MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   Is now a good time to buy an 07 E63? (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/357441-now-good-time-buy-07-e63.html)

chenry 07-01-2010 12:59 PM

Is now a good time to buy an 07 E63?

In the market for a low mile (30's or under) E63 - I am aware of the W212 the new bi-turbo engine thats coming etc (not that that really has much to do with my question)

I am seeing cars in the mid 40's with the miles I am looking for etc...and there seems to be a good number out there - I imagine this has something to do with 3 year leases coming up.

All that aside is there a reason to wait any longer - I mean how much lower do you think these cars will be in a year.

ps - any reason not to be considering an 07 E63 (hope not)

Thanks in advance

Faast 07-01-2010 01:27 PM

Wait 2 years and you should be able to pick one up for mid to high 30's and if you waited another year then you might even be able to pick up a W212 E63 for mid to high 40's :D

citylightva 07-01-2010 01:43 PM

Mid 40's isn't bad...Would you really want to wait 2 years to avoid 8,000 in depreciation.?? Any car is going to depreciate no matter what and you've already missed the biggest part...It smooths out a lot after the first 2-3 years. The only issue I would say anything about would be warranty. Either thru MB or aftermarket you probably don't want to start out without one. Happy Hunting..!!

chenry 07-01-2010 01:57 PM

oh im not waiting - maybe I should have been more clear - just a matter of whether or not people feel its a good value - seems like a hell of a good price to me - just was looking for others opinions

Thanks for the feedback on the warranty - I'll probably end up with a CPO car still under warranty and put an MB extended warranty on top of that - thats what we did on our wagon and it worked out well

gonzales25 07-01-2010 02:45 PM

NOW is a good time to pick up a E63 they are amazing!!!

MB_Forever 07-01-2010 02:55 PM

The AMG model lineup is forever depreciating, so the longer you wait, the more they'll depreciate. I think the best time to buy is right when the W212 E63 twin turbo comes out. They'll be a lot of demand for that and people will want to get out of the W211 E63 and W212 naturally aspirated 63, which will cause the value to sink even lower.

Oh and warranty is a MUST :zoom:

Jakpro1 07-01-2010 03:01 PM

The AMG model lineup is forever depreciating, so the longer you wait, the more they'll depreciate. I think the best time to buy is right when the W212 E63 twin turbo comes out. They'll be a lot of demand for that and people will want to get out of the W211 E63 and W212 naturally aspirated 63, which will cause the value to sink even lower.

Oh and warranty is a MUST
+1 on Mo. It's a good time to buy and good value but ultimate will be when the TT hits the dealers.

63 is a great car and the BEST sounding AMG ever IMO.

Maddic 07-01-2010 03:32 PM

So, I would guesstimate the time when the E63 W/ TT hits the showroom is at least one year away from now...:y

VCA_AMG 07-01-2010 04:22 PM

ANY TIME is a good time to pick up an 07 E63 :zoom:

chenry 07-01-2010 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by mugatu22 (Post 4142668)
ANY TIME is a good time to pick up an 07 E63 :zoom:

kinda what I was thinking but had to put the question out there

LSonDubz 07-01-2010 05:50 PM

wait until the new engine comes out and e55's will be in the 20's and e63's will be in the 30's, thats why im waiting

MTV8 07-01-2010 10:49 PM

I agree that there should be a dip in price after the new engine is available. I was more concerned with the potential of a new larger displacement NA engine when I got mine. The new car will be a different driving experience.

citylightva 07-01-2010 10:56 PM

I agree with everyone on the dip, but that's a little ways off. With everyone babbling double dip recession right now it seems consumers are letting these kinds of things sit longer on the lots. It's probably a good time to negotiate prices..?? Meh who knows. Depreciation on mine hasn't been bad. Even at the low end I still have my down payment in it....

VinceB 07-01-2010 11:17 PM

Buy now, why wait? I just bought a couple of weeks ago... simply amazing.

Haven't put many miles on it but ear to ear grin whenever you put your foot into it. It exudes confidence on the twisty roads with some nice sweeper turns. Shouldn't have waited as long as I did - actually, take your time and find what you want. I didn't find any CPO for that price level but I feel it's worth it to spend a bit more if you find what you want.

220S 07-01-2010 11:22 PM

Best time to buy an E63 is when you want one.

Otherwise you're just sitting around without one, wishing you had one.

