MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   Star Diagnostic How To DIY with lots o pics (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/326084-star-diagnostic-how-diy-lots-o-pics.html)

Nait Sirhc 01-12-2010 03:01 AM

I don't see how the foglights can corner. It doesn't look like there's any sort of motor or mechanism for it inside the housing.

Busta Riles 01-12-2010 10:34 AM

I think he means the fogs will work like the new cars do. The fogs don't actually turn.

They are connected to the steering sensor. When you are turning left, the left fog light will come on...etc.

At least i am assuming that's what he means.

Roseylv 01-13-2010 02:29 PM

Does anyone have a Star Diag. connection in the Los Angeles area. I am dying to lower my car and do the -10c mod.

I had a great connection in Nevada although I have yet to find someone whom I am comfortable with here in LA

Any help will be appreciated

beauphus 01-13-2010 11:39 PM

So does the -10 setting replace the need for the PTE thermostat mod or do they go hand in hand??

Nait Sirhc 01-18-2010 01:44 PM

So did anyone ever figure out where you can enable the cornering fog lamps? I can't understand any of the German in that pic, so I need to know precisely which option to enable so I can have my SA do it.

aleksandar1099 01-19-2010 02:36 AM

I am working on getting my star to get developer mode. If anyone knows any tricks to get it, let me know!!!

Ill post up more DIY material once I can get dev mode up and running! I cant even imagine how absolutely amazing it would be if it is actually possible to enable Video in Motion on US cars just by going through star!!!! :D

dpavid 01-28-2010 03:08 AM

in US command Center? Really? LMK.

polly911 01-28-2010 05:59 PM

no sorry not in us models comand but only in us models car with ece model comand.

Alex1 02-04-2010 12:16 PM

4. active cornering fog lights
This is not done in development mode, just go into left and right same into adaptation and turn it on, you have to do both, then verify the setting stayed in both.
5. Seat belt alarm deactivate
This i haven't been able to find yet, i dont mind the light but the chime can be annoying
6. flashing brake light on hard brake\flashing hazards
This is also not in dev mode, its in the rear sam i believe. I have it set in my vehicle but i have yet to slam on the brakes with somebody watching the back of my car. Maybe this weekend Ill do it on the street where I work it gets empty on saturdays.

NSX2NV 02-04-2010 12:41 PM

Does anyone know how to turn off the "Don't Forget Key" chime? It's annoying and when I accidently leave my lights on I always think it's my don't forget key chime.

Alex1 02-04-2010 02:01 PM

another feature i would like but havent had a chance to experiment with is getting the fog lights to run in auto mode. Then we wont have to touch the light switch

Savnole97 02-06-2010 09:25 PM

new to the forum here. just got my e63.
where do you get the star diagnostic tool/software/program?
thanks

Savnole97 02-06-2010 09:28 PM

where do you get this star diagnostic tool?
new to the forum, sorry for the ignorance.

BlackCard 02-07-2010 12:22 PM

how do you know if you have development mode Star?

Originally Posted by Alps (Post 3886176)
VIM is doable, BUT only if you have development mode STAR.

theres a few other things that can be done on the w211

- Flashing brake lights on hard braking (or have flashing blinkers on hard braking)
- cornering foglights

mikej_cls 02-09-2010 03:26 PM

WTF!
I need this in sweden ! .. anyone? :)

Savnole97 02-09-2010 04:27 PM

I had the tech at the MB dealer here in Naples help me out with the lowering. He plugged it in, we played around with it for 30 min., set it. Done. No charge and looks great!
thanks for the info here on the site.

jazz5000 02-09-2010 04:43 PM

Does anyone have information regarding folding mirrors via remote fob?

I contacted steve from mbenznl and this was his response:

versioncoding for the auto folding mirrors is to be found in the instrument cluster,

system diagnose,

leftside door control module

If anyone has a picture guide or more details on this i would appreciate it. Also does anyone know about the ''uk delete mod'' it basically allows you to see fuel in gallons on the display.

Thanks Jazz

jazz5000 02-09-2010 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Alex1 (Post 3924374)
4. active cornering fog lights
This is not done in development mode, just go into left and right same into adaptation and turn it on, you have to do both, then verify the setting stayed in both.

6. flashing brake light on hard brake\flashing hazards
This is also not in dev mode, its in the rear sam i believe. I have it set in my vehicle but i have yet to slam on the brakes with somebody watching the back of my car. Maybe this weekend Ill do it on the street where I work it gets empty on saturdays.

Hi could you ellobarate a little more on what you mean please as i want to give this a try but i was hoping you could give a little more details please

Thanks Jazz

edit: i read your post wrong '' just go into left and right same '' I suppose you mean sam, Clears things up a bit

andy_meng1024 02-09-2010 07:25 PM

Anyone knows or has access to SDS in Chicago/Milwaukee area? I'm willing to drive over to have these mods done. :)

Alex1 02-10-2010 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by jazz5000 (Post 3931850)
Hi could you ellobarate a little more on what you mean please as i want to give this a try but i was hoping you could give a little more details please

Thanks Jazz

edit: i read your post wrong '' just go into left and right same '' I suppose you mean sam, Clears things up a bit

exactly sorry I typed it in a hurry and didn't proof read.

Does anyone know how to turn off the "Don't Forget Key" chime? It's annoying and when I accidently leave my lights on I always think it's my don't forget key chime.
The forgot key one I'm 90% sure its possible I vaguely remember doing it for someone with keyless go a year or so ago. Weather here sucks so not working today. If its not too cold and I'm not too lazy Ill take the system home this weekend and mess with my car.

nphra 02-20-2010 12:51 PM

Ok, what program are you guys using and where do you connect to ?
and cable you use..?

Road Racer 02-22-2010 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Alex1 (Post 3933040)
exactly sorry I typed it in a hurry and didn't proof read.

The forgot key one I'm 90% sure its possible I vaguely remember doing it for someone with keyless go a year or so ago. Weather here sucks so not working today. If its not too cold and I'm not too lazy Ill take the system home this weekend and mess with my car.

Im also trying to look to eliminate this anoying beeping of the "dont forget key" message.
Hope you can tell us how to erase it some day

BlackCard 02-24-2010 07:57 AM

Couple of tips to keep in mind when your setting your ride height.

1) Start your car, hit the raise button, wait 2 min, hit the raise(lower) button again to settle you car.

2) When you go into your Initial Setup Screen, have your computer outside your car with wires running through your open window. You probably don't have a Romess meter, but you can quickly measure the front wheels and rear wheels to make sure they are at matching height or close as possible while pressing (+/-) raising/lowering your car by each wheel. I measured from ground to fender. It really doesnt matter if your lowest or highest at this point, just make sure your fronts and your rears are close as possible from left to right.

3) Then press F2 when you within the listed specs and enter your Angles: i.e. 3.2 Front and -1.2 Rear worked great on my CLS55 This set my height at 26.25" front and 26.5" rear.

4) exit out of the DAS, disconnect cables.

5) Turn off your ign switch and remove key. then turn your car back on, and follow Step 1. Your settings will take place as long as your car's initial angles were in spec.

aleksandar1099 02-26-2010 05:10 AM

Sorry! Have been away for a while! If anyone still has the info on the developer mode please let me know!!!

I will look for the "Dont forget key" and other dev mode mods when I get it!!!

Thanks
Aleks

theeddie 02-26-2010 03:28 PM

where is the best place to buy the star program