Sponsored by:

WTB AMG Flat Hood Badge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, 911 Carrera, CLK350 Cab, Expedition - kid mover & huntin' truck
WTB AMG Flat Hood Badge

Does anyone have or know a source for the AMG flat hood badges (the tree one) that are the higher quality versions with surface relief rather than the smooth plastic sticker on top of the disk? I've seen them on cars but haven't found a source. Picture is what I don't want...[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/LENGERS/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails WTB AMG Flat Hood Badge-amg.jpg  
Old 02-07-2010, 02:22 PM

A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by Scott Lenger
Does anyone have or know a source for the AMG flat hood badges (the tree one) that are the higher quality versions with surface relief rather than the smooth plastic sticker on top of the disk? I've seen them on cars but haven't found a source. Picture is what I don't want...[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/LENGERS/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
Yea do a search for Mario's AMG badge, he makes the better one I have seen but it cost $140-150. A thread will come up and it should have his email in there. I have it somewhere I just can't get to it right now.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Yeah, Mario. I have one and it's high quality. Do a search for "Mario flat badge" (I don't have his contact info handy at the moment, either.) Some people have commented that the colors (it's enamel) tend to fade. I put Poorboys EX-P protector sealant on it and it's held up well in bright CA sun. http://www.poorboysworld.com/index.html
Old 02-08-2010, 10:38 PM

E55, 911 Carrera, CLK350 Cab, Expedition - kid mover & huntin' truck
Thanks! I emailed Mario for info on his badge and will either go that route or perhaps get one from DFW Dude as his mounting looks like high quality....or maybe back to the gunsight star. Definitely need to replace the cheapo badge I have now though.