MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/293447-liberty-mutual-auto-insurance.html)

MB_Forever 04-20-2009 03:51 PM

Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance

Mercedes Benz USA has been sending me these letters in the mail about their new "First Class Insurance" program, which is apparently offered through partnership with Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance.

Does anybody have any experience with Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance? Are they decent? Do they handle claims any better?

bbearden 04-20-2009 05:45 PM

Funny you mentioned them! I was hit by one of their policyholders and they were not very pleasant to deal with, even though their party was at-fault in the accident. I would pass to a better known, more reputable company. Others may be a bit pricier, but you pay for the service you get and when you get into a situation which requires their intervention, you definitely want someone working hard for you. I equate them to an attorney, you definitely don't necessarily shop for an attorney based on price....

KA8 04-20-2009 05:50 PM

I have liberty mutual insurance for 4 yrs now and I'll never switch. They offer great rates(almost too low), good customer service, and they are rated just as high as other major insurance comapanies. Another plus is accident forgiveness program. HIghly recommended. :y

I heard they're major insurance company for eastern states.

Ckim1021 04-20-2009 05:57 PM

I just changed my insurance to Liberty Mutual. Their rate was great.

URnext 04-20-2009 06:05 PM

What up Mo! When is the next track event?

About Liberty Mutual, last time I checked they were financially strong. I would check on their financial grade, (standard poors/A.M Best ratings). I know a lot of insurance companies are getting downgraded. I, personally, would only get an insurance carrier with a rating of A- or better.

As far as customer service & claim handling, I dont know since I have never dealt with those departments before.

GL

MB_Forever 04-20-2009 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by URnext (Post 3478353)
What up Mo! When is the next track event?

About Liberty Mutual, last time I checked they were financially strong. I would check on their financial grade, (standard poors/A.M Best ratings). I know a lot of insurance companies are getting downgraded. I, personally, would only get an insurance carrier with a rating of A- or better.

As far as customer service & claim handling, I dont know since I have never dealt with those departments before.

GL

Hi Sal, thanks for the advise....... :y How's the car running :naughty:

URnext 04-20-2009 08:08 PM

Here's what I got from A.M Best, www.ambest.com, I would have posted up the link but you have to sign up to view ratings. Liberty Mutual is still "A" rated with a negative outllook. All in all, finanicially strong as of today.

View Ratings: Financial Strength Issuer Credit Securities Advanced Search Other Web Centers: Select One ------------------------- Center Overview ------------------------- Ratings Banking Consumer Information Underwriting & Loss ------------------------- Property/Casualty Life/Health Health Captive Reinsurance Insurance-Linked Securities Title & Mortgage ------------------------- Asia Pacific Canada Europe

Company Information Financial Strength Ratings Issuer Credit Ratings

AMB#

Company Name

Rating
Outlook /
Implication

Long-Term
Outlook/
Implication

Short-Term

Domicile
02282 Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Company
Insurance - Property/ Casualty (Operating Company) A Negative a Negative US: Wisconsin
86997 Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Co CAB
Insurance - Property/ Casualty (Operating Company) A Negative a Negative CA: Ontario
00060 ‡ Liberty Mutual Insurance Companies
Insurance - Property/ Casualty (Data Consolidation) A Negative a Negative US: Massachusetts
02283 Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
Insurance - Property/ Casualty (Operating Company) A Negative a Negative US: Massachusetts
87060 Liberty Mutual Insurance Company CAB
Insurance - Property/ Casualty (Operating Company) A Negative a Negative CA: Ontario
87425 Liberty Mutual Insurance Europe Limited
Insurance - Property/ Casualty (Operating Company) A Negative a Negative United Kingdom
00588 Liberty Mutual Mid-Atlantic Insurance Co
Insurance - Property/ Casualty (Operating Company) A Negative a Negative US: Pennsylvania
13107 Liberty Mutual Personal Insurance Co
Insurance - Property/ Casualty (Operating Company) A Negative a Negative US: Massachusetts

Note: Financial Strength Ratings as of 04/20/2009 06:16 PM E.S.T.
‡ Financial Strength Ratings (FSR) are sometimes assigned to Property/Casualty - A.M. Best Consolidated Groups. Please note that Life/Health - A.M. Best Consolidated Groups and Company Consolidated Financial Statements are not assigned FSR ratings.
* Denotes Under Review Best's Ratings
Visit Best's Rating Center for a complete overview of our rating process and methodologies.

Customer Service | Product Support | Member Center | Contact Info | Careers
About A.M. Best | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Security | Terms of Use | Legal & Licensing
Copyright © 2009 A.M. Best Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
A.M. Best Worldwide Headquarters, Ambest Road, Oldwick, New Jersey, 08858, U.S.A.

Vegasmerc 04-01-2012 02:19 AM

Hello everyone. I just joined this site. I work for Liberty Mutual in Las Vegas and I work directly with a Mercedes dealership here. I can fill you in on the insurance program. The most important part is that we guarantee to repair the car with OEM parts. I plan to lease a C250 in April. I've been looking at these cars for too long. I finally decided its time.

infantry 04-01-2012 04:04 AM

I actually called them. It ended up being wayyy more expensive than my USAA Auto insurance.

djrabbi 04-01-2012 09:46 AM

I have Liberty also, great insurance. I got this in the mail also but when they quoted me, it was $1,200 more a year.

mtrevelino 04-01-2012 10:47 AM

I had Liberty Mutual for at least ten years for my car, motorcycle, and house. Their rates seemed to creep up every year. During the past four years I was rear ended while stopped in traffic (older Volvo), and was blind sided by another driver while on my motorcycle. In both cases I had to fight hard to get decent settlements from them. I thought that it would be easier to settle with my insurance company and have them settle with the drivers insurance company that hit me. In the future I will go after the other insurance company directly. Currently I have my insurance with Progressive as they had much lower prices for both my MB and MC.
Mike T.

EdoubleNickel 04-01-2012 06:00 PM

I have Liberty Mutual..... Customer service second to none, the only problem I have is..... My rates goes up everytme I renew. Clean driving record, no tickets no accidents. But yet it increases by $300.00 last year, and they wanted a whooping $700.00 this year!

Vegasmerc 04-01-2012 07:56 PM

It is better to go through the insurance company of the person who hit you instead of your own insurance company. I'm sorry to hear you had a rough time on the claim. Prices will vary depending on where you are in the country but here in Vegas our rates are competitive so far.

Silverjash 04-03-2018 09:39 PM

The worst insurance reviews by customers

I https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d665b8e93f.png

One star for Liberty Mutual
I received mail from Mercedes Insurance and thought wow, I’m doing that! Then it said they partner with Liberty Insurance and so I did a quote online and waited for their call. But then I got curious because one website sang their praises and another gives them 4 out of 5 stars making them better than most insurance companies. Yet I hadn’t come across a single review from someone insured by them - particularly one who’s had an accident with them as the insurer. Any insurance company can look good if you’ve never filed a claim because you’ve never needed them. When you need them is when you find out who they really are and that’s exactly why consumer affairs has a website. After spending a hour or so there reading these people’s stories, my heart just goes out to them. It’s not even about me anymore, I’m happy with Geico and not going anywhere. But I couldn’t stop thinking about some of these stories for days. Of 165 reviews, 137 give one star. But that’s not the worst of it, it’s the consistency of LM’s response (or lack thereof) with each reviewer, after the accident that will make you who are with Liberty blessed to not have had one. See for yourself: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/insu...erty_auto.html

CharlyE500 04-04-2018 12:12 AM

I have Liberty Mutual for the last 12 years so far so good. knock on the wood.

Cambridgehank 04-07-2018 05:37 PM

MB dealer referred Liberty Mutual to me after we purchased the new car. Mutual offered to review my insurance and came in with a price lower than our previous auto insurance company. The company has now offered an even deeper discount, depending on a review be a device installed in our cars. Our MB dealer placed one in my car. My wife does not trust "Big Brother" especially after the FaceBook experience. Has anyone here installed the RightTrack device?

Strigoi 04-07-2018 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cambridgehank (Post 7424477)
Has anyone here installed the RightTrack device?

There was some discussion not too long ago about a guy that had something like that installed on his new to him E63. He said he got a pretty good discount if he could behave for a few months while it was on the car.

4ShoreRunner 04-08-2018 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cambridgehank (Post 7424477)
Has anyone here installed the RightTrack device?

Originally Posted by Strigoi (Post 7424481)
There was some discussion not too long ago about a guy that had something like that installed on his new to him E63. He said he got a pretty good discount if he could behave for a few months while it was on the car.

Yeah - that was me. I've had it installed in 4 different vehicles and I've gotten anywhere from 20-30% off. it is only installed for 90 days and sure they get your driving habits but I've had LM for 5 years and they haven't screwed me.

They track acceleration, braking, distance, and time of day. You get dinged for rapid acceleration, rapid deceleration, and driving between the hours of midnight and 4am.

The rapid deceleration is the one that is the most BS in my opinion - driving around DC you're cut off on a daily basis...so nothing I could do regarding safe travel distances with the car in front of me could fix that.

StarvingArtist 04-09-2018 07:19 AM

Just my .02 I've got Geico because they were half the price of what I had before. When I hit a moose with my first CLS they paid well, then my rates went down by a tiny bit. No complaints.

coolcamden 04-09-2018 02:46 PM

I can’t stand the smug young man standing there while his mom toted how Liberty Insurance fixed his flats for him so he could get home. Hey how about teaching him right, by fixing your own flat? Every man should be able to fix a flat. Geeezz.

Cambridgehank 04-09-2018 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by coolcamden (Post 7426013)
I can’t stand the smug young man standing there while his mom toted how Liberty Insurance fixed his flats for him so he could get home. Hey how about teaching him right, by fixing your own flat? Every man should be able to fix a flat. Geeezz.e

Except, now we have run flats on the MB and RAV4. I don't have to teach grandkids about lug wrenches or changing tires.