W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ohhh Dear LORD!!! would you take a FREAKIN' look @ the SUPER WIDE CLK BS!!!!

Old 11-05-2008, 01:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G55
Originally Posted by LZH
When I got my Black Series, I took it out to the track where we were testing one of our 996 GT3 Cup Cars. The Black Series had about 800 miles on it at the time. I put down a faster lap then our PRO driver in the Cup car - bone stock fresh off the showroom floor. If this car is in fact made for Grand Am or ALMS for that matter - IT WILL DOMINATE. ....
Sorry, I don't see how a stock BS can be faster than a 996CUP - what track was this supposed to have happened? Oval? Cup with short gears? We are talking race prepped CUP right?

[QUOTE=LZH;3150310]

Last edited by gollard; 11-05-2008 at 01:59 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Originally Posted by jrcart
Yes, even more proof that that thing is a real race car, I believe LeMans cars require amber headlights in GT2 cars, last time I checked they dont make any amber HIDs.

You guys, this is a race car, not some Euro only street car. See the little red thing sticking out the hood, that is part of the Halon fire supression system, it allows safety workers or pit crew members to activate the system from out side the car. I just want to know where they are going racing with it? PLEASE SAY ROLEX 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA.
DTM CLK race car. Just look at the exhaust pipes and the centerlock wheels. Sick....
Old 11-05-2008, 02:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by LZH
Yeah, looks like Lime Rock behind the paddock but these cars never ran with any sactioned Skippy event(s). I appreciate you positng these photos - nice find. But, your responses are quite cryptic. Are you just posting cool photos or do you actually have information about these cars that you are not sharing ?
Nah my bad, I could see how the Driving School pic could be misconstrued. Just trying to post up some good pix

Also I don't know why those links went bad that I posted? there working in the SL55/65 forums...
Old 11-05-2008, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
[QUOTE=gollard;3150507]Sorry, I don't see how a stock BS can be faster than a 996CUP - what track was this supposed to have happened? Oval? Cup with short gears? We are talking race prepped CUP right?

They are, just leave it at that. Don't believe me? Why don't you run over to Rennlist and ask the mid-west Porsche guys about what happened at the Porsche club day this past spring when I showed up with my Black Series at Road America where there were several Porsche Cup teams practicing. It was bad enough when I was lapping with the other road going cars, laying down lap times that would put me on the grid in a P Cup race, but when I handed my car to one of the pro drivers people were all stunned. One of the P Cup team owners joked about buying a couple Black Series and racing them, I wonder if he followed through on his words? Put a Black Series on an HP track like RA with long straights to stretch it's legs and there are not to many cars that are going to hang with it.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by pshek
DTM CLK race car. Just look at the exhaust pipes and the centerlock wheels. Sick....
They are not DTM cars. I have already seen pics of the M-B 2009 factory DTM cars, they are sedans, C63 based cars, just like the 2008's were/are.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:24 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C63 Black Series, 2003 Hummer H1 KSC2, 2003 Hummer H1 HMCO, 1997 Hummer H1 HMC4, 1969 Jaguar E
WOW

Wow... that is a whole lot of car....

That is they type of car that I would like to have sitting in the garage of my condo next to the Monticello Race Track….. and this is if I actually had a garage or a condo…. Or was even let in the gate of the Club…. Haha

That is a beast!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:22 AM

2007 E63, Audi S4, 1965 Goat
Wow...Thats Laguna Seca.

I was just there in September for Skip Barber racing...

/drool.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:32 AM

2007 E63, Audi S4, 1965 Goat

Old 11-05-2008, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63
A couple of years ago I was lucky enough to have dinner with the Head of M-B USA and asked him about racing in ALMS - that for 1/1,000th the cost of the F1 team, M-B could beat the snot out of Porsche and BMW in front of a US audience. His response was pretty cryptic but I interpreted it to mean that "BMW and Porsche won't have that to themselves forever." I really doubted him at the time, but who knows -- that looks like a ALMS car!
Old 11-05-2008, 02:28 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by ATL_MB
I really doubted him at the time, but who knows -- that looks like a ALMS car!
Well - looking at the fit and finish of that car; they have been developing it for a while....I mean, look at that interior !!!! The attention to detail is amazing for a racing car - blows away many of the more expensive race cars I have seen. If it is in fact an ALMS car...it will be much more expensive than I originally thought when I compared it to a 997 Cup Car.

EDIT - I think it's pretty safe to say that this is going to be a GT2 ALMS car.....otherwise we would have seen it at the October 24hr test days for Grand Am in Daytona and it would be on the schedule for the Nov. test days as well. I've made a few calls to some Grand Am guys and no one has heard of it.

