MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   Insane Surface ST + FRWY races w/Black C6 Z06!!! (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/294500-insane-surface-st-frwy-races-w-black-c6-z06.html)

Thericker 04-25-2009 07:15 AM

Insane Surface ST + FRWY races w/Black C6 Z06!!!

5 Attachment(s)
Location is deserted town + frwy in Mexico:rolleyes:

I'm heading to Workout 24hr fitness Fri night 11pm (got my car back together w/new Custom CAI + thru a can of Torco in today & put about 25+ miles on her earlier this afternoon now running on 1/8 of a tank) I hate using but dyno's but that's all I have at my disposal. SL is running like an unchained animal temps were about 45 deg outside the extra icing needed for optimum power...

Long story....... I exit gas station & what is sitting @ stoplight all alone on 4 lane surface street? Late model C6 Z06 had all the correct badging/Larger Vette Calipers/rotors bodywork ect.. butterfly exhaust (sounded open @ idle) my driver door right against his pass door, who's in the seat a friggin hott lil' blond w/older Russian dude w/blk hair full beard windows cracked as were waiting @ light they're both looking over I raise my hand in gesture to see if he's down? light hits green were rolling not punched @ about 5 mph then we both nail it amazingly @ same time!!

His rear kick's hard to left loosing traction, I loose traction too but somehow stay in it facing fwd, were dead even @ 30mph I hear his exhaust vibrating the ground! It's ON!!!! 40-60 were dead even I'm freaking out:eek:65-75 were still dead ballzz even:eek: 75-90 I start to pull:naughty::eek::naughty: @ 90 I'm @ the very least 3/4 - 1 car ahead (we have to break HARD next set of lights) I'm in utter shock I called Max.H, hysterical screaming "doooood I'm racing a Z06 right now!!!" (he's @ club can't hear eachother) I grab the phn & start to try n take pix... we hit the frwy then try to line up, I tried the (3) honks but this guy had not a clue, outt've (1) clean race from about 70'ish to I don't know what I was trying to snap pix, we were dead even again:eek:

The other (2) rolls he'd take off on 1st or 2nd honk the 2nd race he hit earlier but I was ready in 2nd gear waiting for any hint of hammer drop, he got the slightest jump bout 3/4-1 length & I stuck on him like glue till 1xx I'm seriously LOVING the moment just freaking trying to snap pix etc...

I bright him on last run & signal for him to hit next exit, he does I'm right next to his hottie pass our windows dropped, I say "do you have any mods?" he say's "Nope Bone Stock" quickly followed by "What model MB is that???" I tell him SL600 V12 TT, his eyes bug out! "what mods do you have??" I reply "Bone stock";) he's totally in shock, I ask him if it was a clean run to 90mph, he says yeah except I got sideways for a bit, I replied "I lost traction too but stayed straight" lights go green @ intersection were stopped @ w/cars behind both of us honking to go, he stays giving thumbs/I do too, but then he just sits there? I figure he wanted a clearer look @ my trunk badging:D

Now before you all tell me it's impossible! I agree to a point, but I had previous encounter w/Supercharged C6 W211beast & others saw those races, we too were dead even in couple races. I tend to think the Z06 is still faster than Maggied C6, & possibly this fellow just wasn't gifted @ rowing the gears:nix: tho he seemed to drive well. Absolute best parts were beating him to 90mph while he was obviously trying to impress his young date, (a wins a win, poorly driven whatever) & to back it up on frwy was just about the finest moments I've had in this beast to date. I just can't get over how this went down, it was textbook just good times!!

The new CAI is kickin' you can clearly hear the wategates surging open/closing now...

Now a few pathetic cam phn pix, I tried my best while racing (stupid) I know but here they are.

