MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   Rolling down the windows with the key? (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/403158-rolling-down-windows-key.html)

lawguy 06-05-2011 02:46 PM

Rolling down the windows with the key?

Is there a way to get the windows to roll down using the keyfob? I searched and didnt come up with anything. Would be nice on these hotter days to roll them all down while walking towards the car...

urbamworm 06-05-2011 02:58 PM

Point the key at the sensor on the driver door handle and hold the unlock button down to open or hold locked button down to roll up and close sunroof. And this may teach you more about the car https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...y-obvious.html

Meeyatch1 06-05-2011 08:58 PM

I am pretty sure lawguy has an E63, and that does not work on those. I just tried on mine. :(

nicco 06-06-2011 01:00 AM

Probably have to reset sync your key if it doesnt work. Search for forum to re-sync your key or look in the owners manual.

spazmoid 06-06-2011 07:10 PM

I've never been able to get it to work in my 04. Look closely at your door handle too, what looks to be the sensor on mine is just a black plug of plastic. I assume the IR receiver should be there but isn't for some unknown reason.

Badabings 06-06-2011 07:38 PM

It works on my 07 63

Richard55 06-06-2011 10:52 PM

Or with keyless go if you are willing to get close enough to physically touch the handle you can press and hold the lock button on the outside of the handle and wait a second for it to finish beeping and flashing the parking lights, then tap and release the unlock button on the other side of the handle. The windows and sunroof open halfway and the driver side seat cooler comes on.

Sounds strange, but is pretty simple once you try it a couple of times.

To roll them back up just hold the lock button.

The IR on the key worked great on my old C32 from several feet away, but never worked from more than 1" away on my E55. Also the E55 only has the sensor on the driver door handle so I prefer to just use the buttons on the door handle since I can do it from any door.

timeToy 06-06-2011 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1 (Post 4705052)
I am pretty sure lawguy has an E63, and that does not work on those. I just tried on mine. :(

Works fine on my '08 E63, make sure to aim at the little plastic square piece on the door handle.

timeToy 06-06-2011 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Richard55 (Post 4706662)
Or with keyless go if you are willing to get close enough to physically touch the handle you can press and hold the lock button on the outside of the handle and wait a second for it to finish beeping and flashing the parking lights, then tap and release the unlock button on the other side of the handle. The windows and sunroof open halfway and the driver side seat cooler comes on.

Worked here, this is a great one to refresh the car for a couple of min before getting in!

220S 06-07-2011 05:54 AM

:nix:

According to the manual (E63) you can only use the summer open option via the smart key and NOT keyless go. It says you can auto close the windows and roof with the handle button with keyless go, but you can't open the windows and roof.
opening the tilt/sliding sunroof
opening the panorama roof and roller
sunblinds
switching on the seat ventilation for the
driver’s seat

The summer opening feature can only be
activated via the remote control of the
SmartKey
. The SmartKey must be in close
proximity to the driver’s outside door handle.
Aim transmitter eye of the SmartKey at the
driver’s outside door handle.

The door windows and the tilt/sliding panel
opens after approximately 1 second.
Release button on the SmartKey to
interrupt the opening procedure.

Vehicles with tilt/sliding sunroof
Press and hold button on the
SmartKey until the door windows and the
tilt/sliding sunroof have reached the
desired position.
The vehicle unlocks.

Vehicles with panorama roof (sedan)
When roller sunblinds are extended:
SmartKey.
The vehicle unlocks.
The door windows open and the roller
sunblinds begin to retract after
approximately 1 second.
With the door windows opened and the
roller sunblinds fully retracted, press and
hold button on the SmartKey again.
The tilt/sliding panel opens.

When roller sunblinds are retracted:
SmartKey.
The vehicle unlocks.

bobgodd 06-07-2011 11:26 AM

I was never able to get it working with my keyless go key, though I'm in an E55 so I dunno.

Yuille36 06-07-2011 03:18 PM

These features work on all Mercedes, as it's standard. I used them all thetime on both my cars. I like my E63, as it even turns on the seats cooling fans. I wish that my C63 had that, as those seats can get a might toasty on the hot day.

jamcclureuk 06-13-2011 01:27 PM

I can roll down the windows with the keyfob about 1 out of 5 times on my E55.

I have never tried it with the handle though. i will give it a shot.

Yuille36 06-13-2011 01:44 PM

This is so funny, because I used these features on the 05 C230, 07 E350 and the 09 C300, that I have owned in the past. And they all worked.

cahiil55k 06-13-2011 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Richard55 (Post 4706662)

To roll them back up just hold the lock button.

