RTH: Serpentine Belt Tensioner Part #

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
E55
RTH: Serpentine Belt Tensioner Part #

I need to find a tensioner pulley today so I can get back on the road. Quite a few places are selling the entire assembly but I just need the pulley.

Anybody have a part # for just that piece? I plan on ordering the ASP but it's sunday and nobody is shipping today.

Thanks

Last edited by 2000UZJ; 12-28-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2005- E55, 2007 GL450, 94 B3000
Wish I would have seen this earlier...I have a pulley sitting in the garage.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by 211.070
Wish I would have seen this earlier...I have a pulley sitting in the garage.
No worries. She on a flat bed going to BIP. Getting a few items installed
Old 12-29-2014, 01:45 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Benz
Originally Posted by 2000UZJ
I need to find a tensioner pulley today so I can get back on the road. Quite a few places are selling the entire assembly but I just need the pulley.

Anybody have a part # for just that piece? I plan on ordering the ASP but it's sunday and nobody is shipping today.

Thanks
Also think twice about just putting the pulley on the old tensioner wether it be aftermarket or stock pulley. The tensioners themselves start failing. And I'm not meaning there spring tension but the fact where the jointed, the belts start riding on the outside edge of the pulleys due to them becoming worn causing your belts edge to get worn, susceptible to belt chirp, and belt coming off.

Also not for nothing, I know your cars fusterating you as of late. I read your other post, but don't let it wear you out. Also these pulleys make noise and show signs of failure before they do almost always if your familar with these cars. They'll generally whine or make a low grumbling noise, best thing to do is every oil change miles just pull the belt loose and spin them by hand and you'll know where they stand. Possibly the pulley may have been making noise ever since you got the car and never knew it was on its way out. I would think though if your crank pulley was just swapped out you'd check the other pulleys at that time and I'm sure it was probably showing clear signs of bearing failure then.

Again keep at it! These cars a beasts and IMO if your capable of some wrenching there basic and easy to work on.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by 1ForcedBenz
Also think twice about just putting the pulley on the old tensioner wether it be aftermarket or stock pulley. The tensioners themselves start failing. And I'm not meaning there spring tension but the fact where the jointed, the belts start riding on the outside edge of the pulleys due to them becoming worn causing your belts edge to get worn, susceptible to belt chirp, and belt coming off.

Also not for nothing, I know your cars fusterating you as of late. I read your other post, but don't let it wear you out. Also these pulleys make noise and show signs of failure before they do almost always if your familar with these cars. They'll generally whine or make a low grumbling noise, best thing to do is every oil change miles just pull the belt loose and spin them by hand and you'll know where they stand. Possibly the pulley may have been making noise ever since you got the car and never knew it was on its way out. I would think though if your crank pulley was just swapped out you'd check the other pulleys at that time and I'm sure it was probably showing clear signs of bearing failure then.

Again keep at it! These cars a beasts and IMO if your capable of some wrenching there basic and easy to work on.
**** happens. I realized it was a plastic pulley on a supercharged V8 that lasted 88,000 miles and 11 years. It happens. Just recently a lot of stuff has been on it's way out. I wrench constantly on it. I enjoy doing it. BIP ordered a new tensioner and belt (again). This is my 9th belt I have replaced in 7 months . I pray this is the end of these small $200 failures. I am back to the stock crank pulley, stock tune, stock belts, everything. Once she proves herself I'll start adding the power back on, but for now. The M5 is the power machine!

I probably should not be *****ing...I'm the retard that bought a 10 year old German car thinking it would be reliable haha.

Last edited by 2000UZJ; 12-29-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:58 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Benz
Originally Posted by 2000UZJ
**** happens. I realized it was a plastic pulley on a supercharged V8 that lasted 88,000 miles and 11 years. It happens. Just recently a lot of stuff has been on it's way out. I wrench constantly on it. I enjoy doing it. BIP ordered a new tensioner and belt (again). This is my 9th belt I have replaced in 7 months . I pray this is the end of these small $200 failures. I am back to the stock crank pulley, stock tune, stock belts, everything. Once she proves herself I'll start adding the power back on, but for now. The M5 is the power machine!

I probably should not be *****ing...I'm the retard that bought a 10 year old German car thinking it would be reliable haha.
You've always come across and sound like a nice guy and hope it's the end of the trials and turbulations for you with the Merc! And glad you get your hands in there and do some wrenching, because once you do there's nothing that becomes a deal breaker at that point. Parts I feel are more reasonable recently then they have ever been prior for the w211 and 55k motors, so besides it being a nuisance at times its reasonable to keep going! Best of luck and dollar for dollar it's a 4 door hammer that cant be beat.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by 1ForcedBenz
You've always come across and sound like a nice guy and hope it's the end of the trials and turbulations for you with the Merc! And glad you get your hands in there and do some wrenching, because once you do there's nothing that becomes a deal breaker at that point. Parts I feel are more reasonable recently then they have ever been prior for the w211 and 55k motors, so besides it being a nuisance at times its reasonable to keep going! Best of luck and dollar for dollar it's a 4 door hammer that cant be beat.
The thing I enjoy most about the 55K motors is that nothing is really "special" except for the supercharger parts. I can go to just about any auto parts store and get parts for it (most likely instock too!). I too hope that this is the end of the trials with my car. I would love to be able to mash the skinny pedal and hang on with a smile. Soon