If yu're a member here? Beautiful ride! the cars nice too;) thanks for the runs:y
https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...0424092303.jpg

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...0424092302.jpg

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...0424092256.jpg

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...424092303a.jpg

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...0424092257.jpg

C43AMG 04-25-2009 07:40 AM

Great story...but I have to give you a "C minus" for not snapping any shots of the blonde. :stick:I love the "I hear his exhaust vibrating the ground". :y

Thericker 04-25-2009 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by C43AMG (Post 3487786)
Great story...but I have to give you a "C minus" for not snapping any shots of the blonde. :stick:I love the "I hear his exhaust vibrating the ground". :y

You know what's funny, while sitting/talking to them I was dying to snap a perfect pic' but would've felt like a total dork, my imagination....."Why are you taking our picture?" me "Uhh I love your car?" "Uhhh I need this for my MBforum!" LoL :y

C43AMG 04-25-2009 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Thericker (Post 3487791)
You know what's funny, while sitting/talking to them I was dying to snap a perfect pic' but would've felt like a total dork, my imagination....."Why are you taking our picture?" me "Uhh I love your car?" "Uhhh I need this for my MBforum!" LoL :y

LOL ! Did you ever run into that BMW with the Dinan package that was running around your neck of the woods? :nix:

Thericker 04-25-2009 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by C43AMG (Post 3487797)
LOL ! Did you ever run into that BMW with the Dinan package that was running around your neck of the woods? :nix:

NO...Good memory tho that was back in the day!

hotrod182 04-25-2009 10:14 AM

Very Impressive. Those Z06s can run low 11's stock! Great car performance bargain, right out of the box.

MJ50 04-25-2009 11:34 AM

very nice sean! :y

Hammer Down 04-25-2009 01:23 PM

Nice run bro, the same thing happen when I ran into a Z06 here in town and we went from a 5mph roll, he jumped sideways to the left but he caught it. Tell me about this Torco? some corvette owner told me one day at the track that if I wanted to run 11's stock that I should get a can of Torco.

jangy 04-25-2009 01:53 PM

That is total BS. It must not have been a genuine Chevy. No MB could ever hang with a Vette. You are a liar. Blah blah blah.... :D

Thericker 04-25-2009 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by jangy (Post 3488110)
That is total BS. It must not have been a genuine Chevy. No MB could ever hang with a Vette. You are a liar. Blah blah blah.... :D

You & I are 1 now;)

Hammer Down Nice run bro, the same thing happen when I ran into a Z06 here in town and we went from a 5mph roll, he jumped sideways to the left but he caught it. Tell me about this Torco? some corvette owner told me one day at the track that if I wanted to run 11's stock that I should get a can of Torco
Torco is the best octane boosster INMOP on market mixed w/10 gallons of CA Sh_it Supereme = about 95+ Oct really helps Turbo cars the most, but def should give nice bump to Supercharged cars as well.

(I know on the dyno w/out setting tune any higher, tuners can garner as much as 20+whp on stock Supercharged App, N/A cars there's not as much to be gained unless actually tuned for the extra Oct) I'd love to see what a 55 can do @ strip w/High Octane tune say 100:nix: I honestly have never read or seen 1 do it yet...

MJ50 very nice sean!
:y

hotrod182 Very Impressive. Those Z06s can run low 11's stock! Great car performance bargain, right out of the box.
PM me your # we'll do those rolls w/TT GTO & your 1/4 spot.

Max.H 04-25-2009 04:52 PM

Ohhh, so that's what you were saying... Nice run!! I couldn't hear a word. I was getting chewed out by a cute girl :rant: because, I accidentally called her by the wrong name. :nix: :slap: :rolf::rolf:

Thericker 04-25-2009 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Max.H (Post 3488277)
Ohhh, so that's what you were saying... Nice run!! I couldn't hear a word. I was getting chewed out by a cute girl :rant: because, I accidentally called her by the wrong name. :nix: :slap: :rolf::rolf:

:rolf:I told you when that happens, remember: call'em tootz' or sweetheart' :rolleyes:if all else fails buy shots n' change subject:naughty:

Max.H 04-25-2009 05:59 PM

Ok tootz! :rolf: :y