W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They jacked me, thiefs beware, I got prints.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S63 AMG, E55 AMG,C Class AMG CLK55 AMG, Jeep Rubicon
Angry They jacked me, thiefs beware, I got prints.

So, after spending all weekend last week removing my front bumper, installing new HID fog lights and ballasts, fixing all tabs grills and every little part I was missing on my bumper, as well as painting the bumper to get rid of all chips/defects,
F**kers, jacked me in my own driveway during the day. I left the house for 1 hour and came back to see my front end destroyed.

We were able to lift 3 prints off the bumper, hopefully they are not my prints, we will see.

They got my corner lamps, new fogs and ballasts, all three lower grills, and in the process they broke all mounting tabs on bumper for fogs, scratched my entire bumper up, and broke my front parking sensors somehow.

So it looks like I might be doing a E63 front conversion after insurance pays out.

1st Question: does anyone know if I can keep my rear parking sensors and keep the system working without the front sensors?

it seems the break on my front sensor is keeping my entire system from working currently.

I really like the rear sensors, and would like to make them work even if I get rid of the fronts.

2nd Question: Also, has anyone been able to convert an E63 front and actually make the existing sensors work, or can I buy and E63 front parking sensors and bumper and hook them into my existing parking system?

I know people have recommended not doing it, but if I can get insurance to pay for an entire front harness and sensors, I mine as well if it will work with the current e55 parking system.

Thanks for any help on this. I am so pissed.

Last edited by jkintegra; 04-30-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E63, 2010 SRX Turbo, 2010 Escalade EXT
I'll bet those parts show up on your local Craig's list soon.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by smiley47
I'll bet those parts show up on your local Craig's list soon.

I check every day. Lets hope, so I can unleash my new little concealed friend.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:40 PM

2004 E55
wow...sorry to hear this bud. gluck with catching them. nothing burns me more than having something stolen from me. nothing.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by jkintegra
So, after spending all weekend last week removing my front bumper, installing new HID fog lights and ballasts, fixing all tabs grills and every little part I was missing on my bumper, as well as painting the bumper to get rid of all chips/defects,
F**kers, jacked me in my own driveway during the day. I left the house for 1 hour and came back to see my front end destroyed.

We were able to lift 3 prints off the bumper, hopefully they are not my prints, we will see.

They got my corner lamps, new fogs and ballasts, all three lower grills, and in the process they broke all mounting tabs on bumper for fogs, scratched my entire bumper up, and broke my front parking sensors somehow.

So it looks like I might be doing a E63 front conversion after insurance pays out.

1st Question: does anyone know if I can keep my rear parking sensors and keep the system working without the front sensors?

it seems the break on my front sensor is keeping my entire system from working currently.

I really like the rear sensors, and would like to make them work even if I get rid of the fronts.

2nd Question: Also, has anyone been able to convert an E63 front and actually make the existing sensors work, or can I buy and E63 front parking sensors and bumper and hook them into my existing parking system?

I know people have recommended not doing it, but if I can get insurance to pay for an entire front harness and sensors, I mine as well if it will work with the current e55 parking system.

Thanks for any help on this. I am so pissed.

And I already have my part list thanks to kompressed55 Thank you kompressed.
Contact steve @ MBenzNL (www.mbenznl.com) - I contacted him about doing an E63 conversion and he actually has all the parts already converted ready to ship. I think your car is an '03 so I'm not sure if that will complicate things. He is the OEM guru and knows exactly what it takes.

-m
Old 04-30-2010, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
1 hour? Neighbor or acquaintance perhaps? No such thing as coincidence, someone was watching you.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:03 PM

2008 E63, 2010 SRX Turbo, 2010 Escalade EXT
A friend of mine had some horse saddles, etc, stolen a while back. He had a friend advertise for one of the unique items on Craig's list. The guy had a call within days. They met the bad guy in a Walmart parking lot and got some sweet revenge.

But I do agree that it sounds like an inside job if you were only gone one hour.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BBS LM's 18's + Kics
Craigslist
Old 04-30-2010, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 539 Likes on 358 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Neighbors kids, no doubt. You should leave more stuff out and perforate them when they step on your grass. Castle Doctrine FTW.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Contact steve @ MBenzNL (www.mbenznl.com) - I contacted him about doing an E63 conversion and he actually has all the parts already converted ready to ship. I think your car is an '03 so I'm not sure if that will complicate things. He is the OEM guru and knows exactly what it takes.

-m
+1 Steve is the man for the job, I'm confident he can make it work.

