MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   Am I on the verge of a breakthrough? Adaptations Disabled in Star? (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/298350-am-i-verge-breakthrough-adaptations-disabled-star.html)

Jakpro1 05-14-2009 06:27 PM

Am I on the verge of a breakthrough? Adaptations Disabled in Star?

Okay so messing around with my Star developer edition (it's a code you can enter to get into the hidden part of Star which they use when developing the car)

Anyway, it's all in German so you gotta go through word by word and try to decode.

Anyway I came to a section where you can make changes to the ECU such as axle ratio and a bunch of different settings and I blew over #194

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/241...micsgerman.jpg

Then I found a list of the boxes in another part of Star but in English and look what it says for 194

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/746...icsenglish.jpg

This is Star Simulator so nevermind the "not present" part. I kinda sat there a bit stunned. Could I really have found the magic button???

Then I typed "Adaptive Drive Dynamics" into Google

include the vario-roof, which transforms the Roadster into a watertight Coupé in 16 seconds, the state-of-the-art lightweight body with its aluminium add-on parts and exemplary aerodynamics, the sensor-controlled automatic climate control system and adaptive drive dynamics which automatically adapt to the driver's personal driving style.

Could this be it guys? If I disable this in Star, wonder if we are not gonna be bothered by the granny setting most of us get setup with due to stop and go traffic and slower driving.

???????????????????????
:nix::nix::nix::nix:

jangy 05-14-2009 06:33 PM

WOW, Jim!! Good post.

zoink 05-14-2009 06:40 PM

Try it try it try ittttttttt :D Worst case scenario you blew your ECU. That's all... no biggie.

If this is the one, I'm going to ask my SA to do it for me....

DFW01E55 05-14-2009 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jakpro1 (Post 3524013)
Okay so messing around with my Star developer edition (it's a code you can enter to get into the hidden part of Star which they use when developing the car)
[I]include the vario-roof, which transforms the Roadster into a watertight Coupé in 16 seconds, the state-of-the-art lightweight body with its aluminium add-on ...

So you can turn it into a submarine through Star?

Yacht Master 05-14-2009 06:41 PM

Fingers crossed....

:bow::bow::bow:

Yacht Master 05-14-2009 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by zoink (Post 3524034)
Try it try it try ittttttttt :D Worst case scenario you blew your ECU. That's all... no biggie.

If this is the one, I'm going to ask my SA to do it for me....

I think he has a half dozen ECUs anyway:rolf:no biggie:rolf:

DFW01E55 05-14-2009 06:47 PM

Jim, if you want to take a conservative approach, call the tech support guys at Auto Enginuity. They're in the final stages of coding an MB data logging package and they might be able to save you an ecu.

CA_E55 05-14-2009 07:00 PM

Before you jump to any conclusions, you should also be aware that the adaptaion default table or map goes both ways - to Granny or Ricer, depending on your driving style.
Arguably you could shoot in your own foot if the default table is less aggressive than the what your car adapted to from your leadfoot antics and you end up with a semi-Granny transmission shift program

Fantasm 05-14-2009 07:09 PM

um,cant you then just re-enable it?? why would this destroy your cpu... jeesh

acb 05-14-2009 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by DFW01E55 (Post 3524037)
So you can turn it into a submarine through Star?

:rolf:

Timeless 05-14-2009 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Fantasm (Post 3524082)
um,cant you then just re-enable it?? why would this destroy your cpu... jeesh

Was wondering the same thing...lol.

miladjuckel 05-14-2009 08:38 PM

I'M FLUENT IN GERMAN!!!!!!! BORN AND RAISED THERE, LET ME KNOW IF I CAN BE OF ANY HELP

Anyway, it's all in German so you gotta go through word by word and try to decode.

Anyway I came to a section where you can make changes to the ECU such as axle ratio and a bunch of different settings and I blew over #194

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/241...micsgerman.jpg

Then I found a list of the boxes in another part of Star but in English and look what it says for 194

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/746...icsenglish.jpg

This is Star Simulator so nevermind the "not present" part. I kinda sat there a bit stunned. Could I really have found the magic button???

Then I typed "Adaptive Drive Dynamics" into Google

include the vario-roof, which transforms the Roadster into a watertight Coupé in 16 seconds, the state-of-the-art lightweight body with its aluminium add-on parts and exemplary aerodynamics, the sensor-controlled automatic climate control system and adaptive drive dynamics which automatically adapt to the driver's personal driving style.

Could this be it guys? If I disable this in Star, wonder if we are not gonna be bothered by the granny setting most of us get setup with due to stop and go traffic and slower driving.

???????????????????????
:nix::nix::nix::nix:

shardul 05-14-2009 09:27 PM

very interesting did you disable it?

jmf003 05-14-2009 10:19 PM

...If I disable this in Star, wonder if we are not gonna be bothered by the granny setting most of us get setup with due to stop and go traffic and slower driving.

Makes sense. Can't think of anything else that function might control. Good sleuthing!!

acb 05-14-2009 10:23 PM

Can you make it talk like K.I.T from Nightrider?

jangy 05-14-2009 10:45 PM

DOOOOOOEEEETTTTTTT!!!!

MB_Forever 05-14-2009 10:55 PM

Oh God, pplllleeeaaaaaaaaaase let this be it. I HATE adaptations; sometimes they make the car feel so sluggish :X

I'm personally glad that the new W212 E63 now has an AMG button to give out max performance all the time.

Common Jim, go for it :D

zoink 05-15-2009 12:36 AM

we're waiting.... tic toc, doc... tic toc. 88 minutes to go. :D

URnext 05-15-2009 01:32 AM

Damn Jim............ You are always up to something, always.:D

E55KOMPRESSED 05-15-2009 10:32 AM

You probably already have done so but maybe a call to Ken?

No need to bake another ecu, don't you have a drink coaster set by now?

OXOJE55 05-15-2009 10:57 AM

:popcorn:

TTMotorsports 05-15-2009 11:20 AM

LOOKS LIKE THE CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG!:naughty:

bobgodd 05-15-2009 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by CA_E55 (Post 3524068)
Before you jump to any conclusions, you should also be aware that the adaptaion default table or map goes both ways - to Granny or Ricer, depending on your driving style.
Arguably you could shoot in your own foot if the default table is less aggressive than the what your car adapted to from your leadfoot antics and you end up with a semi-Granny transmission shift program

I just don't see this being a possibility.

I would imagine clearing out the adaptations would render the car very similar to how it feels after doing the "ecu reset".

VENOMNS 05-15-2009 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by TTMotorsports (Post 3525467)
LOOKS LIKE THE CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG!:naughty:

Looks like TT knows something.... :p:

Oxygen 05-15-2009 01:41 PM

I don't mean to **** on your parade fellas, but I suspect this has nothing to do with what you think it does.

The adaptations are configured and cleared in the EGS (ETC) module, not the ECU (ME-SFI)..

I am pulling my car into the shop right now and will investigate.