MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   Tough Economy, Cops all over the place, no place to speed (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/284416-tough-economy-cops-all-over-place-no-place-speed.html)

nismorg 02-25-2009 12:22 AM

Tough Economy, Cops all over the place, no place to speed

With state govts in a financial darkhole, cops are out in full force to give speeding tickets.

It seems lately, everytime I press the throttle, there's a cop hiding in the bushes, around the corner. Twice tonight I hit the throttle and valentine1 started going off and sure enough, Guy was sitting far of the street in a Shopping center parking lot.

How are you guys dealing with the cops and keeping off the throttle. I crap my pants driving the 63 thinking I'm gonna get nabbed again.

I got nabbed 2 weeks ago :confused:

Thericker 02-25-2009 01:17 AM

If I don't know the area (Knowing where pigsters regularly hide is good)

I'll never speed on surface streets (unless very late @ night when empty) then on freeway always check on-ramps & over-passes (they love to hide in the shadows under the over-passes..

Lastly try not to speed during peak hours ie 9am-5pm Mon-Fri pigsters are everywhere! Sat-Sun early morning can be FUN! I always keep my eyes moving scanning the rearview mirrors is KEY!

I've trained myself to notice any sudden movements, jump on the throttle for a sec & instantly see pigster jump out from behind 18 wheelers in the corner of my rearview, I let off as he was 1/4 + mile away & NO problems...

Never had problem w/CHP planes spotting me, but I've heard stories...Just keep your eyes open & radar ON! And be safe.... Nightime runs (Sunset-11pm) are inevitable just rolling the dice on those encounters IE racing:v:...

Sometimes "Gotta pay to play"

Karlson 02-25-2009 02:09 AM

I think it depends where you live. I live in pigster heaven in suburbs of Washington DC. In my 10 miles daily commute I see at least 3 police cars. Back when I lived in Florida, it was a paradise. Rarely saw cops in Tampa in the bushes.

harjothundal 02-25-2009 02:12 AM

got a ticket a few weeks ago for front tint... usually i'd pass right by them and they wouldnt touch me...

CWW 02-25-2009 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Karlson (Post 3374410)
I think it depends where you live. I live in pigster heaven in suburbs of Washington DC. In my 10 miles daily commute I see at least 3 police cars. Back when I lived in Florida, it was a paradise. Rarely saw cops in Tampa in the bushes.

Boy have things changed. They're EVERYWHERE down here now.

mekantor 02-25-2009 10:00 AM

I was on a 150mi highway trip last weekend and they were everywhere, despite falling state and city budgets they have time to hang out by the road on weekends.

Fr33kn63 02-25-2009 10:01 AM

If you think things have gotten worse, just wait...now that Obama is in office and expanding our Goverment, giving a ton of money to state, you can expect to see a lot more police on the streets trying to generate more revenue.

THings are only gonna get worse....

MB_Forever 02-25-2009 10:11 AM

Over here, motorcycle cops will actually drive next to you to look through the window for seat belt or cell phone violation or anything else they can get you with..... they're more desperate than ever :X

Fr33kn63 02-25-2009 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by MB_Forever (Post 3374771)
Over here, motorcycle cops will actually drive next to you to look through the window for seat belt or cell phone violation or anything else they can get you with..... they're more desperate than ever :X

I have seen Va HP doing the same stuff. Anyway to bring in revenue!

Cedric1031 02-25-2009 12:21 PM

Tell me about it. Got ticket for tinted windows, no front license plate. When they hear robbery, they hide LOL.

CA_E55 02-25-2009 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cedric1031 (Post 3375046)
Tell me about it. Got ticket for tinted windows, no front license plate. When they hear robbery, they hide LOL.

Same thing here - commute 25K miles per year, same car, 2 years without a problem, than I get pulled over for tint and front plate 2 times in one week! :X

lovnlife 02-25-2009 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by harjothundal (Post 3374412)
got a ticket a few weeks ago for front tint... usually i'd pass right by them and they wouldnt touch me...

Me too. He stopped me for going 80mph on the 15 freeway...along with everyone else. Picked me out of the group. Ended up not writing me for the speed, only the tint.

I've too have seen many more cops out writing tickets and several coordinated speed traps. If any of you in SoCal are ever around the Ontario Airport, watch your speed on Jurupa, south of the airport. They setup on Jurupa, west of Haven in a spot you can't see them until it's too late.

BENZGal 02-25-2009 01:16 PM

I never thought I would be defending cops, but I want to share inside information. I have been dating a local PD and have been privy to inside information. There is no quota! The Sargent does have a conversation with them if they are not issuing tickets. It's their job. As for more police out, my city just laid off four officers. I would be safe to assume it's the same in other cities. The crime has increased in our safe city I'm sure in part to our poor economy.

I also hate the cops that hide in bushes! Be a real man and show yourself! I have three bogus tickets on my record so I feel your pain! The reality is they wanted my blacked out gangsta car not me.:( I is nice to have my current state of professional courtesy!!!!

TMC M5 02-25-2009 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by BENZGal (Post 3375159)
I never thought I would be defending cops, but I want to share inside information. I have been dating a local PD and have been privy to inside information. There is no quota! The Sargent does have a conversation with them if they are not issuing tickets. It's their job. As for more police out, my city just laid off four officers. I would be safe to assume it's the same in other cities. The crime has increased in our safe city I'm sure in part to our poor economy.

I also hate the cops that hide in bushes! Be a real man and show yourself! I have three bogus tickets on my record so I feel your pain! The reality is they wanted my blacked out gangsta car not me.:( I is nice to have my current state of professional courtesy!!!!

I think you should qualify that statement to say "there is no hard quota". The fact that the seargant is talking to officers with low ticket counts shows that the department is reviewing the ticket counts and trying to motivate those officers to issue more tickets....resulting in what I would call a "soft quota".

Tom

nismorg 02-25-2009 01:44 PM

What you know, there was a study done on this.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/redlands...6.2d7110e.html

I think its time I invest in a good Jammer :smokin:

baldmike73 02-25-2009 01:55 PM

here in Silicon Valley on the hwy 280 and 680 have been bad lately. Between Wolfe Rd and Winchester has been a big speed trap - like 5 cops lined up on the bikes all with LIDAR and now they have moved down towards Milpitas by the 101 same thing. Be careful out there.

I think we should get that jammer group buy up and running as I know I am wanting more than the Valentine!

ChicagoX 02-25-2009 02:02 PM

Trapster is your friend.

BENZGal 02-25-2009 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by TMC M5 (Post 3375206)
I think you should qualify that statement to say "there is no hard quota". The fact that the seargant is talking to officers with low ticket counts shows that the department is reviewing the ticket counts and trying to motivate those officers to issue more tickets....resulting in what I would call a "soft quota".

Tom

Well, I'm not sure if quota is the correct word to use after he explained it to me? The Sargent stays off their back if they are productive period. It could be DUI's, tickets, crime reports, arrests. What is their job? To control traffic, respond when we need them, deal with gangs, and control crime period. He said they get spoken to if they are not out doing their job. One of the indicators or performance records are tickets or arrests. If they don't get them it looks like they are spending the day at the local bakery. My guy along with his partners just agreed to a 5% cut in pay to save more officers. I have no doubt that the Chief is getting pressure by the City to be more accountable. My guy is more worried about the increasing gang wars over drugs in our safe town than catching people that speed. They have also had a huge increase of DUI's which they relate to the economy hence more check points. I dunno guys I am not defending them, just telling what I am hearing. I just had to switch to Mercury for my record! :smash:

aleksandar1099 02-25-2009 02:39 PM

I think in regards to not getting tickets, having the w211 chassis, with a giant engine is a huge advantage.

I mean in no way, shape or form, do the cops expect the e55/e63 to shoot past a F car, P car, L car, Corvette(non z06), or Mustang...

I was talking to one of my friends that recently changed his e55 over to an M6, and the police issue has been very different. He said that he NEVER had a problem with the e55, but with the M6, he just attracts trouble!! I can attest to this, having no speeding tickets(HUGE knock on wood) and I drive the car...agressive... ok maybe a little more like completly insane... but still, it proves the point.

When I was driving next to a mustang gt500, doing the same speed, 80 in a 55, he got pulled over, not me... and this is not an isolated instance...

At one point in time I wanted to trade to an sl55, but the appeal of the e55, in regards to police, is just staggeringly better!, but this doesnt mean that I wont move into an sl65 this summer :D

nismorg 02-25-2009 03:39 PM

I've been thinking the same thing. Havn't had a speeding ticket in 12 years, but if i went in court and said Judge, The cop didn't get me, I'm a family guy with a station wagon, will he let me get away with a warning.

Karlson 02-25-2009 04:08 PM

I am sorry, but this is BS that there is no quota for tickets. At least in Virginia, you can clearly see when they are short on budget, cops are stopping people who drive 8(!) mph over the limit. It is usually in the end of the month.

ldangeli 02-25-2009 04:12 PM

They are definitely out in full force in NJ. I've been pulled over twice in two weeks. Once with my ML63 and once in my M. Go down the road a little and there sits another one, just waiting..

TMC M5 02-25-2009 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by BENZGal (Post 3375407)
Well, I'm not sure if quota is the correct word to use after he explained it to me? The Sargent stays off their back if they are productive period. It could be DUI's, tickets, crime reports, arrests. What is their job? To control traffic, respond when we need them, deal with gangs, and control crime period. He said they get spoken to if they are not out doing their job. One of the indicators or performance records are tickets or arrests. If they don't get them it looks like they are spending the day at the local bakery. My guy along with his partners just agreed to a 5% cut in pay to save more officers. I have no doubt that the Chief is getting pressure by the City to be more accountable. My guy is more worried about the increasing gang wars over drugs in our safe town than catching people that speed. They have also had a huge increase of DUI's which they relate to the economy hence more check points. I dunno guys I am not defending them, just telling what I am hearing. I just had to switch to Mercury for my record! :smash:

I have no doubt that your "guy" is in an untenable position. I just do not like the idea of law enforcement being used as a revenue generator...it can lead to some very bad results....(it is not your guy's fault)

Tom

01bolt 02-25-2009 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Karlson (Post 3375822)
I am sorry, but this is BS that there is no quota for tickets. At least in Virginia, you can clearly see when they are short on budget, cops are stopping people who drive 8(!) mph over the limit. It is usually in the end of the month.

Your right in VA i just got a ticket for no currant county sticker it was paid for but i forgot to put it on .

LeeRod80 02-25-2009 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by nismorg (Post 3374274)
With state govts in a financial darkhole, cops are out in full force to give speeding tickets.

It seems lately, everytime I press the throttle, there's a cop hiding in the bushes, around the corner. Twice tonight I hit the throttle and valentine1 started going off and sure enough, Guy was sitting far of the street in a Shopping center parking lot.

How are you guys dealing with the cops and keeping off the throttle. I crap my pants driving the 63 thinking I'm gonna get nabbed again.

I got nabbed 2 weeks ago :confused:

How did you get nabbed with the Valentine 1? Speaking of LOTS-O-COPS, I was coming back from NYC this morning and I saw at least 10 patrol cars on 90 West alone! :crazy: Scary, as I have NO jammer..just gut instinct! :y hahaha