Sorry to hear about what happened and hopefully you catch these guys
Old 04-30-2010, 03:16 PM

Thanks Marcus, I will do for sure.
Just had MB price out my 03 stock parts, and we are at $3300 at the insurance prices. I am going today to get paint and labor quotes to add on.
Looks like the conversion is a sure thing. Hopefully my 03 won't cause me more issues with the conversion

-m
Just had MB price out my 03 stock parts, and we are at $3300 at the insurance prices. I am going today to get paint and labor quotes to add on.
Looks like the conversion is a sure thing. Hopefully my 03 won't cause me more issues with the conversion

Originally Posted by pearlpower
1 hour? Neighbor or acquaintance perhaps? No such thing as coincidence, someone was watching you.
I think definitely neighbors down street. I don't have any enemies that I know of. Probably some kids, who knows.

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Neighbors kids, no doubt. You should leave more stuff out and perforate them when they step on your grass. Castle Doctrine FTW.
Funny, and you know what, i hope it was some kids just doing what teens do, I know I did some stuff back when I was young before I believed in KARMA. If it was, Ill let them slide.

But if it is some punk older than 18 that has prints in the system already, I just hope the cops reel him in before i find out who it was. I love revenge.

My grandmother always told me. "Dont get mad, Get even" I live by it.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
WOW!!! Wtf, that is really low....

Good luck getting everything back together! If you need any help let me know!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211 E55 AMG, W211 E320, R170 350, E46 325ci, NSX, EF8 Crx, CF R6
I hate hearing about worthless thiefs that steal from people that work hard to get what they want. Such a sad world we live in. Good Luck with your car!! +1 on contacting Steve. He is great to deal with!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:26 PM

06 E55 Blaq on Blaq
Dam man, I'm really sorry this happened to you. F***in' thieves and child molesters, they can all burn in hell. Only good thing about is that it looks the conversion is a done deal. Good Luck!
Old 04-30-2010, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
You can't just buy the parts from MB, they won't work. Trust me on this. You don't want to go through the hassle of trying to figure out the parking sensors after the fact... get them right from the start... Steve quoted me a very reasonable price and if anyone can provide parts that will work, he can.

-m
Old 04-30-2010, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3
Sorry man that really sucks. Unreal how low people will stoop anymore.

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Hahaha...funny stuff right here!!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Shiat that sux! I have had so many things stolen before out of my driveway and garage including several go-peds and other parts. It is ridiculous how you cannot trust anybody anymore. I would bet though it was not your neighbors but random people driving around looking to steal stuff; in Arizona it seems a lot of illegal immigrants do that kind of thing.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Good luck if you go with that E63 conversion, it will look great.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:34 PM

You can't just buy the parts from MB, they won't work. Trust me on this. You don't want to go through the hassle of trying to figure out the parking sensors after the fact... get them right from the start... Steve quoted me a very reasonable price and if anyone can provide parts that will work, he can.

-m
Ill be sure to get his advice. Thanks.
Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
WOW!!! Wtf, that is really low....

Good luck getting everything back together! If you need any help let me know!!!
Appreciate it, love the signature pic

Originally Posted by BenzHawaii
I hate hearing about worthless thiefs that steal from people that work hard to get what they want. Such a sad world we live in. Good Luck with your car!! +1 on contacting Steve. He is great to deal with!
Will do

Originally Posted by GedaBlaq
Dam man, I'm really sorry this happened to you. F***in' thieves and child molesters, they can all burn in hell. Only good thing about is that it looks the conversion is a done deal. Good Luck!
Originally Posted by mikey33
Good luck if you go with that E63 conversion, it will look great.
Yes and I agree.

Anyone else with any conversion or parktronic advice, thank you in advance.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG Arctic w/ Stage 1 Tune, DoubleXX pipe, MCD-631X coming soon
wow...really sorry to hear about that, total BS.. time to get a gun.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:29 PM

2007 E63, 2006 C55
RE: Thieves

Really sounds like an inside job, they were watching you.

Best of luck getting things back in order.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:42 AM

---
Originally Posted by NCE500
Really sounds like an inside job, they were watching you.

Best of luck getting things back in order.

+1 In ya own driveway? For sure they were watching you. Good luck with the fix.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I do not know where you guys are from, but in Arizona I would definitely say it is not an "inside job." All kinds of thieves just drive around looking for open garages or things left outside and they steal them, and even if you live in a upscale neighborhood.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:03 AM
Esh

E55
So you're saying on an E55 AMG they tugged and jacked your front bumper only to steal a couple fog lights and the lower grill?

Did you install them in your driveway or in a garage?

That's awful!
Old 05-04-2010, 01:51 AM

e55
i have e55 parking sensors in an e63 bumper. Each sensor is epoxied in the bumper. they have been working perfect for a while now

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: They jacked me, thiefs beware, I got prints.