MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   Interior ambient lighting (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/283608-interior-ambient-lighting.html)

NSX2NV 02-20-2009 08:22 AM

Interior ambient lighting

I was wondering if there was any way to brighten the ambient lighting that is for the floor mats and door handles and center console. Do you think we can change the bulbs to a brighter one? I know you can turn the trip reset knob to adjust the dash lights and you can go through the star computer to adjust the dome ambient light but I'm talking about the floor and door handles. My friends Lexus is blue instead of amber and they are a lot brighter and look better in my opinion. My car you can barely even tell it has floor illuminators and door handle illuminators. Any input fellas?

shardul 02-20-2009 08:42 AM

Only option would be to change the bulbs in the floor well and door handles to brighter ones.

prodigymb 02-20-2009 09:15 AM

use led bulbs and you will get the same look you frined's lex has...

rogilio 05-12-2019 12:48 AM

Be very careful with these aftermarket kits. First, this will void your MB warranty. Second, you run the risk of crashing your Command Center software causing a significant cost at a Mercedes dealer to reinstall.Not sure why anyone would take the chance of downloading a Chinese patch on a German engineered piece of software. Definitely not worth the risk IMO.

N_Rob 05-12-2019 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by rogilio (Post 7753512)
Be very careful with these aftermarket kits. First, this will void your MB warranty. Second, you run the risk of crashing your Command Center software causing a significant cost at a Mercedes dealer to reinstall.Not sure why anyone would take the chance of downloading a Chinese patch on a German engineered piece of software. Definitely not worth the risk IMO.

I don’t see how changing bulbs can have any lasting damage on your car. You still have factory warranty left?

rogilio 05-12-2019 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by N_Rob (Post 7753820)
I don’t see how changing bulbs can have any lasting damage on your car. You still have factory warranty left?

It's not just replacing LED bulbs. You also have to download a program into the Command Center to activate the ambient lights....that's where the issue comes in.

boosted305 05-12-2019 07:14 PM

The look is definitely possible...

N_Rob 05-12-2019 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by rogilio (Post 7753880)
It's not just replacing LED bulbs. You also have to download a program into the Command Center to activate the ambient lights....that's where the issue comes in.

The cars have ambient lighting from the factory. I’m failing to see why you’d have to “activate” anything. Besides, he isn’t even talking about the ambient, he’s talking about the footwell and door handle lights. They have a button by the sunroof controls. I don’t see how it’s different than swapping interior light bulbs, which has been done for ages.

tw2 05-13-2019 12:34 AM

Holy thread revival. Correct LED's will appear the same resistance as oem bulbs and not cause problems. Similar to changing park lights to LED and not throwing replace bulb codes.

fabfab 05-22-2019 04:42 AM

+1 to increase the brightness ( every lights are too low) very good topic ;-)