Last edited by LZH; 11-05-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:31 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
Originally Posted by LZH
Well - looking at the fit and finish of that car; they have been developing it for a while....I mean, look at that interior !!!! The attention to detail is amazing for a racing car - blows away many of the more expensive race cars I have seen. If it is in fact an ALMS car...it will be much more expensive than I originally thought when I compared it to a 997 Cup Car.

EDIT - I think it's pretty safe to say that this is going to be a GT2 ALMS car.....otherwise we would have seen it at the October 24hr test days for Grand Am in Daytona and it would be on the schedule for the Nov. test days as well. I've made a few calls to some Grand Am guys and no one has heard of it.
Most likely. Based on what they seem to able to do on the track stock, I would imagine that they would clean up in GT2. Oh man they're gonna sound awesome going around the track, with race exhaust! Can't wait to see them kick *** at RA! jrcart, how often do you go up there? I would love to see your car, maybe even watch you go around the track, I bet it sounds amazing.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Agree w/ others, these are hard cars to figure out. Not DTM - jrcart is right on the money; they're C-class based widebody sedans. Also, these CLK's have trick parts like centerlock wheels - but wrapped in street legal Pirelli Corsa tires? And the interior is waaayyy too plush/luxurious for a true, full blown race car IMHO; but looks about right for an uber-wealthy privateer racer. What race team wraps the entire dash and tunnel in Alacantra? You'd leave it bare to keep down weight... and finally, the color scheme and decals remind me of the special edition widebody C55 that AMG made as a project, but (to my knowledge) wasn't publicly available.

Thanks for sharing, Thericker - gorgeous!
Old 11-05-2008, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BenzBoy12
Most likely. Based on what they seem to able to do on the track stock, I would imagine that they would clean up in GT2. Oh man they're gonna sound awesome going around the track, with race exhaust! Can't wait to see them kick *** at RA! jrcart, how often do you go up there? I would love to see your car, maybe even watch you go around the track, I bet it sounds amazing.
I've only had the Black Series up there once, but I have run and raced on that track probably 25 times over the past 10 years. I know every bump and inch of crack sealer on that track, it's pretty much my favorite track in the country, although I have not run at Barber yet and I hear it is an even better facility.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Agree w/ others, these are hard cars to figure out. Not DTM - jrcart is right on the money; they're C-class based widebody sedans. Also, these CLK's have trick parts like centerlock wheels - but wrapped in street legal Pirelli Corsa tires? And the interior is waaayyy too plush/luxurious for a true, full blown race car IMHO; but looks about right for an uber-wealthy privateer racer. What race team wraps the entire dash and tunnel in Alacantra? You'd leave it bare to keep down weight... and finally, the color scheme and decals remind me of the special edition widebody C55 that AMG made as a project, but (to my knowledge) wasn't publicly available.

If one of these become available for public sale I call dibs! Hey, if anyone from AMG is watching, PM me a figure $$$, I'm a serious buyer.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:24 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition

I see what you are saying, but most of the GT2 ALMS cars are outfitted this way inside - take a look:

The Mercedes is a bit more refined than the rest....but that's exactly what you would expect from the AMG performance Studio. The Ferrari pictured below has plenty of alcantara as well...
Attached Thumbnails Ohhh Dear LORD!!! would you take a FREAKIN' look @ the SUPER WIDE CLK BS!!!!-ferrari-f430-gt2-750.jpg  

Last edited by LZH; 11-05-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:55 PM

OO7 CLS63///G55TANK ///S80-T6///R1///R6
UNREAL- Thanx for posting
Old 11-05-2008, 06:58 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
I've only had the Black Series up there once, but I have run and raced on that track probably 25 times over the past 10 years. I know every bump and inch of crack sealer on that track, it's pretty much my favorite track in the country, although I have not run at Barber yet and I hear it is an even better facility.
It is a great track, I bet its a blast in a BS. Ever been to Blackhawk?
Old 11-05-2008, 07:16 PM

G55

They are, just leave it at that. Don't believe me? Why don't you run over to Rennlist and ask the mid-west Porsche guys about what happened at the Porsche club day this past spring when I showed up with my Black Series at Road America where there were several Porsche Cup teams practicing. It was bad enough when I was lapping with the other road going cars, laying down lap times that would put me on the grid in a P Cup race, but when I handed my car to one of the pro drivers people were all stunned. One of the P Cup team owners joked about buying a couple Black Series and racing them, I wonder if he followed through on his words? Put a Black Series on an HP track like RA with long straights to stretch it's legs and there are not to many cars that are going to hang with it.

