MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   Extended Warranty (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/431785-extended-warranty.html)

glima 01-20-2012 07:33 PM

Extended Warranty

I was reluctant to buy the extended warranty as I thought it would be a total rip off. I spoke to Bruce at Becks Imports and ge really guided me through the process. I ended up buying the warranty from Bruce and all I can say is THank yoy Bruce!!!!

I have had the car since last April. So far I am over $5k on repairs. Total out of pocket is $400.

I just picked the car up 30 mins ago. Work completed this time around under warranty- valve cover gaskets leaking, trans seal leaking, ac compressor replaced, air matic suspensoon pump replaced. Need I say more. If your on the fence dont be. 2 trips to the stealership will equal the investment on the warranty.

Thanks again Bruce

AKxSpyO 01-22-2012 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by glima (Post 5014723)
I was reluctant to buy the extended warranty as I thought it would be a total rip off. I spoke to Bruce at Becks Imports and ge really guided me through the process. I ended up buying the warranty from Bruce and all I can say is THank yoy Bruce!!!!

I have had the car since last April. So far I am over $5k on repairs. Total out of pocket is $400.

I just picked the car up 30 mins ago. Work completed this time around under warranty- valve cover gaskets leaking, trans seal leaking, ac compressor replaced, air matic suspensoon pump replaced. Need I say more. If your on the fence dont be. 2 trips to the stealership will equal the investment on the warranty.

Thanks again Bruce

Would you please PM me his contact information. Thanks

glima 01-22-2012 07:56 PM

He is on the forum s all the time. Google Beck Imports. Let me know if you have trouble. Tell him Gus sent you

Originally Posted by AKxSpyO (Post 5017056)
Would you please PM me his contact information. Thanks

alextaylor29 01-25-2012 08:44 AM

Yes extended warranties are a MUST with this car. I have a CNA one and it's already covered nearly $10K in repairs over the past 3 years. Out of pocket for me has been around $800 (some stuff they don't cover.)

One of the reason's I recommend buying your next MB/AMG at Carmax (I don't work for them) as they offer CNA warranties which you can't buy aftermarket. For the price you pay for the warranty and the resulting covering you recieve, they're the best in the biz!

My $.02.

Alex

Toadster 01-25-2012 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by glima (Post 5014723)

Thanks again Bruce

total out of pocket is warranty price + $400 right?

your warranty didn't cost $400 did it? that's not the quote I got! :D

glima 01-25-2012 10:52 PM

Warranty price is a given.

Originally Posted by Toadster (Post 5022355)
total out of pocket is warranty price + $400 right?

your warranty didn't cost $400 did it? that's not the quote I got! :D

Toadster 01-25-2012 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by glima (Post 5022396)
Warranty price is a given.

true, but it's good to keep track of that base price to see when you break even...

I've had the same experience with my GMC Denali - we got the warranty because these big SUV's really get beat down - just the transfer case alone was $5k in repairs and thankfully covered by the warranty :)

nice thing is that warranty only cost us $2.5k - so we had it paid off in spades ;)

glima 01-26-2012 07:07 AM

The EW is NAC And it is purchased from Bruce at Beck Imports.

Toadster 01-26-2012 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by glima (Post 5022753)
The EW is NAC And it is purchased from Bruce at Beck Imports.

he has VERY good pricing - glad it's working well for you, I haven't heard a bad story about NAC - so it's solid!

Peter_02AMG 01-26-2012 12:14 PM

My CPO warranty run out in June 2012. MB FO is asking $3,500 for a 3 yr 36K miles extended warranty from a company call National. Is this a good price or insurance company to deal with?

Toadster 01-26-2012 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Peter_02AMG (Post 5023079)
My CPO warranty run out in June 2012. MB FO is asking $3,500 for a 3 yr 36K miles extended warranty from a company call National. Is this a good price or insurance company to deal with?

that seems pretty cheap - but most likely because you're still on CPO

WPOZZZ 01-26-2012 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Peter_02AMG (Post 5023079)

That is most likely NAC. NAC = National Auto Care Same warranty company that Becks sells, but probably at a higher price.

FWIW, I bought my NAC Platinum warranty for $2k. 4 years, 50k, $50 ded.

Mzee 01-26-2012 04:49 PM

I have a S55 AMG 2001 and it as 102000 miles, do you think they can give me a warranty for that? let me know or give me their info and see if they can give me.

glima 01-26-2012 08:33 PM

Wow! You got a smoken deal.

Originally Posted by WPOZZZ (Post 5023473)
That is most likely NAC. NAC = National Auto Care Same warranty company that Becks sells, but probably at a higher price.

