Sponsored by:

Help! My wheel spacers don't fit (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 02:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Cadillac CTS-V
Help! My wheel spacers don't fit (pics)

Here I am trying to put on some new wheels with spacers. I was told that the front wheels don't need hub-centric spacers. It looks like they don't. But the spacers I bought from Akata (Vossen partner) don't fit.

They are sized: 15MM 5X112 TO 5X112

But as you can see, there's a ring that the spacer doesn't fit around. With the spacer on, there's about 1/2" gap from the spacer and the hub (pic 3).

The rear wheels fit fine with hub-centric 15MM spacers. But I can't get the fronts on. Does this ring come off?

Please advise!

Attached Thumbnails Help! My wheel spacers don't fit (pics)-spacer1.jpg   Help! My wheel spacers don't fit (pics)-spacer2.jpg   Help! My wheel spacers don't fit (pics)-spacer3.jpg  
Old 10-15-2011, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
CLS55 AMG
that ring should come off... it looks like a hubcentric ring that was used for other wheels... pry it off with a screw driver. they are usually plastic so you will probably damage it
Old 10-15-2011, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 Renntech stage 5, 04 CL600 ( will miss ),02e55 , 11 R350
Are you sure if that ring belongs to the actual hub of the car ? Can yo tell what material is it ? I havent seen a ring like that as part of the hub...what wheels did you have on the car before ? or right before you decided to go with the spacers ? If I had to guess I would say that ring looks like a centering ring ( either plastic or could be Aluminum ) meat to go in the hub of an aftermarket wheel/ rim to center it on the Mercedes Hub , usually they are stuck to the rim but maybe it just got left / stuck on the hub.. I would gently try to pry it loose with a flat head screw driver , go easy though...
Old 10-15-2011, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Cadillac CTS-V
You guys are SMERT!

I owe y'all an e-beer. A round on me!

it came off some tapping with a flathead. I've never seen something like this and it looked like it was metal. Alas, it is plastic and twisted off easily once I broke it loose.

Cheers! Pics of new wheels coming soon.

Attached Thumbnails Help! My wheel spacers don't fit (pics)-spacer4.jpg  
Old 10-15-2011, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 Renntech stage 5, 04 CL600 ( will miss ),02e55 , 11 R350
I am so glad it worked out for you.. BTW , personally I never liked using these centering rings I always feel that they might break .. then it is a problem .. always try to use a wheel that is bored specifically for MB.. if one must use these because of some after market wheel .. I have some in Aluminum .. I would think they are better than Plastic. Best of luck.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
That ring deffinetly does not belong in there. Glad you got it off. That is what you use when you get cheap wheels that are not specific to the car.