W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New E55 Supercharger power pulley/clutch!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
I think part of the problem here is that the exact people the
Rock is talking about have caused people to mess up engines. Me being a prime example. There's also no way to get in contact with whoever UPD even is just like RTR. They are fictitious names to hide who they really are which is brooke/shardul. It's funny how Brooke says he just happened to find some new product then says that he will get an extra 5,10,50 made for his friends every time. He gets them made to sell them for a profit and have us do the testing to see what happens. Then if and when it fails good luck getting any help from the fictitious named company UPD or RTR. If they are true companies why did everyone pay shardul or Brooke for their s/c pulley or crank pulley or NPI headers??
Old 04-29-2012, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
I think part of the problem here is that the exact people the
Rock is talking about have caused people to mess up engines. Me being a prime example. There's also no way to get in contact with whoever UPD even is just like RTR. They are fictitious names to hide who they really are which is brooke/shardul. It's funny how Brooke says he just happened to find some new product then says that he will get an extra 5,10,50 made for his friends every time. He gets them made to sell them for a profit and have us do the testing to see what happens. Then if and when it fails good luck getting any help from the fictitious named company UPD or RTR. If they are true companies why did everyone pay shardul or Brooke for their s/c pulley or crank pulley or NPI headers??
So the guys with cracked Kleeman Longtube Headers are better off?

or the guys with blown transmissions, are they crying wolf to TCU programmers?

I just don't understand that there has to be a blame other than the risk itself
Old 04-29-2012, 02:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2016 CLS63S AMG, 2017 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate, 2019 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R
Originally Posted by cij911
Rock - that flying cat is hilarious...
ROTFL!!!
Old 04-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Received 505 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by Hotrod-Realtor
So I got to ask, if a member violates TOU (terms of use) by setting up multiple user accounts and selling products without paying MB World, why wouldn't MB World give out infractions or ban them? Blocking certain words, phrases and weblinks seems like a long way around and causes people, like me, to contemplate conspiracy theories.
A great question that I don't have an accurate answer to. Maybe the people from IB or the administrators will chime in.

What were you thinking on becoming a moderator. Way too much drama, work and loss of free time in my opinion.
Haha! You are right about that. I may soon retire so I can return to the days when goofing on Vic was my only responsibility.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by Toadster
So the guys with cracked Kleeman Longtube Headers are better off?

or the guys with blown transmissions, are they crying wolf to TCU programmers?

I just don't understand that there has to be a blame other than the risk itself
Hey Toad do some research buddy. Kleemann dosent sell long tube headers for the E55 and if something did go wrong with their product you have a number/email to get ahold of them directly. Not to mention they have some of the best customer service and support in the business. When did you see a TCU break a transmission? You didn't so nice try. So if you put that pulley on and it falls off or messes your supercharger up you won't say a word and not try to get ahold of UPD??
Old 04-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Rock, Thanks for the reply, that confirms my suspicion that MB World is blocking the words **************. Here I thought I was being helpful to a guy thats getting ready to install a mod with an install question. I would hate to see a guy mess up a $30,000 motor, maybe that's just me though.
So I got to ask, if a member violates TOU (terms of use) by setting up multiple user accounts and selling products without paying MB World, why wouldn't MB World give out infractions or ban them? Blocking certain words, phrases and weblinks seems like a long way around and causes people, like me, to contemplate conspiracy theories.

What were you thinking on becoming a moderator. Way too much drama, work and loss of free time in my opinion.
You may recall, just a few weeks ago, a very long-term Mod here suspended (not Banned) one of these characters. It created a virtual riot amongst the members here that feel these guys can do no wrong, even if their parts are destroying other members' engines.

The irony is, throughout this uproar, MBWorld faithful were directed by other mis-informed members, to take their time and expertise to the competing site...a site run by the guys illicitly selling the (alleged) faulty products. Isn't that like asking the owner of the used car lot if you should buy his car, instead of the one on the lot across the street? Biased, perhaps?

Beware of the used-car salesmen masquerading as counselors.

Come on everyone. The staff here are all members and enthusiasts first! We only enforce the rules of the site to protect and grow this community. We would never willingly choose to ban useful, helpful members.

If the the membership or this site is threatened, we need to act.

Rock loves this site and was asked to become a Mod because of his love for it and his even-handed, calm, diplomatic method of operation.

For anyone wishing to attack Rock, understand that I was the one that chose to have the other site blocked, just like my predecessors have done with other sites that do not build on the credibility of MBWorld.

Wake up people. Someone is taking advantage of members here. We are trying to protect you and yet, we get all the crap.

