Sponsored by:

MHP AMG 63 Thermalnators

Old 09-05-2008, 02:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
T :
Dare I say it?????????????????!@#$%^&*()_!@#$%^&*()
WHAT ABOUT "RENNTECH" oouuccchhh.. And Juice that is a great idea A one time, no holds, big azz TUNNER SHOOT OUT

When is the RAR vs. JUICEE shoot out #4
Just go to YOUTUBE and punch in RAR vs JUICEE, brings back the fun check it out

Lets set up the tuner blow outs!! I've begged for it long enough and now we have a few new bucks that talk the talk, but ride in on scooters..

BTW, Rick....... what brand you gonna rep as the fastest 63 on the PLANET?
Old 09-05-2008, 02:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Getting 1000hps out of an MB with reasonable resources is a task. Getting zillions out of a ford is easy. And? We don't take pride in having the fastest cars in the world, but the fastest MBs. An MB is a tough cookie to tune, and most especially because of the ECU / TCU tune, and I'd guess TQ converter. You blowing off any need to have experience or at least a plan to LEARN about the MBs is so telling in itself. Don't get it wrong. You sound just like the American car tuner I spoke with last week (also considers himself king of the hemis). I'm sure he would assume that his pep boy tools would be easily modified to tune Benzes as well. For the last time, are you sure you aren't talking about the Sprintbooster?

You say you have a C63 that will have ECU / TCU upgrades and beat a stage 5 E55 in a 1/4 mile race? all day, everyday. I'll line up ANYDAY and most evenings. Please bring cash or graciously back out as the last poser did.

How do you dyno? Please tell us the conditions and how you baseline. If you correct for drivetrain loss, etc. please explain reasoning and margin of fudge. I'm hung on the TCU making peak HP. Only if the tranny was slipping. I can see potential for more power in the useable band (under the curve) and overall car performance enhancement from more controlled and predictable shifts so just curious.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CLS63
Originally Posted by MHP
We fix the early shift on the 1-2 as described above, I've whacked the limiter many times in Sport/Auto mode in my C63 and it drove me crazy.

The lag between pedal WOT and TB WOT is also cured.

Thanks
Andy
This is probably more ECU related, but since you guys have "cracked the code," any chance of adding throttle blipping on manual downshifts for those of us that lack it?
Old 09-05-2008, 02:29 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by juicee63
what #s is your C63 putting down ?

Have you run it 1/4 mile? 1/8th mile? Do you have baseline track #s for your 63?

I say we finally get down to it and get this site to have a tuner battle royale.

The fastest Benz
Evosport?
VRP?
Renntech?
Kleeman?
Brabus?
MHP?
ASR?
Hennessey?
Gunyard?
Veloce?

The Spacers, gaskets are nice but they really do nothing to solve the terrible heat soak in the 63's.

Hopefully @ MIR we can have a MHP car vs. a VRP car, maybe Evosport will get that SL55 out there..This is long overdue

Now you're talking! I'm all for some good old fashioned heads up racing!

So far at 600 miles in bone stock trim my C63 put down 376rw SAE on a dynojet. It ran a best of 12.89@111.4 in 2000'+ DA air (corrected to a 12.5@116) again in bone stock trim. I need to weigh the car but I check in at 205lbs.
I'll post before/after graphs with ECU/TCU tuning and track results including A/F data next week.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:32 AM

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts
'08 CL63
Originally Posted by MHP
LMFAO. I guess if someone makes a part for a vehicle it should automatically be declared the best and everyone else should just go home. ROFL. Thanks, I needed that laugh.

This horse has been beat to death, but based on what you say above, why should anyone here believe that you make the best stuff? You've been honest & told us that you are new to the MB tuning world; why should anyone pick you?

Reasons to pick MHP:

1. Better pricing? Maybe, remains to be seen.

2. Better product? Maybe, remains to be seen.

3. Customer service? Maybe, remains to be seen, but thus far doesn't look so hot. Based on this thread, I would hate to buy one of your mods & have a problem, you talk as if you could do no wrong and your customers are stupid.

Originally Posted by MHP
Also, I'm presently overwhelmed with my business load to the point where I'm going to have to bring on more help.
You can't be that overwhelmed or you wouldn't be pushing new products into the marketplace. Bringing on more help means you have to find equally skilled workers/fabricators, or you're quality control goes down as well. My friendly suggestion is that you ease into the performance MB market.

My last suggestion would be for you to spend some time reading some of the posts here. You will find that of all the MB/AMG boards & forums out there, this particular W211 E55 & E63 forum is the most frequented & "mod-oriented". There are lots of us who are willing to push the envelope to get peak performance out of our cars, testing new, unproven things or even trying stuff on our own. You will also learn more about other tuners & what they actually offer, since you admitted you didn't know what products they have.

