HIN on Speed Channel now...Clown w/Challenger SRT8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Edited...I'll be kind and bite me tongue...
This is the venting thread, let it flow brother unless it's about me
Old 04-16-2009, 12:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I think that is the cat from Famosa and I also remember him running 11.7s. I remember something about how he was fast and planning many mods. Low compression pistons that did not have a blower yet (at Famosa), if that was him. He is friends with a member here.....
Old 04-16-2009, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Anyone know what channel it is for DirectTV?
Old 04-16-2009, 09:27 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by TopGun32
every American name plate forum really advocates how much cheaper is to mod a Ford, GM, Dodge/chrys ect.... and beat Ferrari, Porsche, MB, BMW..

I don't get the facination of trying to beat other people by spending less...

I wonder if those who have this train of thought ever think who the real winner is. The guy who drives the car you can't afford? Obviously he is doing something right and give the man props.

Also.. they always compare MSRP prices when new. Even if the car is 5 years old. Every car depreciates. Specially American name plates.

03 E55's are now in the high 20k.. with a few thousand dollars.. it will be run 120+ high 11's and still be able to take the kids to Disneyland in comfort. That plenty fast for just about any sane person.

How about them apples?
That's the really funny part! Once those type of guys start modding, they will usually lie about how much they've spent. Either that, or they're lying to themselves about it.

Odds are, he's got a lot more into that car than he will ever let on, but he'll never admit it, because he knows (same as we do) that by the time you have $70k invested in a stupid Dodge Charger, you must feel like a giant douchewad knowing you could have gone out and bought a used Ferrari or Pcar or an AMG and just been done with it.

So he falls back on the whole cost thing to make himself feel better. He knows that for what he has in that Charger, he could have bought a better car, and that burns him. That's my grade-school psychology analysis anyways. American car drivers fall into this trap a lot. They're cheaper to mod, but not THAT much cheaper. If this guy's out changing pistons etc., then he's got more money in that car than most guys around here have in their AMG's.

Whenever somebody makes such a HUGE point of telling you something, like this guy did on HIN about how his car beats AMG's for cheap, then the truth is usually the exact opposite.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG **sold** 2005 E55 AMG Take 2
Might have already been posted is this the same car on drag times? Blown 426 stroker in the car running a 10.8 @ 128 mph. Sure looks like it.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Chall...lip-17864.html

He must have got the work done!

He probably spent $15K plus on the motor, the thing just isn't gonna live very long. Plus he added a Quaife and a high stall plus suspension, he's into that car way past $20k in mods plus the price of the car ($35K new).

You're right he's just po'd that its a dodge and he could have had an AMG+.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 SL55
Originally Posted by E55KOMPRESSED
Might have already been posted is this the same car on drag times? Blown 426 stroker in the car running a 10.8 @ 128 mph. Sure looks like it.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Chall...lip-17864.html

He must have got the work done!

He probably spent $15K plus on the motor, the thing just isn't gonna live very long. Plus he added a Quaife and a high stall plus suspension, he's into that car way past $20k in mods plus the price of the car ($35K new).

You're right he's just po'd that its a dodge and he could have had an AMG+.
If it is the same guy, the ironic thing is most of us would give him props for getting 10.8 @ 128 out of a 4,000 lb car. That's a hard thing to do, as we well know!

If we're foolish for spending money on AMGs, isn't he also foolish for paying $50,000+ to get a 10.8 Dodge Challenger when he could have bought, say, a 9 second Chevy Vega for a fraction of the cost?

As is usually the case, he'd have been better off letting his car do the talking.

FWIW....
Old 04-16-2009, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
that is the car from famoso...although it was n/a at that time, but i don't know if it's the same car from the hin show. either way, the car from famoso likely has over $70k into it by now if you consider parts and man hours.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
The guy who posted the timeslip on dragtimes also is on car domain. Maybe someone should ask him if he is the same guy running his mouth on HIN:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3210990

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showth...=140342&page=3

Tom
Old 04-16-2009, 02:19 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
The last time I seen pics of it he had custom one off front runners made. I seen he had run 10's that's why I said only a select few would be able to show him an AMG badge, and that's on a fender. When I taped a pilot last year in a race against a 440GTX I said I'd show him my bumper. It didn't happen he tree'd me and barely beat won. 12.22 to my 12.25. So sometimes the camera's make you say things you may regret. I'm sure he has a new respect for AMG's after running at famoso.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:20 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Originally Posted by TMC M5
The guy who posted the timeslip on dragtimes also is on car domain. Maybe someone should ask him if he is the same guy running his mouth on HIN:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3210990

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showth...=140342&page=3

Tom
If it is him he's a member here. Just search the Famoso thread and you can pm him. His vid's from Famoso are there as well.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by Thericker
This is the venting thread, let it flow brother unless it's about me
Nothing bad about you good sir. You are A-okay in my book!
Old 04-16-2009, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Car seems to be moving...Maybe he has shown a few AMG's his tail lights trapping 128 , What ever the case he definitely should be more precautious calling out AMG's and shwoing tail lights here and there. Aren't we all car fanatics? The nerve of some people.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Car seems to be moving...Maybe he has shown a few AMG's his tail lights trapping 128 , What ever the case he definitely should be more precautious calling out AMG's and shwoing tail lights here and there. Aren't we all car fanatics? The nerve of some people.
You're a perfect example for him, yes your CL65 cost way more to begin with (But in this market can be had for high $40k's, brand new the Challenger SRT8 is $40k) the VRP825 Pack only cost $7500? = more reliable & faster times. He's dumped way more than $20k in that Challenger when you include blower etc..
It's not even carrying the factory engine anymore?? Stripped interior, your CL65 is faster has full interior & weighs more..Nuff said

I wont even go into what looks betterThough I'm certain Tatoo's pig wrestling cousins think differently up on the farm

Last edited by Thericker; 04-16-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Thericker
You're a perfect example for him, yes your CL65 cost way more to begin with (But in this market can be had for high $40k's, brand new the Challenger SRT8 is $40k) the VRP825 Pack only cost $7500? = more reliable & faster times. He's dumped way more than $20k in that Challenger when you include blower etc..
It's not even carrying the factory engine anymore?? Stripped interior, your CL65 is faster has full interior & weighs more..Nuff said

I wont even go into what looks betterThough I'm certain Tatoo's pig wrestling cousins think differently up on the farm
Thanks . There will always be something faster...at least we know we look good in it.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:16 PM

2005 E55 AMG **sold** 2005 E55 AMG Take 2
[QUOTE=jmf003;
As is usually the case, he'd have been better off letting his car do the talking.

FWIW....[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

We are all whacked in one way or another, for me it happens to be an AMG if you love the challenger/charger then so be it.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:40 PM

2008 Dodge Challenger
Here I am Dudes! And I do feel like a shmuck! Ive been to 2 of your track events and I must say I was very surprised with your cars, I talked to much, Actually way to much!
If you can find it in your hearts to forgive me I would be very appreciattive, Since the airing I felt like a dueche, Since meeting and running you guys I felt like a duesche.
So can we be friends? Btw heres my latestest pass.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 426Hemi
Here I am Dudes! And I do feel like a shmuck! Ive been to 2 of your track events and I must say I was very surprised with your cars, I talked to much, Actually way to much!
If you can find it in your hearts to forgive me I would be very appreciattive, Since the airing I felt like a dueche, Since meeting and running you guys I felt like a duesche.

I like your car, and what you've done with it.

Nice pass.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Guys.....

YES, Chris (426Hemi) is the guy that you saw on the speed channel and he is also the same person that joined us at Famoso a couple of times and even at Sacramento a few times. He is a super nice guy and his car is truly stunning. He was mainly just messing around on TV and the episode was filmed way before he joined us at the track. I actually thought it was kind of funny that he thought our AMGs cost $100k...... he was very surprised when I told him he could pick one up for less than $40k

Anyways, I had the pleasure of meeting Chris a few times and getting to know him better. He is a very stand up guy and a big car enthusiast. Please accept his apologies and lets get together and break some records

By the way, his car ran an 11.40 a few times that day at Famoso with just bolt-ons. So he was actually less than 0.2 seconds away from the fastest E55 out there Now he has a supercharger on his car and is running 10s but the way his car is going, he'll likely hit the high 9s by the end of the year

Last edited by MB_Forever; 04-16-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo

I started the thread, & think your apology is more than ample, I took the name calling a lil far & retract your deuchery status latest pass is excellent, I didn't meet you in Famoso but look fwd to it in the future..

Lastly, please tell us how much $$ you've dumped into her to date? & which AMG's did you have previous encounters with that made you make such comments or were they most likely badged-up reg 230/320/430/500/550 models since your obviously more familar w/the brand?

Sean....

Last edited by Thericker; 04-17-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Guys.....

YES, Chris (426Hemi) is the guy that you saw on the speed channel and he is also the same person that joined us at Famoso a couple of times and even at Sacramento a few times. He is a super nice guy and his car is truly stunning. He was mainly just messing around on TV and the episode was filmed way before he joined us at the track. I actually thought it was kind of funny that he thought our AMGs cost $100k...... he was very surprised when I told him he could pick one up for less than $40k

Anyways, I had the pleasure of meeting Chris a few times and getting to know him better. He is a very stand up guy and a big car enthusiast. Please accept his apologies and lets get together and break some records

By the way, his car ran an 11.40 a few times that day at Famoso with just bolt-ons. So he was actually less than 0.2 seconds away from the fastest E55 out there Now he has a supercharger on his car and is running 10s but the way his car is going, he'll likely hit the high 9s by the end of the year
I stopped reading after these words. There will be a million people who sees HIN and what that guy sad on tv, but only mbworld members know what he says now. I don't care what he sad, but this is total BS when he talks crap on tv and now he wants be all friendly after all.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Karlson
I stopped reading after these words. There will be a million people who sees HIN and what that guy sad on tv, but only mbworld members know what he says now. I don't care what he sad, but this is total BS when he talks crap on tv and now he wants be all friendly after all.
Let it go, he apologized sincerely even called himself a deuche what more can the man do? Trust me I was more than irritated @ 1st but I feel he's owned up to it in a standup way...
Old 04-17-2009, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
I raced that chalenger at famoso a few times. He ran 11.7 against me... We were neck and neck practically the entire 1/4. He nudged slightly ahead around the last 300 feet. It was pretty quick.

Last edited by Max.H; 04-17-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Old 04-17-2009, 01:56 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
In my book fast is fast. Only a handful can drive like you as well. So props to you there. It's ok to open up the checkbook whether it's AMG or SRT, retail to retail plus all mods still only half price to touch 10's. For 70k the nhra race ready cobra jet is alot of car. Instant 10's right off the showroom floor. Here's the vid Cobra Jet Stock
Old 04-17-2009, 04:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by cruzinquick
In my book fast is fast. Only a handful can drive like you as well. So props to you there. It's ok to open up the checkbook whether it's AMG or SRT, retail to retail plus all mods still only half price to touch 10's. For 70k the nhra race ready cobra jet is alot of car. Instant 10's right off the showroom floor. Here's the vid Cobra Jet Stock
I read about those Cobra Jets, very kooool in C&D they said their all already sold...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: HIN on Speed Channel now...Clown w/Challenger SRT8