Edit: Another Mod came up with the gif in my sig, as a tongue-in-cheek representation of how we are perceived. IT IS NOT REALITY.

Last edited by ScottW911; 04-29-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
Hahahahahah
Old 04-29-2012, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by Toadster
so if 'those guys' paid for a vendor spot - all this would all stop? seems like a pretty simple solution as MBW gets a lot of traffic
Toad, the answer is yes...and no.

If they continue to sell products that (allegedly) blow up cars, things would not be a smooth ride.

If they were sponsors selling sound products, all would be okay.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:08 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
I just like to know who thought it was a good idea to install a part on an AMG to handle crazy amount of power with a company that has no credibility or anyone has ever heard of?
Old 04-29-2012, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Have you read some of these threads regarding more POWA? LOL

It seems some will do anything for more power and that means even taking unnecessary risks
Old 04-29-2012, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Originally Posted by ScottW911
even if their parts are destroying other members' engines.
I don't have a dog in this fight, but your claim above dishonest at best and is pure speculation. No one has proven any of the products in question are defective, just as it also hasn't been proven that the installs were completely defective. However, threads in this very forum have all but documented that at least one of the so-called "destroyed" engines was the result of a faulty pulley install that was further exacerbated by an ineffective repair attempt on the reinstall.

If the the membership or this site is threatened, we need to act.
This is laughable. I can think of at least four "sponsor" vendors over the past few years who have royally screwed members here; some are actually still vendors. IB never acted at all, or acted too late to be of any value.

Anyone dealing with any of the vendors on this site are well-advised to practice Caveat Emptor.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by komp55
I don't have a dog in this fight, but your claim above dishonest at best and is pure speculation. No one has proven any of the products in question are defective, just as it also hasn't been proven that the installs were completely defective. However, threads in this very forum have all but documented that at least one of the so-called "destroyed" engines was the result of a faulty pulley install that was further exacerbated by an ineffective repair attempt on the reinstall.
That is exactly why I said, "even if..." and "alleged". Please do not twist my words into "dishonesty" and "speculation."

This is the type of sensationalism that causes the drama in this forum.

This is laughable. I can think of at least four "sponsor" vendors over the past few years who have royally screwed members here; some are actually still vendors. IB never acted at all, or acted too late to be of any value.

Anyone dealing with any of the vendors on this site are well-advised to practice Caveat Emptor.
Exactly! I have posted this phrase several times in the last several weeks.

With regards to past evils, IB will respond to any subpenas that are sent to them from members pursuing compensation.

Bad vendors get vetted by the membership. Are you purchasing anything from the rotten eggs out there?

Last edited by ScottW911; 04-29-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:20 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Toad, the answer is yes...and no.

If they continue to sell products that (allegedly) blow up cars, things would not be a smooth ride.

If they were sponsors selling sound products, all would be okay.
Guess what...your paying sponsors sell the same product because there's nothing wrong with it. So you, as an administrator, might be ****ing with their sales by casting doubt on a product they sell. I wonder how they feel about that, as a paying sponsor?

What you are having to deal with is members that will do anything they can to slander good honest people because they realize that they have no legal recourse for what happened to their cars. Literally every thread and nearly every post involves a stab at Shardul or Brooke, and that's going to make your life more difficult as long as this immaturity keeps evidencing itself.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Doesn't EC sell the RTR pulley as well, so if the pulley goes bad (as probably any pulley can) what happens then? Does the person have recourse against EC?
Old 04-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by BenzoDoc
Guess what...your paying sponsors sell the same product because there's nothing wrong with it. So you, as an administrator, might be ****ing with their sales by casting doubt on a product they sell. I wonder how they feel about that, as a paying sponsor?

What you are having to deal with is members that will do anything they can to slander good honest people because they realize that they have no legal recourse for what happened to their cars. Literally every thread and nearly every post involves a stab at Shardul or Brooke, and that's going to make your life more difficult as long as this immaturity keeps evidencing itself.
Really? Now you are defending the paying sponsors? What are Shardul and Brooke then?

I am well aware that Eurocharged is selling RTR pulleys and are getting good reviews. I hope they all run like Swiss watches and Jake & Jerry make a ton of money selling them.

That being said, why would you defend non-sponsor members for selling that same product (while hiding the fact that they are and starting another forum site to sell their stuff too), taking business away from the sponsors that are putting good money into their advertising and marketing? (How do you feel about that, Jake and Jerry?)

Stabs are being taken (mostly by other members, these days) at dishonest members that are literally stealing from respected sponsors, like Eurocharged.