NCE500 07-01-2010 11:24 PM

RE: 07 E63

My 07 E63 is the most reliable Benz I have owned, and is a blast to drive. No reason not to buy an 07 other than if it is out of warranty.

There will likely be some price drop when the TT engine arrives, but the W212 E63 is not selling particularly well, at least in my neck of the woods, likely due to the economy and the fact that 3 year old models are currently trading at 50% (or less) of MSRP.

W211 E63 selection is good this Summer, be picky.

Yuille36 07-02-2010 09:10 AM

I think that it's a good time to buy an E63, if your not worried about the TT 5.5! We should see that engine in the E Class within the next two years. It's coming in the 2011 S63, then probably the CL,SL then trickle down to the E Class in 2012. But only Mercedes knows for sure, but there is alot of speculation. But the E63s coming of lease are a great value, with low miles, and still under warranty. The biggest headache with AMG's would be getting them under a warrranty after the factory warrarnty has expired. it's best to add an extended warrarnty while the factory is still valid. Trust me, you do not want a un-warranteed AMG. Because they can be extremely expensive to repair, and you might need a stimulus package to help out. These cars are loaded with electronic gizmo's, air suspensions, and that seems to be the first problem, not usually the engine or tranny. I've had both rear airmatic struts replaced under warranty. Could imagine how much it would have been without one. So go get that E63, and enjoy yourself. And welcome to the AMG fraternity.

Meeyatch1 07-02-2010 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by 220S (Post 4143158)
Best time to buy an E63 is when you want one.

Otherwise you're just sitting around without one, wishing you had one.

Exactly!!

Sure, I probably could have waited longer and found one at a lower price, but I liked the car, wanted to buy it, and could afford to do so, so I did.

The bottom line is that almost anything short of a collector car will get cheaper if you wait longer. Hell!! Wait 10 years!! You will be able to get one in the upper teens probably!!

Buying one soon allows you to get one with warranty, which is huge. Also, you get to be the one putting the lions share of the mileage on it. Plus, I am a big believer in trying to enjoy life to the fullest. Nobody is promised to be here even one minute longer than they are, so enjoy the time you are given. I know I sure am glad I have this E63. It is an amazingly fun car to drive and own. :y :zoom:

MBNUT1 07-02-2010 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Yuille36 (Post 4143542)
I think that it's a good time to buy an E63, if your not worried about the TT 5.5! We should see that engine in the E Class within the next two years. It's coming in the 2011 S63, then probably the CL,SL then trickle down to the E Class in 2012. But only Mercedes knows for sure, but there is alot of speculation. But the E63s coming of lease are a great value, with low miles, and still under warranty. The biggest headache with AMG's would be getting them under a warrranty after the factory warrarnty has expired. it's best to add an extended warrarnty while the factory is still valid. Trust me, you do not want a un-warranteed AMG. Because they can be extremely expensive to repair, and you might need a stimulus package to help out. These cars are loaded with electronic gizmo's, air suspensions, and that seems to be the first problem, not usually the engine or tranny. I've had both rear airmatic struts replaced under warranty. Could imagine how much it would have been without one. So go get that E63, and enjoy yourself. And welcome to the AMG fraternity.

What would be a fair price for one out of warranty or because of the potentially expensive repairs are they essentially worthless.

citylightva 07-02-2010 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by MBNUT1 (Post 4143615)
What would be a fair price for one out of warranty or because of the potentially expensive repairs are they essentially worthless.

They aren't worthless, as a lot of the repairs can be done by indy shops for less than the dealer (still pricey but a little less). Not having seen many out of warranty or any reviews on how well they are fairing at higher miles, I have no idea. I've had both rear air springs replaced like Yuille, among other things, which almost makes me think my car is pretty solid now..? I haven't had any real issues in the last 5K at all. Actually those and my intake gasket have been the only real issues I've had. Some other minor stuff that probably would have cost more than I want to know, but also stuff you wouldn't even really notice for a while. Took me forever to realize my rear sunshade wasn't working since I rarely use it.

citylightva 07-02-2010 10:43 AM

Out of warranty already would mean over 50K so probably high 30's...

gonzales25 07-02-2010 12:33 PM

Another reason I love the 63's is the sound of the engine. I finally got my E63 exhaust were it sounds awesome!! Deleted the 2nd cats replaced with a Magnaflow x pipe, deleted resonator and put 3in pipe to connect everything. These high compression N/A engines really sound nice when you step on the gas :zoom: