W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another fire in Santa Barbara! ***** pigster wouldn't let me pass to my house!!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
We are still standing, what a freak stress--full week!!! OMG!
Old 05-09-2009, 05:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by jpohl402
I have to disagree whole-heartedly at this statement....
My life / material possessions / home / piece of mind -
are much more important to me than an area of town.....
Fair enough, though So Cal and Santa Barbara isn't simply an "area of town." It's a way of life, a culture, and a unique paradise where bad weather, sleet, rain, snow and tornados simply don't exist. The occasional fire & earthquake is all you contend with. Gotta live here to understand it. If being land-locked and dealing with humidity/mosquitos/ice/crappy weather is your cup of tea, to each his own.

Last edited by VCA_AMG; 05-09-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Originally Posted by mugatu22
Fair enough, though So Cal and Santa Barbara isn't simply an "area of town." It's a way of life, a culture, and a unique paradise where bad weather, sleet, rain, snow and tornados simply don't exist. The occasional fire & earthquake is all you contend with. Gotta live here to understand it. If being land-locked and dealing with humidity/mosquitos/ice/crappy weather is your cup of tea, to each his own.

I definitely see your opinion here, as I know the other side of the spectrum sucks (middle of country-no ocean, snow/ice, tornadoes, etc) --
However I view the earthquakes and fires as a serious negative as well

Granted I have never been anywhere in SoCal, though I have vacationed a bit to very nice areas (Cayman Islands, Miami, etc)

Going to SoCal this winter - for positive !!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Things sound a lot better now. Evac is being called back. I own a house just south of Foothill and the tenants say they can go back today. Weather was good with heavy marine layer this morning. Mandatory evac is now lifted on everything south of Foothill between Mission Canyon and San Marcos....
Old 05-09-2009, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 220S
Things sound a lot better now. Evac is being called back. I own a house just south of Foothill and the tenants say they can go back today. Weather was good with heavy marine layer this morning. Mandatory evac is now lifted on everything south of Foothill between Mission Canyon and San Marcos....
Man, there are some insane pictures online of thie fire..unreal
Old 05-10-2009, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Hollllllyyyyy KRAP!!!! Just got home an hour + ago, North of Foothill reopened @ 10am today. The utter devastation is beyond words (pictures coming) some neighbors lost everything while most of my street is like an oasis, hills burned on ALL (3) sides up to freakin' fence line, row of houses @ top amazingly standing with all else disintegrated.

It look'd like a tidal wave of fire coming down the entire mountain behind my house (top-to-bottom-left-to-right) when I left for final evac...Prayers go out to all that have lost homes/animals/etc...Thank you for all the support brothers!!

Fire crews & police
Old 05-10-2009, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Post them pics..
Old 05-10-2009, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by Thericker
Hollllllyyyyy KRAP!!!! Just got home an hour + ago, North of Foothill reopened @ 10am today. The utter devastation is beyond words (pictures coming) some neighbors lost everything while most of my street is like an oasis, hills burned on ALL (3) sides up to freakin' fence line, row of houses @ top amazingly standing with all else disintegrated.

It look'd like a tidal wave of fire coming down the entire mountain behind my house (top-to-bottom-left-to-right) when I left for final evac...Prayers go out to all that have lost homes/animals/etc...Thank you for all the support brothers!!

Fire crews & police
Glad you made out okay.

Bummer for others. The Tea Fire and now this, damn.

Heading up Monday to check the house. The area must look like hell. What a mess.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
I'll go around the yard & get a few pix, + 1 from bedroom window, then driveway where it look'd like a tidal wave a fire when it was burning @ evac (didn't have time for pix when ablaze as you could imagine, I wish I could've snapped 1 though it was the most terrifyng wall of fire I've ever witnessed! flames were 100's of feet high in distance!)

Back n' in few min...
Old 05-11-2009, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
yo Ricker, I got your VM bro. Yeah it's been pretty crazy, everyone in SB County and beyond have swarmed the area to help. I ended up not being sent out there as we had plenty of other people already going and my caseload calls me to court twice a week, so I wasn't prime candidate this time. Anyway, I'm glad everything's ok. My heart goes out to those who lost everything though...
Old 05-11-2009, 07:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
Glad to hear everyone's ok & their homes are still standing. I love Santa Barbara and visit often. Hope they can get everything in order and keep everyone safe now that the big fires are out!!!