Oh and the irony of the "immaturity" claim is not lost.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:07 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Really? Now you are defending the paying sponsors? What are Shardul and Brooke then?

I am well aware that Eurocharged is selling RTR pulleys and are getting good reviews. I hope they all run like Swiss watches and Jake & Jerry make a ton of money selling them.

That being said, why would you defend non-sponsor members for selling that same product (while hiding the fact that they are and starting another forum site to sell their stuff too), taking business away from the sponsors that are putting good money into their advertising and marketing? (How do you feel about that, Jake and Jerry?)

Stabs are being taken (mostly by other members, these days) at dishonest members that are literally stealing from respected sponsors, like Eurocharged.

Oh and the irony of the "immaturity" claim is not lost.
Brooke and Shardul are friends of mine. Friends that have not wronged anyone. Thus, I defend them as such and I expect that you would do the same if you were in my situation.

Craig's second pulley wasn't even purchased from Brooke and Shardul, which is what kills me the most.

I think it's criminal to have a sample size of 2 and act like that's all the pulleys that are in existence, when in reality the actual numbers are much higher. But it will always be the failures you hear about, unless someone is so elated with their product that they throw their testimonials up on a forum somewhere.

As for selling pulleys second-hand ... I dont have strong feelings either way. I know that Brooke or Shardul provided the impetus to get the pulleys made in the first place, but as far as making money off of them, I know it's not worth this deluge of hate.

I think it's a shame that you call Shardul and Brooke dishonest, you have no basis to slander them with that. I think you're buying into the lies about them a bit too much if you're going that far.

As for your immaturity comment, I'd like to point out that you're siding with a 26 year old who claims that the greatest thing he has ever done in his life is run a 10.5 in an E55, and that he is "better" than Brooke. Did you miss Steve's repeated call-out threads on that other forum in an attempt to sell heads with HIS own performance parts company? Did you miss the part where Steve was selling injectors without a forum sponsorship? What a waste.

Please, fact-check before slandering from now on.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Brooke and Shardul are friends of mine. Friends that have not wronged anyone. Thus, I defend them as such and I expect that you would do the same if you were in my situation.

Craig's second pulley wasn't even purchased from Brooke and Shardul, which is what kills me the most.

I think it's criminal to have a sample size of 2 and act like that's all the pulleys that are in existence, when in reality the actual numbers are much higher. But it will always be the failures you hear about, unless someone is so elated with their product that they throw their testimonials up on a forum somewhere.

As for selling pulleys second-hand ... I dont have strong feelings either way. I know that Brooke or Shardul provided the impetus to get the pulleys made in the first place, but as far as making money off of them, I know it's not worth this deluge of hate.

I think it's a shame that you call Shardul and Brooke dishonest, you have no basis to slander them with that. I think you're buying into the lies about them a bit too much if you're going that far.

As for your immaturity comment, I'd like to point out that you're siding with a 26 year old who claims that the greatest thing he has ever done in his life is run a 10.5 in an E55, and that he is "better" than Brooke. Did you miss Steve's repeated call-out threads on that other forum in an attempt to sell heads with HIS own performance parts company? Did you miss the part where Steve was selling injectors without a forum sponsorship? What a waste.

You crack me up. I've done far more at 26 than most and never said that was my big accomplishment. I haven't sold any heads on here unlike Brooke and Shardul. I have proof his pulley is defective from the top company that builds them. The call out is to expose and prove what Brooke is and he hasn't said a word about it for a reason. They give out so much false information it's not even funny. I know you will defend them because that's what friends do and I would do the same unless I knew the facts and you know just what they tell you.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS

Steve said he never wanted to sell any heads, just compare them..
Old 04-29-2012, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Here is the basic problem I have here: friends tend to turn a blind eye to bad behavior, for the sake of the friendship.

Unfortunately, the "friends" don't know anything about the background/internal conversations taking place between IB, the members in questions and staff here.

Until you walk a mile in my shoes, please don't assume you know the entire story or that we are not doing our best to fact check.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:27 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
You crack me up. I've done far more at 26 than most and never said that was my big accomplishment. I haven't sold any heads on here unlike Brooke and Shardul. I have proof his pulley is defective from the top company that builds them. The call out is to expose and prove what Brooke is and he hasn't said a word about it for a reason. They give out so much false information it's not even funny. I know you will defend them because that's what friends do and I would do the same unless I knew the facts and you know just what they tell you.
Honestly sir, the only issue I have with anything you've ever done is the way you've handled this situation, I can care less about injectors or heads or whatnot. When you set the record, I congratulated you with everyone else.

