W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems after the Fuel Recall

Old 06-12-2008, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems after the Fuel Recall

I had the fuel filter recall performed at the dealer on my new E55 last week. I have driven the car for about 50 miles and had a big problem. This morning when I turned a corner and accelerated the car choked and died. It re-started and then stalled. I paused for a second and then tried to get her going again. She would turn over but would never fully start. So I called my Fiancés dad (works at the same corp. that I do) and we pushed her about a ¼ mile to our parking lot. There is no way that I am leaving my E55 unattended on a public road!

Mercedes brought a tow truck out and took her it…. The diagnosis; bad fuel pump possibly triggered by the pressure differences with the new fuel filter. It could also be caused by a fat fingered tech that was pulling stuff around and making a mess of the recall fix but of course my stealer would not give that option

This is just an FYI; I don’t want to cause pandemonium. I am sure many board members have had this part replaced already without any problems. Just watch out and if you do run into the problem, the fuel pump is probably the issue.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
germans
suxs...sorry to hear that. hopefully they you squared away before the weekend.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:37 PM

05 e55
Originally Posted by ApproachingZero
I had the fuel filter recall performed at the dealer on my new E55 last week. I have driven the car for about 50 miles and had a big problem. This morning when I turned a corner and accelerated the car choked and died. It re-started and then stalled. I paused for a second and then tried to get her going again. She would turn over but would never fully start. So I called my Fiancés dad (works at the same corp. that I do) and we pushed her about a ¼ mile to our parking lot. There is no way that I am leaving my E55 unattended on a public road!

Mercedes brought a tow truck out and took her it…. The diagnosis; bad fuel pump possibly triggered by the pressure differences with the new fuel filter. It could also be caused by a fat fingered tech that was pulling stuff around and making a mess of the recall fix but of course my stealer would not give that option

This is just an FYI; I don’t want to cause pandemonium. I am sure many board members have had this part replaced already without any problems. Just watch out and if you do run into the problem, the fuel pump is probably the issue.
I had a bad fuel pump to last week. My car stalled and it wouldnt start. I had to get a tow truck and tow it to mercedes. They are replacing it but my wiring that connects to the harness is *****d up. So they have to take out all my interior, seats, dashboard etc and rewire the whole car. Its been at the dealer since last week tuesday and its gona take a couple more days till its done. I feel for you man. Hopefully you dont have the same problem i did cuz then your car will be at the stealership for 2-3 weeks to do all that crap.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. AMG 20
I had a bad fuel pump to last week. My car stalled and it wouldnt start. I had to get a tow truck and tow it to mercedes. They are replacing it but my wiring that connects to the harness is *****d up. So they have to take out all my interior, seats, dashboard etc and rewire the whole car. Its been at the dealer since last week tuesday and its gona take a couple more days till its done. I feel for you man. Hopefully you dont have the same problem i did cuz then your car will be at the stealership for 2-3 weeks to do all that crap.
OMG.... I hope it's just the pump!

I should have it back tomarrow as long as nothing above applies!

Good Luck!
Old 06-12-2008, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Guys...this is common and happened to me back in January. In my case and I think it will be the same for you guys is that they had to replace a fuel pump "relay". I'm not sure exactly what it is but they had to get to it from the trunk (left rear side).

It pissed me off and I would have thought MB would have sent enough notice to the rest of the dealerships that this recall needs more than just what they did (i.e. fuel pump relay replacement).
Old 06-12-2008, 07:37 PM

Mercedes E55 AMG
Been there, done that! It took them 18 days to take my beautiful car which worked perfectly, F it up completely (performing the recall), and finally fix it to my satisfaction. During that time they forced me to drive a minivan loaner which was rather humiliating. The ironic thing was that the minivan was faster than my AMG with the faulty fuel pump which caused the car to sputter wildly above 30 MPH. On the plus side, the E55 got infinite miles to the gallon the two times it was flat-bedded across the city. Let's see a stinkin' hybrid top that!

Last edited by AMG Speed; 06-12-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:41 PM

2008 SLK, 2006 Cadillac SRX, 1994 Cutlass Supreme Convertible
STATUS QUO ANYTIME YOU TAKE A MERCEDES IN FOR WARRANTY OR RECALL WORK. THE CAR USUALLY COMES BACK WITH MORE DEFECTS THAN WHEN IT WENT IN. MERCEDES CAN ENGINEER A CAR, BUT THEY CAN'T FIX ONE.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
Had mine done, no porbs at all..prob about 500 miles since the work was done.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by blkamgsl55
STATUS QUO ANYTIME YOU TAKE A MERCEDES IN FOR WARRANTY OR RECALL WORK. THE CAR USUALLY COMES BACK WITH MORE DEFECTS THAN WHEN IT WENT IN. MERCEDES CAN ENGINEER A CAR, BUT THEY CAN'T FIX ONE.
I agree 100%

The orginally went in for issue with the driver's side dynamic/pulse seat not working. After 1 week of waiting I picked the car up and they still did not work. I waited another week for hard to find parts to come in and they worked for about 10 miles.

I told the dealer about the seats not working again but I am going to wait a couple of weeks to come back in to have it look at again.

I fully understand that the E55 is a uber complex vehicle to work on but I would expect top quality training for their tech's so issue like this can be avoided.

Most MB owners that i know LIKE automoblies.... They LIKE to drive their automoblies.... many are ETHUSIATS and when you take their car away for weeks at a time it breeds resentment to the dealer and the manufacture. Seems like simple logic to me!
Old 06-13-2008, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Exclamation Have them check the electrical lines!

Originally Posted by ApproachingZero

I had the same symptoms when I got my 2nd W211 E55. It turned out to be a loose electrical connection. Good luck!