The IR on the key worked great on my old C32 from several feet away, but never worked from more than 1" away on my E55. Also the E55 only has the sensor on the driver door handle so I prefer to just use the buttons on the door handle since I can do it from any door.

My remotes work from about 3-4ft away only, even on fresh batteries. Press unlock for a few seconds and it opens the windows. Release and press it again and the sunroof opens. I prefer to just use the buttons on the door handles as they respond quicker and I don't feel like I'm crushing the remote buttons or draining the remote batteries.

jamcclureuk 06-13-2011 02:28 PM

I am pleasantly surprised... it works perfectly with the physical buttons on the door handle itself. Hoorah!

Meeyatch1 06-13-2011 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by 220S (Post 4706954)
:nix:

According to the manual (E63) you can only use the summer open option via the smart key and NOT keyless go. It says you can auto close the windows and roof with the handle button with keyless go, but you can't open the windows and roof.
opening the tilt/sliding sunroof
opening the panorama roof and roller
sunblinds
switching on the seat ventilation for the
driver’s seat

The summer opening feature can only be
activated via the remote control of the
SmartKey
. The SmartKey must be in close
proximity to the driver’s outside door handle.
Aim transmitter eye of the SmartKey at the
driver’s outside door handle.

The door windows and the tilt/sliding panel
opens after approximately 1 second.

Vehicles with tilt/sliding sunroof
SmartKey until the door windows and the
tilt/sliding sunroof have reached the
desired position.
The vehicle unlocks.

Vehicles with panorama roof (sedan)
When roller sunblinds are extended:
SmartKey.
The vehicle unlocks.
The door windows open and the roller
sunblinds begin to retract after
approximately 1 second.
With the door windows opened and the
roller sunblinds fully retracted, press and
hold button on the SmartKey again.
The tilt/sliding panel opens.

When roller sunblinds are retracted:
SmartKey.
The vehicle unlocks.

WOW! Great info. I was wrong. My apologies. This is cool to know. So when it says to press or hold the SmartKey button, is this always referring to the 'unlock' button?

alextaylor29 06-13-2011 06:54 PM

I just tried it and it worked for me! Basically stand right next to the drivers side door handle, hold down the unlock button on your key fob and all the windows and sunroof roll down as long as you keep holding the unlock button down on your key fob.

Same with the lock botton on the fob. Hold that down pointing your fob at the drivers side handle and all the windows and sunroof roll up!

Pretty cool feature, thanks for sharing this.

As I live in AZ it's nice to know this so I can roll down the windows remotely to cool the car down quickly. :)

Alex

503C43 ////AMG 06-14-2011 07:54 PM

This works on my 1999 C43 so I would surprised if it doesn't work on most (if not all) newer MB's...

Meeyatch1 07-26-2011 09:37 PM

So cool!! I finally got it to work. My mistake was I was pointing it at the passenger side front door, and it evidently has to be pointed only at the driver's side front door. Very cool feature. I was giddy when it started working. Simple things make me happy. :D

SvtAmg 07-26-2011 10:00 PM

Mine use to work now it doesn't. Any idea why?

fly2nite 07-26-2011 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by SvtAmg (Post 4770757)
Mine use to work now it doesn't. Any idea why?

First thing that comes to mind is the IR sensor on the driver's side door handle could be inop? ...and/or the IR transmitter on the key? I got it working from 10 feet this afternoon in direct sunlight, which was a first. It's usually 3-4 feet max. I'll be trying the handle trick mentioned earlier, sounds faster than standing there holding down the button.

turbo97se 07-27-2011 12:35 PM

One possible reason why some functions may work on some cars and some not is possibly coding with the STAR. On my M3, I had to use GT1 to code Comfort closing (Komfort_Schliessung AKTIV) to be able to close with Key Fob. My understanding was that comfort closing was not enabled in the US for safety reasons. Perhaps on those that don't work "Komfort_Oeffnung" (Comfort opening) may not be active. Just a guess here. My one touch open was disabled for some reason when I got my car.

izzyz28 07-27-2011 01:22 PM

Here's something to consider. Both of my remotes work fantastic at night(worked from the back of the car), but during the day it's hit or miss. One of them wouldn't roll down the windows this morning even with an overcast sky, my hand shielding the sensor, and the remote 2" away from the sensor. The best thing you can do is get fresh batteries and say a prayer.

Meeyatch1 07-31-2011 11:37 AM

I got this to work ONE TIME, and now nothing! Argh! :(