I want your car on the road as much as anyone else, but I have no clue how the flame war and repeated slander helps with that end goal, of getting your car fixed.

And I didn't expect a mature reply, but I commend and thank you for it. I can understand the passion for your car and how emotional dispute can get, I just think that this situation would best be solved privately.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:36 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Here is the basic problem I have here: friends tend to turn a blind eye to bad behavior, for the sake of the friendship.

Unfortunately, the "friends" don't know anything about the background/internal conversations taking place between IB, the members in questions and staff here.

Until you walk a mile in my shoes, please don't assume you know the entire story or that we are not doing our best to fact check.
I hold my friends more accountable than I do strangers on the internet.

Flipping parts is not the same as manufacturing them.

I don't need to walk a mile in your shoes to know that committing to a side and calling my friends dishonest was a poor choice given the amount of information you've been afforded, given that I confronted both Shardul and Brooke about the "facts" of this situation and have been given all the evidence I need to defend them.

This **** needs to be handled between the parties only, it's just tainted even more when a peanut gallery [myself included] is involved. Posting this repeatedly, publicly, on a forum is just going to make emotions run higher than they would otherwise.

I'm done dealing with this. I told you how you'll be perceived when this all gets settled out, that's all I can do.

Last edited by BenzoDoc; 04-29-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Honestly sir, the only issue I have with anything you've ever done is the way you've handled this situation, I can care less about injectors or heads or whatnot. When you set the record, I congratulated you with everyone else.

I want your car on the road as much as anyone else, but I have no clue how the flame war and repeated slander helps with that end goal, of getting your car fixed.

And I didn't expect a mature reply, but I commend and thank you for it. I can understand the passion for your car and how emotional dispute can get, I just think that this situation would best be solved privately.
I handled it very well until Brooke went silent and went doing whatever he could to help and now nothing. I was silent when the pulley threw the belt because I wanted to see what happened first and not over react. I tried for days to settle this with brooke outside of having to do anything else. I posted on here to warn people of what I have gone thru as well as others now. I want my car on the road too but instead the motor is in the back of my truck and going to the engine builder tomorrow. I'm also out of pocket over $1k and haven't even got started yet really.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:51 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
I handled it very well until Brooke went silent and went doing whatever he could to help and now nothing. I was silent when the pulley threw the belt because I wanted to see what happened first and not over react. I tried for days to settle this with brooke outside of having to do anything else. I posted on here to warn people of what I have gone thru as well as others now. I want my car on the road too but instead the motor is in the back of my truck and going to the engine builder tomorrow. I'm also out of pocket over $1k and haven't even got started yet really.
I fully support your desire to warn others to be a "cautious consumer" if you feel justified. That's your right as a consumer. At this point though, things have escalated far beyond that.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Clearly Brooke or shardul know who the owners of RTR are if its not them right?
Old 04-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

I hold my friends more accountable than I do strangers on the internet.

Flipping parts is not the same as manufacturing them.

I don't need to walk a mile in your shoes to know that committing to a side and calling my friends dishonest was a poor choice given the amount of information you've been afforded, given that I confronted both Shardul and Brooke about the "facts" of this situation and have been given all the evidence I need to defend them.

This **** needs to be handled between the parties only, it's just tainted even more when a peanut gallery [myself included] is involved. Posting this repeatedly, publicly, on a forum is just going to make emotions run higher than they would otherwise.

I'm done dealing with this. I told you how you'll be perceived when this all gets settled out, that's all I can do.
I want to ask you one last, simple question. Based on your knowledge of the facts, do you believe that the parties in question have not ever or are now in violation of any part of the TOU here?
Forums Acceptable Use Policy

You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or MBWorld.org.

You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, that the posting of private communications (including, but not limited to e-mail, private messages, letters, faxes) without the consent of all parties to said communication is strictly prohibited.

You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, that advertising on MBWorld.org will only be permitted by officially recognized site sponsors and advertisers. Advertising includes, but is not limited to, direct and indirect solicitation of business in posts, business contact information, use of corporate logos, or use of any language or image that can be construed as an advertisement. Posting is defined by posts in forums, signature files, personal messages and e-mails sent from MBWorld.org. Examples of what is not allowed as per this policy:

• signatures with member's corporate information, including but not limited to name, number, description of work offered and corporate logos or graphic images.
  • non personal party 'for sale' posts.
  • repetitive posting of graphic images with corporate logos inserted.
The owners and administrators of MBWorld.org Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
If they have, the paying sponsors, like EC are being pick-pocketed.

Last edited by ScottW911; 04-29-2012 at 08:46 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New E55 Supercharger power pulley/clutch!