FWIW, I bought my NAC Platinum warranty for $2k. 4 years, 50k, $50 ded.

Toadster 01-26-2012 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by glima (Post 5023810)

No joke! I want on that!

meinersk 01-26-2012 09:40 PM

I have 06 cls 55 for 2.5 years 25,000 dollars in repairs. New trans, seat, window motor, sub frame ,2 sets of mounts trans and engine ,gaskets,tie rods,2 airshocks,

meinersk 01-26-2012 09:50 PM

Intercooler pump and lots more. All covered 100 deductible .price was 2700 dollars including nav for 4 years or 40000 miles I believe. Company name E something. This is number to company not broker.don't tell them I sent you lol. They will not cover you lol best contract I ever signed.877-838-3322. I got from extended car warranty but they are brokers . If u can get this company they covered so much already

Toadster 01-26-2012 10:36 PM

all sorts of different prices in here... what's the average price on the platinum warranties?

I'm seeing everything from $2-7K! that's a HUGE range!

WPOZZZ 01-27-2012 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by glima (Post 5023810)

Originally Posted by Toadster (Post 5023852)
No joke! I want on that!

Originally Posted by Toadster (Post 5023980)
all sorts of different prices in here... what's the average price on the platinum warranties?

I'm seeing everything from $2-7K! that's a HUGE range!

I got mine through my credit union. Remember, they are member owned, so there really isn't much of a markup on the product, unlike dealers.

They also offered me a 4/50 EW on my RX330 for $1k.

Toadster 01-28-2012 03:55 PM

anyone here use National Warranty Company?
http://www.nwc.biz/defaultnew.aspx

Becks Imports 01-30-2012 12:46 PM

GLima, thanks for the reco. You're making out like a bandit. What's amazing is that you are already 'in the black' and you still have YEARS to go on your plan!

A few things:

1. NWC is ok, but I'd recommend them more for domestic/asian cars. You might run into problems where they want to send in 3rd part parts, or only allow for book rate which is less than dealer in most cases. They're not a bad outfit, but would not be my first choice for MB where you havwe to go to the dealer a lot.

2. Plan prices DO vary widely. They are based on year of car, model, miles. Risk ratings go from A1 all the way through E6, which are 30 different categories of pricing. then the plan you want, and the term, add another set of pricing variables!

3. WPOZZ, I'd like to see more detail on what you got. NAC does not have Platinum it's called Pinnacle, and the prices you quote are well below cost. Sometimes a dealer that gets physical pricing, which is lower than internet pricing (since internet cars carry more risk), will sell it cheaper and I can't compete. But the risk is they are violating their agreement and the plan could be voided in the future. Although that is a small risk. I would guess your cars were also very low miles.

4. I quote at 12.9% over my cost, and I lose 2.9% to the CC company for processing master/visa payment by phone without the card or customer being present at time of sale. And since I am here for help AFTER the sale, and I have helped out a lot of people over time, that's the lowest margin I can work on.

If anyone needs a quote, please email me car VIN# and odometer reading to brucem105@comcast.net. Prices just went up on January 1st, and model year eligibility for Pinnacle plan is now 2005 as the oldest. But I do have a couple of paper contracts I can still sneak in.

Thanks!

Bruce

Peter_02AMG 01-30-2012 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Toadster (Post 5026288)
anyone here use National Warranty Company?
http://www.nwc.biz/defaultnew.aspx

I inquired about an extended warranty for my AMG and the Vice president operations reply with "AMG model is not eligible for coverage under our plan" and they do not market directly to consumers.

dr_brains510 01-30-2012 03:05 PM

Do these extended warranties work for California residents that own an E55? The reason I ask is b/c almost all I've contacted do not offer it.

Toadster 01-30-2012 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Peter_02AMG (Post 5028916)
I inquired about an extended warranty for my AMG and the Vice president operations reply with "AMG model is not eligible for coverage under our plan" and they do not market directly to consumers.

the dealer offered it to me, it's what they use all the time... it's a $500 adder for AMG

WPOZZZ 01-31-2012 12:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Becks Imports (Post 5028776)

3. WPOZZ, I'd like to see more detail on what you got. NAC does not have Platinum it's called Pinnacle, and the prices you quote are well below cost. Sometimes a dealer that gets physical pricing, which is lower than internet pricing (since internet cars carry more risk), will sell it cheaper and I can't compete. But the risk is they are violating their agreement and the plan could be voided in the future. Although that is a small risk. I would guess your cars were also very low miles.

Thanks!

Bruce

I just checked and it was actually $2145.