Hell, VRP was essentially founded right here, by users who were pioneering new things & many jumped on board with them. Victor simply was pushing the envelope on his own car & found a following that then created a demand. Much like it seems that you are doing, except your ego is kinda in the way.

I run a Kleemann stage 2 on my car with a VRP carbon fiber airbox & tubes, but I'm not particulary loyal to either; I'm more than willing to give someone else a shot. However, I'm not interested in beta testing performance products on my car; I'll wait for real results rather than blindly believing "my stuff is better than the others" when you aren't familiar with what the others really do.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:35 AM

04 e55
Originally Posted by MHP
A few basic trivia questions (for ****s and giggles) for members and vendors alike:

1) Explain the difference between 2v and 4v airflow and the advantages/disadvantages of each. Are any mercedes that people are tuning these days 2v? NO, then it doesn't matter

2a) Why is a billet 4340 connecting rod stronger than a forged 4340 rod? The average consumer could give a **** billet has better grain structure

2b) What's stronger and why, a forged or billet Ti rod? This proves nothing except you are a tool that just lost alot of business

3) What are the ultimate limiting factors (potential power production) for a turbo or supercharged motor? The tuner, there are no limits at MHP they build 3500 hp funnycar motors but no specs for any benz motors.

4) What are the ultimate limiting factors (potential power production) for a N/A street driven motor?

5) With stock TCU programming, how much can the oem torque converter actually lock on a 7A (W7A700)?
This is not a Mercedes transmission so I am sure nobody on this board gives a **** how much it can lock
Old 09-05-2008, 02:39 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by lexaltezza
This is probably more ECU related, but since you guys have "cracked the code," any chance of adding throttle blipping on manual downshifts for those of us that lack it?
That is one thing we haven't had the time to look into yet. I'll put it on the list.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2008, 02:40 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by E55texas
This is not a Mercedes transmission so I am sure nobody on this board gives a **** how much it can lock
Hilarious response, especially considering you don't know what tranny 63 AMGs use.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
when is someone going to enhance some cooling on the 63s? they SUCK in real-life on soaking heat. Add a cooling kit so you can take advantage of the top end. Using various gaskets is cool and all, but the only time I've used spacers is to drop compression pressure so we could BOOST!!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by MHP
Now you're talking! I'm all for some good old fashioned heads up racing!

So far at 600 miles in bone stock trim my C63 put down 376rw SAE on a dynojet. It ran a best of 12.89@111.4 in 2000'+ DA air (corrected to a 12.5@116) again in bone stock trim. I need to weigh the car but I check in at 205lbs.
I'll post before/after graphs with ECU/TCU tuning and track results including A/F data next week.
Great man!!!

So add some headers, cams, a tune (tcu, ecu) and some super light wheels and a CF hood and race the evosport 63 black series. Teach Jimmy he will not be alone at the top forever. Rick and I (pleasse agree rick) will pilot the Renntech/Vrp Supercharged CLS 63 and see who comes out on top. Course Rick weighs 130 lbs wet so he likely wins in any car!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
That is one thing we haven't had the time to look into yet. I'll put it on the list.

Thanks

Is that something that is ECU, TCU, or ECU / TCU related? The one you "haven't had time to look into". You have an awe-inspiring setup to show and it doesn't even have the AMG blips? LOL!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by jangy
Lets set up the tuner blow outs!! I've begged for it long enough and now we have a few new bucks that talk the talk, but ride in on scooters..

BTW, Rick....... what brand you gonna rep as the fastest 63 on the PLANET?
I now have two major teams on my list and thinking of adding a third new comer. In sports it takes a team to win, not just one hot shot. Just think of the power we would get out of our AMG's if the tunners got together and built one MONSTER AMG OPPS, Sorry for the highjack Andy
Old 09-05-2008, 02:44 AM

04 e55
Originally Posted by MHP
Hilarious response, especially considering you don't know what tranny 63 AMGs use.
You are right I don't I was just guessing an answer
Old 09-05-2008, 02:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
So MHP, is the transmission in my SL63 the same as say your C63? Think you can crack that?
Old 09-05-2008, 02:48 AM

04 e55
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
So MHP, is the transmission in my SL63 the same as say your C63? Think you can crack that?
No, i am guessing. I don't think this guy could crack a walnut if he had too
Old 09-05-2008, 02:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by E55texas
No, i am guessing. I don't think this guy could crack a walnut if he had too

ROFL!!! Man, I spit up soda on that one...
Old 09-05-2008, 02:50 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG

pudding, indeeed. Me and us, you worried about the conspiracy theory or was that your attempt at the old "yeah, you and who's army" talk?
I'm not worried about anything, are you?

Really? OK, I'll bite. Similar HOW? Do the various components (i.e. ECU / TCU) use a similar protocol to communicate? This is a simple (although trick) question and you gave me a great segway into it simply taking you 6 weeks to crack ALL the TCU/ECU variables"? ALL? Dude, you should seriously slow down and understand that your every written word will be scrutinized.
Scrutinized by you? LMAO.

None. Why would I? You really think "proof" will make up for your attitude? No way. I'm not a technical dude, only an enthusiast so you don't insult me.
If you bring attitude to me, I'm going to dish it back to you. Can you grasp that simple theory?

You insult the ones that have paid $100K and then proceeded to tear the car up and the ones that have laid the ground work for you to even be able to compete (even virtually) in the MB tuning market. The days of tuners being on a pedestal and having a cute arrogance about them is done. The real question is how much crow will you eat when the elaborate tales become known?
WTF are you talking about? We aren't building off of anyone's products never have, never will. What's this about elaborate tales? I'm sorry, I'm lost...

LOL, I'm frigging falling out of my chair. What do we need MIR for? Why not have a more local meet and let us do a real compare and contrast? We can throw the cars on the dyno, datalog, whatever. You came in the wrong place for that talk. I'd say easily half the members in this room would bet against you.
Let's do it. Set it up. Let's see what the major respective tuners can do with their 6.2s...and I'll take those bets all day long.

Is it over? end of story? Hmmmm, boy all of this is familiar. I'm coming in because that is what I do. Just like Vadim knows how to tune boosted MBs, I sniff out fakes. Just a gift and that is all I can share with my fellow members. In return, they teach me how to enjoy my cars.

Ya'll come back now, you hear?
Again, I'm sorry, what exactly do you do besides incoherent nonsense, thump your chest, and follow the pack?

p.s. can we get an eta on the data and the conditions for the testing?
Next week for my ECU/TCU tuning, the following week for the other 63s and 65s.

Please learn how to quote so it doesn't take me an hour to respond.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:51 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
TCU, yes, if you want the best built 7A tranny talk to Paramount Performance.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:52 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Is that something that is ECU, TCU, or ECU / TCU related? The one you "haven't had time to look into". You have an awe-inspiring setup to show and it doesn't even have the AMG blips? LOL!!!
C63s have rev matching from the factory so I never really thought about it.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by MHP
TCU, yes, if you want the best built 7A tranny talk to Paramount Performance.
So you can crack the MCT which is very much different from a regular 7G tronic transmission.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:55 AM

04 e55
So you can crack the MCT which is very much different from a regular 7G tronic transmission.
agreed this guy is a fraud
Old 09-05-2008, 02:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
I now have two major teams on my list and thinking of adding a third new comer. In sports it takes a team to win, not just one hot shot. Just think of the power we would get out of our AMG's if the tunners got together and built one MONSTER AMG OPPS, Sorry for the highjack Andy

HAHAHA!! Rick, just please let me know when you go into office, because i want to be on your campaign .

We are all ******* children, but you can't tune with 3. Crap happens and then all you'll see is heels and tail and maybe a handful of fingers. Your RennTech exhaust is first rate!! They make many products that are great, including tunes for CLS/E 63s, but not ones that are SCARY fast like a stage 5 on the 55K that many have. Without such a package, ALL of the 63s are limited, including Black Series.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:56 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by juicee63
Great man!!!

So add some headers, cams, a tune (tcu, ecu) and some super light wheels and a CF hood and race the evosport 63 black series. Teach Jimmy he will not be alone at the top forever. Rick and I (pleasse agree rick) will pilot the Renntech/Vrp Supercharged CLS 63 and see who comes out on top. Course Rick weighs 130 lbs wet so he likely wins in any car!
I think the only real way to do a fair comparison is to modify the same model of vehicle, unless you're going to go solely on dyno results which I don't think anyone would want. Otherwise we're going to run into so many variables (weight, suspension, gearing, etc.).
Old 09-05-2008, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Hell even the folks at Renntech don't have an SL63 TCU update yet and this guy is claiming he does. Something seriously sounds fishy with this one.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:58 AM

04 e55
Originally Posted by MHP
I think the only real way to do a fair comparison is to modify the same model of vehicle, unless you're going to go solely on dyno results which I don't think anyone would want. Otherwise we're going to run into so many variables (weight, suspension, gearing, etc.).
So stop comparing your skills on funny car motors and ford bull **** to other peoples skills with Mercedes. you mod a 55 motor and then open your big mouth

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP AMG 63 Thermalnators