MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   Star Diagnostic How To DIY with lots o pics (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/326084-star-diagnostic-how-diy-lots-o-pics.html)

SICAMG 03-04-2019 06:39 PM

I screwed up. I would do it and then drive the car getting it up to temp when it was not up to temp to start with. It is so cold here..25 degrees and I do everything in the garage , than go for a ride. My screw up! Thanks for the insight though.

swapshop 03-04-2019 09:47 PM

where do you purchase this software? thanks!

Mackhack 03-04-2019 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by swapshop (Post 7697429)
where do you purchase this software? thanks!

I have complete systems if you're interested, PM me.

Vincebert 03-08-2019 05:00 AM

I installed Code 890 (Pneumatic Rear Door) into my W211 Station wagon. Now I cant find the N121 (control unit for peumatic) with Xentry. I have to add it with Xentry into the my System but how and where? The N111 knows the new option and the cluster too but its show nothing into the cluster wen I will use the garage door opening level for the rear hatch. It seem that the units dont know that they have that featcher now. If I look with Xentry into the SAM fond, the N121 dont show up. the Can-wires high/low are all connetet into SAM fond from N121.

retna7 03-11-2019 02:51 AM

My MB STAR C4 gives me a 2173-11 fault in Xentry. Does anyone know what that is and how to fix it?

Mackhack 03-11-2019 11:56 AM

I can fix it.

Austin2014 03-11-2019 09:35 PM

Solution to Xentry error [2173-11]:
F:\Programm\Xentry\bin
GlobalSystemSettings_install.properties
DAS config settings
path2DASContextFile=$DAS_TEMP_DIR replaece to

path2DASContextFile=F:\\userdata\\DAShttps://*******.com/images/lina/fing32.gif
DAS config settings

Mackhack 03-11-2019 09:53 PM

That ain’t help him. It’s the old SD system on XP basis and that error is not covered on any forums.

retna7 03-12-2019 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Austin2014 (Post 7703099)
Solution to Xentry error [2173-11]:
DAS config settings

DAS config settings

Hey Thanks for the information,

Xentry version:
03/2018 Release
1.3.4.1 CAESAR
8.14.12 Softing

Here are my current settings...
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...eb21bea75a.jpg
Current Settings

Mackhack 03-12-2019 12:56 AM

The settings are not there if you look closely. I told you it’s not a simple fix. Sorry.

wanderlust360 03-12-2019 01:29 PM

Any luck with activating this feature on a non TPMS equipped vehicle?

Originally Posted by DVC (Post 5428435)
Can anyone confirm there's a tire pressure warning you can activate with STAR on non-TPMS equipped cars?

Originally Posted by DVC (Post 5428435)

"Tire Pressure Loss Warner can be activated through stardiagnose on any 2006 W211...no parts needed, it gets it's reading off ESP - just some version coding - no reading of airpressure in the IC, just a warning when the pressure of one of the tires drops too much.

Tire Pressure Monitor System is the more active system that has its own control module, 4 antennas, 4 senders and pressure readings in the instrument cluster...this can be retrofitted in any W211 and costs approx 2000USD to do so"

SICAMG 03-20-2019 05:58 PM

Just ran into an odd issue. When trying to establish communication with STAR it will say at some pont -- No cumunication with multiplexer circut 30 voltage fault -- All circuts good and I can link with a scanner , data looger and OBD gauge. I sort of remember this years back but don't remember what I did. Any ideas??

Mackhack 03-20-2019 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by SICAMG (Post 7710590)
Just ran into an odd issue. When trying to establish communication with STAR it will say at some pont -- No cumunication with multiplexer circut 30 voltage fault -- All circuts good and I can link with a scanner , data looger and OBD gauge. I sort of remember this years back but don't remember what I did. Any ideas??

Bad Chinese mux or cable or setting. Hard to tell. Could be anything.

SICAMG 03-21-2019 09:04 PM

I am not sure what this unit is. I can pull some numbers off it but it is probably a Chinese unit, I will look tonight..
It was working perfect the night before and all I did was go on the simulator to look around....who knows what happened.

