline to join me, if we are given the oppurtunity.

Second... Can we keep whoring to a minimum... If you would like to *****, please take it to our whoring thread...

Third... before you post stuff, please PM myself, NLPAMG, or E1000

And finally, for all of you in the northeast who are interested in meeting each other... Please Check out the Charity Car show I have put together...

Last edited by 55fanatic; 05-28-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by e1000
PHIL!!!!!!!!!!
It's not him.

The IP originated in Texas.

It's just some kid trying to be funny.

Posts like that will not be tolerated
Old 05-28-2008, 11:20 AM

I'm not sure in boston, but here in FL you can shoot tresspassers on site if you feel threatened in any way, so i guess wait for the Police to go over there or rent a chopper with a telescopic lens-----I can't believe the local news agency has not picked up on this, there are always news centers that have consumer advocate reporters that go track down these things--it is what the people like to see, and will increase their ratings----hope MB world has enough memory in the servers to keep from timing out as the viewers will likely grow--!!!

Last edited by HeirKranz; 05-28-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:28 AM

2006 SLK55 amg
Hope he gets arrested soon.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by nlpamg
It's not him.

The IP originated in Texas.

It's just some kid trying to be funny.

Posts like that will not be tolerated
How do you know he didnt use a proxy?
Old 05-28-2008, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by thewarrior
Been following this for a while, amazing job guys, especially with the photoshop skills, I didn't know you could remove the white boxes around plates.

Has anyone tried contacting the FBI, they have an a group especially for this, http://www.ic3.gov/ for internet crimes.

Btw, this reminds me of the scene in Hackers where all the global hackers come together to take down that evil guy's computer system!

This guy is getting PWNED, what a shame to his family unless they are also part of it, in which case lock them all up.
Done!
Old 05-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
my bad. Ok, So I made updates to my site for the overnight and morning updates up to this post. PM me if you guys think anything is missing or should be added.

** We're up to 13 possible victims of this guy.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:12 PM

'08 Z4si
Attention visiting board moderators & admins

I think we may have only seen a small portion of this guy's scams here. What might be worthwhile is an organized information-gathering effort, with one individual compiling it for submission to law enforcement. Here's what I'd recommend (my advice is worth what you are paying for it :>):

I'm sure most boards have a place for announcements by the moderator. Would the visiting mods be willing to post a summary about this scam (perhaps Phil might want to write up a blurb for posting-short & sweet so it actually gets read) so that people who have been victims of this specific scam recognize themselves. And--could there be a place created for these people to sign in and submit information securely, or someone who is known to be legit volunteer to collect peoples' info via PM? The info collector could then be in touch with whatever agency needs evidence to prosecute and provide the agency with victim contact info.

So far I think there have been postings about this scam on ebay, some BMW boards, Lexus, MB and I'm not sure where else. If each visiting mod would post something, perhaps as a sticky, wherever on their site they think would get the most notice, there might be a surprisingly-large response. The info I think we need to gather would be, at a minimum

1. victim contact info - at a minimum email & city/state/country; phone # & real name if at all possible
2. a brief description of how they were scammed
3. details (brief): date, scammer contact info, dollar amount, item(s)
4. If available, documentation: DHL tracking #'s (or other carrier), emails, pix, urls

My concern with all this bubba & jailtime talk is, even though evidently crimes were committed, so far it's still relatively small potatoes. I doubt if we added up all the $$ involved it would hit $10K. What if it turns out that 100 people were scammed @ $2K/each? Now we're at $200K and the crime becomes MUCH bigger and a higher priority for law enforcement.

I'd volunteer to collect info but I'm not known here (although I am known on bimmerfest) and I personally wouldn't submit that kind of identifying info to a stranger. Is there someone who IS known who would collect the info (or I will if people want to trust me, I'm an innocuous IT geek and bimmer-lover), and are mods willing to start collecting info?

Last edited by erdoran; 05-28-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:23 PM

'08 Z4si
Yes, I had read it this morning (I've been following this topic since the weekend, look way back at the beginning for my first post--I also am the person who initially publicized it on bimmerforums so I hardly qualify as a noobie) and what I have to say goes beyond your summary. I make a valid point, and I stand behind what I said about someone compiling a detailed list for law enforcement, combined with a proactive outreach by mods.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:38 PM

'13 250 Coupe
Its funny how people think they can get away with thousands of dollars.

Big mistake, the interet is comming Billy bob
Old 05-28-2008, 12:38 PM

i should have pursued him more last year, I did post a thread not to buy from this sleaze last year but of course as you all know he changes his screen name as much as his "supposed car" pictures-- i saw he liked shoes a lot and on his ebay account, it is what he regularly sold (well jonathan turner's ebay account) -- I didn't know there was a nike forum (NT) that he frequented
Old 05-28-2008, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E320CDI, CLK55, and a Smart
Jonathan Turner aka Creamecheese speaks on NT:

http://creamecheese.u.yuku.com/

His last 3 posts he claims that the pictures are of Jonathan Turner.

How many people actually believe him.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.85 average.

Quick Reply: SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly