Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
that is such bs...

To the other jim it was nice to meet u !
What times did you end up running?
Old 09-10-2008, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
I had serious traction issues last night .... I could not pull better than a 12.5 , last time I did a 12.0 ..... I don't know what's going on ????
Old 09-10-2008, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I had serious traction issues last night .... I could not pull better than a 12.5 , last time I did a 12.0 ..... I don't know what's going on ????
I can tell you what's going on, the 4 inches of rain we have had in the last week has probably "greened" up the track. We need to wait for some big top fuelers to make a couple passes and lay down some new rubber.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Colder temps = less traction.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
Originally Posted by jrcart
They would not let me run. These guys are getting smart, they must keep stuff on file. I made it through tech with no problem, told them the car only goes very high 11's, proceeded to the staging lines where I was stopped by an official that said " this car runs low 11's, we need to see your harnesses" Bye Bye...see you when you get some SFI harnesses.

They would not even give me and my buddy out money back. I am supposed to get my new sparco harneses by Friday.
Didn't I tell U, a couple of months ago, that Route 66 was a bunch of a-holes. I remember U were soo confident that U could get us track time b/c U knew them somehow. What happened to your connections?
Old 09-10-2008, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ENDSMTG
Didn't I tell U, a couple of months ago, that Route 66 was a bunch of a-holes. I remember U were soo confident that U could get us track time b/c U knew them somehow. What happened to your connections?

Don't remind me...He was not there last night, he's hardly ever there appearently, but I did put in a phone call to him today. I have his cell number now and he told me if I ever have a problem to grab a track official and call him day or night. Day late and a dollar short
Old 09-10-2008, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
They would not let me run. These guys are getting smart, they must keep stuff on file. I made it through tech with no problem, told them the car only goes very high 11's, proceeded to the staging lines where I was stopped by an official that said " this car runs low 11's, we need to see your harnesses" Bye Bye...see you when you get some SFI harnesses.

They would not even give me and my buddy out money back. I am supposed to get my new sparco harneses by Friday.
That sucks.... They should've at least allowed you one run, then decide after that whether to stop you or let you run. How do they know your car won't run slower? What if the weather conditions were bad and you end up running 11.70s instead of 11.40s? And what if you had removed a mod from your car since your previous track event? They seem way too strict
Old 09-10-2008, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
That sucks.... They should've at least allowed you one run, then decide after that whether to stop you or let you run. How do they know your car won't run slower? What if the weather conditions were bad and you end up running 11.70s instead of 11.40s? And what if you had removed a mod from your car since your previous track event? They seem way too strict
Ya, the tech guys there are real idiots. They look under the hood like they have a clue at what they are looking at. They asked about the NOS lines and I told them they were connected to my adjustable suspension...and they bought it LOL! I made the argument that I would not run as fast, but there rules state that if a registered car has made a sub 11.5 pass it needs SFI harnesses, if I go sub 11.0 I need a cage/roll bar, if I trap at 150 or Higher I need a chute (aint' never gonna happen so I am not too worried)
Old 09-10-2008, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Ya, the tech guys there are real idiots. They look under the hood like they have a clue at what they are looking at. They asked about the NOS lines and I told them they were connected to my adjustable suspension...and they bought it LOL! I made the argument that I would not run as fast, but there rules state that if a registered car has made a sub 11.5 pass it needs SFI harnesses, if I go sub 11.0 I need a cage/roll bar, if I trap at 150 or Higher I need a chute (aint' never gonna happen so I am not too worried)

They were acting really weird that night at tech. he asked me what I had done on the car and i told him just and exhuast and he looked at me like I was crazy.. Then he asked me to open my hood, and before it was even open all the way he said, "just close it, I wouldnt even know what to look for" Then he wrote the numbers on the car and right under them he put 11.5 underlined! I guess he was surprised when I couldn't pull better than a 12.5 that day. ENDSMTG is right, they really are dumb there.....
Old 09-11-2008, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

They were acting really weird that night at tech. he asked me what I had done on the car and i told him just and exhuast and he looked at me like I was crazy.. Then he asked me to open my hood, and before it was even open all the way he said, "just close it, I wouldnt even know what to look for" Then he wrote the numbers on the car and right under them he put 11.5 underlined! I guess he was surprised when I couldn't pull better than a 12.5 that day. ENDSMTG is right, they really are dumb there.....
LOL, Their dumb azzes probaly thought you were me trying to sneak my car back in. You know our cars look so similar, they are both silver Mercedes AMG's LOL, I'm positive that's what they were thinking. Either that or they just assume all MB's are capable of running 11.4's.

Good for us, looks like we taught the good ol' boys a thing or two about german muscle cars. Wait until they see me in the 10's, can you image the look on their faces then?