Mackhack 03-21-2019 09:06 PM

That’s not what I meant. Is it a PartD or SDconnect?

Polar Bear 03-21-2019 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by wanderlust360 (Post 7703626)
Any luck with activating this feature on a non TPMS equipped vehicle?

Yes, it can be activated. It is mandated on US vehicles around that model year, so if it is a US vehicle not equipped with the Mid/High-Line TPMS, it should have this activated automatically. If not, you will need to code it manually.

Polar Bear 03-21-2019 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by retna7 (Post 7703212)
Hey Thanks for the information,

Xentry version:
03/2018 Release
1.3.4.1 CAESAR
8.14.12 Softing

Here are my current settings...
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...eb21bea75a.jpg
Current Settings

You are running Windows 10 x86 and the paths above were taken from a Star Diagnosis machine based on the Windows XP platform, so they would not be valid on your OpenShell installation.

dacia 03-25-2019 10:17 PM

My car, in Japan, has a back up warning "feature" where it chimes incessantly as long as the transmission is in reverse.
Does anyone know where I could disable this "feature" using Xentry?

Also, I had a cable harness installed behind the COMAND that enabled me to close all the windows, sunroof and the lift back, I have a station wagon, with one push of a close button on the key fob (didn't need to hold the button until everything closed).
I had to remove the cable harness so I'd like to enable this function via Xentry.
Could anyone offer some advice?
Thanks.

Mackhack 03-25-2019 10:20 PM

The chime cannot be disabled. I have done the following for customers: remove the cables from the buzzer, measure internal resistance, look up a resistor with equal resistance and solder it on the harness to avoid faults to be stored.

The second question I didn’t understand what you want but why a switch? Flash your car with the proper firmware and you can open and close the rear gate with your key FOB.

dacia 03-25-2019 10:41 PM

Thanks Mackhack.

I though that chime only sounded in Japanese spec cars, not in the US.

When I had the cable harness installed I could just press the close button once and walk away from the car, everything closed automatically, windows, sunroof and lift gate, if it was open (I have a power lift gate). Of course the car doors also locked.
The same in reverse as well, I pressed the open button twice and all the windows and sunroof fully opened, not the lift gate of course.
Normally we have to keep pressing the close button to close everything or the open button to open everything.

How about disabling the ECO On/Off button?
That's possible with Xentry, correct?

If I flash the firmware do I need SCN coding?

Mackhack 03-25-2019 10:50 PM

No SCN needed or that. Just the right flash files and knowing what settings need to be changed.

I did the buzzer mod on a German station wagon last year in Germany.

dacia 03-25-2019 11:08 PM

Thanks. I guess I will have to live with the buzzer.
I will try to find the flash files for Vediamo.

drothgeb 04-17-2019 12:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, maybe this will be helpful to some other folks as well. While playing around in the ME developer mode options (normally in german), I downloaded all my settings, and to my surprise all the dev mode variant code options showed up in english. So I PDFed the page and now I've got this little gem. Made it very easy to navigate the german dev mode nonsense for the ECU at least.

maxusa 04-17-2019 12:41 PM

I am considering buying a STAR diag system. I have a Dell D630 (M2300) laying around. What are my best options? This will be used primarily on a 2009 E63. Specifically, I am going to replace headlights (transfer buffered data), want to program NTG2.5 to enable backup camera, maintain AIRMATIC, and perhaps, other mods. I think I will need the Developer mode. Any guidance is appreciated.

Mackhack 04-17-2019 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by maxusa (Post 7734346)
I am considering buying a STAR diag system. I have a Dell D630 (M2300) laying around. What are my best options? This will be used primarily on a 2009 E63. Specifically, I am going to replace headlights (transfer buffered data), want to program NTG2.5 to enable backup camera, maintain AIRMATIC, and perhaps, other mods. I think I will need the Developer mode. Any guidance is appreciated.

Send me a PM.