OK - long this was a power track. But there is no way a stock BS ( street tires) can keep up with a race prepped CUP on a racetrack on slicks that actually has corners. Just didn't compute for me...thanks for the explanation
Old 11-05-2008, 08:45 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by gollard
OK - long this was a power track. But there is no way a stock BS ( street tires) can keep up with a race prepped CUP on a racetrack on slicks that actually has corners. Just didn't compute for me...thanks for the explanation
Well, Willow Springs big track has a few good corners...nothing too technical...but then again it does not have nearly the length straights as Road America and I still was able to put down faster lap times than our full race prepped 996 GT3 Cup car. Believe it or not, it happened. The Black Series was admittedly not THAT much faster, about a full second each lap. Which, when you are talking racing...is a huge difference. I'm sure Jrcarts car in its current form would add a few seconds to that...Remember, these cars REALLY shine on big tracks where they can stretch their legs, but, they still show their weight in the corners.

Last edited by LZH; 11-05-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LZH
I see what you are saying, but most of the GT2 ALMS cars are outfitted this way inside - take a look:

The Mercedes is a bit more refined than the rest....but that's exactly what you would expect from the AMG performance Studio. The Ferrari pictured below has plenty of alcantara as well...
True... but you can see signs that these are a bit more stripped; a bit more purpose-built racer.

The airbag steering wheel, lux/race interior, street legal tires, etc. all seem to point to AMG project car(s) where the engineers were allowed to go wild with the race-parts bin. These might just be attention-getters to raise interest/awareness of AMG... although I hope not

FWIW, assuming same prep/tires/driver, I'd put a modest wager on an SL65BS over one of these - definitely in a straight line, and probably over a wide-open road course. That might just be me, however.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:08 PM
LZH
Banned

True... but you can see signs that these are a bit more stripped; a bit more purpose-built racer.

The airbag steering wheel, lux/race interior, street legal tires, etc. all seem to point to AMG project car(s) where the engineers were allowed to go wild with the race-parts bin. These might just be attention-getters to raise interest/awareness of AMG... although I hope not

FWIW, assuming same prep/tires/driver, I'd put a modest wager on an SL65BS over one of these - definitely in a straight line, and probably over a wide-open road course. That might just be me, however.
Perhaps compared to the Porsche because everyone knows weight in any Porsche is the biggest limiting factor. But, I disagree. Look at the F430....then look again at the CLK. They both have alcantera dash boards...but the CLK is just as stripped less the carbon door panels. You can see white paint on the CLK tub everywhere, between the seats, floorboards, A pilars etc....this CLK is just as stripped as any of the other cars I linked. I seriously doubt AMG just had these roll cages that fit PERFECT sitting around in the parts bin...I understand what you are saying, but again I disagree. There was a *****LOAD of R&D that went into putting this car together. The exra wide body with straight pipe side mounted exhaust ??? Again, not something you just snag out of the parts bin - everything you see here has been made from scratch - the brakes even appear to be CNC billet....
Old 11-05-2008, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BenzBoy12
It is a great track, I bet its a blast in a BS. Ever been to Blackhawk?
I have not and will not take my car to Blackhawk. I used to race motorcyles and spent lots of time practicing at Blackhawk during CCS club events, that is one of the most dangerous tracks I have ever driven/riden on, too many trees and no run-off, that is a bad combination with a $150,000 street car, hell it's an even worse combination on a motorcycle, but back then I had more ***** than brains, now I know better. Unless they have changed it in the past few years I will never go back. I can travel about the same amount of time and be at Gingerman which is a great facility, and the Autobahn is 20 miles from my house.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LZH
Perhaps compared to the Porsche because everyone knows weight in any Porsche is the biggest limiting factor. But, I disagree. Look at the F430....then look again at the CLK. They both have alcantera dash boards...but the CLK is just as stripped less the carbon door panels. You can see white paint on the CLK tub everywhere, between the seats, floorboards, A pilars etc....this CLK is just as stripped as any of the other cars I linked. I seriously doubt AMG just had these roll cages that fit PERFECT sitting around in the parts bin...I understand what you are saying, but again I disagree. There was a *****LOAD of R&D that went into putting this car together. The exra wide body with straight pipe side mounted exhaust ??? Again, not something you just snag out of the parts bin - everything you see here has been made from scratch - the brakes even appear to be CNC billet....
Sorry - I mean't "raided the race-parts bin" as a figure of speech. As I mentioned, the car also has an airbag steering wheel... not to mention two front seats. But hey, I'm sure we could speculate what these really are over and over - time'll tell soon enough (hopefully)
Old 11-05-2008, 10:33 PM
LZH
Banned

Agreed
Old 11-05-2008, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by LZH

that looks amazing!!

that looks amazing!!

so who is going to be the first to strip out the e55....... can you say 9 sec benz....

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ohhh Dear LORD!!! would you take a FREAKIN' look @ the SUPER WIDE CLK BS!!!!