MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   Lowered e55s - step in please. Quick Question (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/333355-lowered-e55s-step-please-quick-question.html)

AWOL 01-10-2010 11:18 PM

Lowered e55s - step in please. Quick Question

Well, my car is lowered via washer/dremel method. Ride height is exactly what I want (when im solo).

Now, when I have my car with 4 people in it, and I park it, it sits about 1 inch higher than its lowest setting. I do not get any warning that its too low on the dash or anything.

Why does that do that, and, would this happen even with adjustable lowering links? I see e55s out there lower than mine and was just curious if this phenomenon is only associated with the washer method.

Thanks

tbone 01-10-2010 11:21 PM

it's the self-levelling mechanism. It should go back to normal height after a little time. Mine does the same.

AWOL 01-10-2010 11:24 PM

Oh, I know it goes back down, just was wondering why it decided it was too low when i see other slammed e55s out there

tbone 01-10-2010 11:36 PM

I guess I don't understand what you're asking. Is your concern that your car sits higher after having 4 people in it? Or is your concern that your car is too low?

evoklr 01-10-2010 11:45 PM

The suspension just raised up to compensate for the weight of 4 people, so when you park and shut the car off it is 1 inch higher. Start it with no one in it and the car will settle back to its original lowest position.

AWOL 01-11-2010 12:01 AM

Basically my original question is answered.

But it leads to a second question: how are people so low using adjustable links if the car will try to compensate.

kjlindgr 01-11-2010 12:08 AM

The links trick the sensor into thinking the car is higher than it is...so it lowers to "compensate".

AWOL 01-11-2010 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by kjlindgr (Post 3889488)
The links trick the sensor into thinking the car is higher than it is...so it lowers to "compensate".

right... I get that.

how does it not raise itself up then if its lower than my car with 4 people in it.

Basically, I want my car to stay the height its at at all times, and to not raise itself when for some reason theres more weight in it. Why cant it just sit a half inch lower when its loaded up.

ssonss1 01-11-2010 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by AWOL (Post 3889497)
right... I get that.

how does it not raise itself up then if its lower than my car with 4 people in it.

Basically, I want my car to stay the height its at at all times, and to not raise itself when for some reason theres more weight in it. Why cant it just sit a half inch lower when its loaded up.

your car will always be at the same height while driving, whether you have 1 person in it or 5. The only time it will be higher than your setting is when you take weight out of the car, if you drive a foot it will drop back down. Or you can hit the raise button once everyone gets out then lower again. It will go back to the low setting. Hope that made sense and answered your question.:y

Lopes80 01-11-2010 06:36 AM

I have had links on for the last year, I could not be happier. Yes sometimes it looks higher, that's normally when I just been driving on a bad road, apart from that its always more or less the same height.

Paul