MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   URGENT: Deposit sent...Sports vs Drive dynamic seats (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/275561-urgent-deposit-sent-sports-vs-drive-dynamic-seats.html)

C2 Turbo 12-28-2008 10:01 AM

URGENT: Deposit sent...Sports vs Drive dynamic seats

Just sent a deposit on an 06 with 17K miles with drive dynamic seats ( Heated,cooled and pulsating )

However since i have never driven an E55 before yesterday i drove 130 miles to a Mercedes dealership that had an E55
My opnion of an E55 so far is..
1)-Car is reasonably loud both at idle and wide open throttle unlike some of the members who said that the car is too quite..
2)-Performance ofcourse is untouchable...

However my issue is:

The car had AMG sportseats with power side bolsters and the lumbar supports.My problem is no matter how hard i tried,i just couldn't find a comfortable spot with my lower back... The seats for some reason felt " TOO FIRM " to me...
After that,i went and test drove an 08 BMW 550i with ventilated,heated and cooled seats...The seats felt so comfortable that i am not too sure,if i want to buy an E 55 now or not..

The question is:

Are Drive dynamic seats ( ventilated/heated/cooled and pulsating ) feel different then the regular AMG sport seats ? Are Drive dynamic seats more comfortable ?

Please help...
Thanks

jangy 12-28-2008 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo (Post 3240192)
The question is:

Are Drive dynamic seats ( ventilated/heated/cooled and pulsating ) feel different then the regular AMG sport seats ? Are Drive dynamic seats more comfortable ?

Please help...
Thanks

I am a fatty and the dynamic seats are very comfy. You can open it up to be full cush or fill the various bladders for support. In no way would I say they are true sporty and much less uncomfortable....:naughty:

MBenzNL 12-28-2008 11:43 AM

the dynamic E55 seats are exactly the same as the E55 multicontour seats that you testdrove...exact same build-up of the seats...only difference is that the dynamic seats can do a little extra (dynamic bolsters and massaging back) but that doesn't change how the seat feels.

greetingz,

C2 Turbo 12-28-2008 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by MBenzNL (Post 3240294)
s...only difference is that the dynamic seats can do a little extra (dynamic bolsters and massaging back)
greetingz,

Would that not make the seat cushions bit more flexible or comfortable ? Is it me or the seats are bit firm in an E55 ?
Thanks

str8ridin 12-28-2008 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo (Post 3240297)
Would that not make the seat cushions bit more flexible or comfortable ? Is it me or the seats are bit firm in an E55 ?
Thanks

I have yet to find the most comfortable seat position in my E55. To me, it seems that the seats are meant to keep you alert at all times! But after a few minutes of driving, although hard, they suppport so well that I can sit there for hours while driving and not be fatigued.

So, yeah, they are not soft like BMW's, but they are super supportive in the corners.

emoving 12-28-2008 03:03 PM

I'm guessing from your signature you own a Porsche. So would you say your Porsche seats are more comfortable then a E????????:smash:
Man up and buy the E63!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by C2

Turbo;3240192
Just sent a deposit on an 06 with 17K miles with drive dynamic seats ( Heated,cooled and pulsating )

However since i have never driven an E55 before yesterday i drove 130 miles to a Mercedes dealership that had an E55
My opnion of an E55 so far is..
1)-Car is reasonably loud both at idle and wide open throttle unlike some of the members who said that the car is too quite..
2)-Performance ofcourse is untouchable...

However my issue is:

The car had AMG sportseats with power side bolsters and the lumbar supports.My problem is no matter how hard i tried,i just couldn't find a comfortable spot with my lower back... The seats for some reason felt " TOO FIRM " to me...
After that,i went and test drove an 08 BMW 550i with ventilated,heated and cooled seats...The seats felt so comfortable that i am not too sure,if i want to buy an E 55 now or not..

The question is:

Please help...
Thanks

C2 Turbo 12-28-2008 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by emoving (Post 3240538)
I'm guessing from your signature you own a Porsche. So would you say your Porsche seats are more comfortable then a E????????:smash:
Man up and buy the E63!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want a Supercharger rush thus an 06 E55...The Porsche is a 91 964 Turbo with 32,000 miles...The sport seats are awesome....I have driven that car on numerous 6+ hour trips with out any hint of backache..Will post picts later tomorrow...

So are W211 E55 seats comfortable or not ? Sould seats be the deal breaker ?

emoving 12-28-2008 03:59 PM

I have an 06 with Dynamic seats and everyone that rides in my car and myself thinks they are great. Maybe you just need some seat time!!!!:zoom:

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo (Post 3240582)
I want a Supercharger rush thus an 06 E55...The Porsche is a 91 964 Turbo with 32,000 miles...The sport seats are awesome....I have driven that car on numerous 6+ hour trips with out any hint of backache..Will post picts later tomorrow...

So are W211 E55 seats comfortable or not ? Sould seats be the deal breaker ?

C2 Turbo 12-28-2008 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by emoving (Post 3240591)
I have an 06 with Dynamic seats and everyone that rides in my car and myself thinks they are great. Maybe you just need some seat time!!!!:zoom:

Do they have perforated leather ?

emoving 12-28-2008 04:20 PM

Yep, htd/cooled

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo (Post 3240607)
Do they have perforated leather ?

inocnt1 12-28-2008 09:53 PM

I've got the Drive Dymanic Seats and I've done 10 hour runs in the car and have never been in anything more comfortable. No pressure points, no fatigue, no sore spots. Absolutely Wonderful!!

Max.H 12-29-2008 01:28 AM

wth is the op talking about? the seats in the E is like sitting on soft down pillow.

The Godfather 12-29-2008 03:25 AM

E55 vs 5 series 550: can't compare. Go for the E55. The seats are fine. Once you get used to them, it'll be alright.

ExtremeSpeed5 12-29-2008 03:34 AM

E class seats are very comfortable :nix: and so are the BMW 5 series unless maybe the one the op tried are modded somehow or aftermarket :nix: