W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Managed to get pulled over twice in 3 days..

Old 01-24-2012, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by infantry
Agreed! I've got an extra set of tires I may just bring with me, never know what's going to happen. I've got a helmet and the beast is ready.
Bro, this track......no helmet required. They let us have the run of the place! Its the best.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
You will have to direct me to a car wash as soon as I get there though, 1880 miles of bugs on my bumper. Still nothing, need to put miles on the AMG.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You will have to direct me to a car wash as soon as I get there though, 1880 miles of bugs on my bumper. Still nothing, need to put miles on the AMG.
The official car wash is at my place. Soap, power washer, towels and garage for waxing. We got you covered.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:03 PM

W211 (wifey) SC'd E39 M5 (me)
I'm pretty sure Steve is coming again from Rancho Cucamonga CA, and I think Barry is coming from Palo Alto, we will put you in touch with them, you guys can caravan out together! As long as you don't mind cruising with some BMW's that is.......

Most people come from 500+ miles. The car wash will be explained in detail to you all!!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Timmay77
I'm pretty sure Steve is coming again from Rancho Cucamonga CA, and I think Barry is coming from Palo Alto, we will put you in touch with them, you guys can caravan out together! As long as you don't mind cruising with some BMW's that is.......

Most people come from 500+ miles. The car wash will be explained in detail to you all!!
Opps forgot, we actually have 2 carwash locations. Those will be given to the people as deemed necessary.

07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
Perfect, I don't mind some BMW's and would be a lot safer for me to cruise with others.

I'm secretly a BMW fanboy, but I keep that crap hidden deep down.

Originally Posted by emoving
Opps forgot, we actually have 2 carwash locations. Those will be given to the people as deemed necessary.
LOL.....
Old 01-24-2012, 10:06 PM

Perfect, I don't mind some BMW's and would be a lot safer for me to cruise with others.

You'll love this meet then. There will be some unbelievable cars there. Both MB's and BMW's. Some of the most amazing cars in the states......
Old 01-24-2012, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Me too, thats how I met Tim, my E39. That is how I met Adam who you will meet and love. He drove from MD and bought my E39 which is now supercharged.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You'll love this meet then. There will be some unbelievable cars there. Both MB's and BMW's. Some of the most amazing cars in the states......
ya, your friggin SC E39 from Buckhead with a mack daddy plentum!(spelling??)
Old 01-24-2012, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by emoving
ya, your friggin SC E39 from Buckhead with a mack daddy plentum!(spelling??)
Plenum. LOL. I can't friggin wait to get it back. I'm flying down on Feb 9th to work on it for 4 days..... I can't even get the wife to let me drive the E350 either! I'm stuck driving the winter beater.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Plenum. LOL. I can't friggin wait to get it back. I'm flying down on Feb 9th to work on it for 4 days..... I can't even get the wife to let me drive the E350 either! I'm stuck driving the winter beater.
Thats her car bro! She has been schlepping it for years, let her ride in style. I have a feeling in that ride she may need some more helpful goodies to keep her out of trouble! I got some stuff in mind!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
This sounds crazy but, I can't take the flight, I'm anti-TSA. And I don't think they should get any rights as cops. Unless they are cops.

But I've always wanted to drive my E63 very far away from the west coast, Maybe just admission would be nice, and I'm sure I can work it in my empty retired 23 year old schedule somewhere haha.

The E63 would be a blast to drive. I've done plenty 11 hour drives from AZ to CA so this wouldn't be a chore at all, quite exciting actually.
Big thanks to you for the sacrifice and courage buddy I just tooled mine from Dallas to DC for a Christmas thru January sabbatical, and it was a damn fine way to spend 18-20 hours...Cruise control at 90-100 depending on how far into bumpkin I got, chasing down 93 octane in AR, and my growing obsession with truck stops Good times, and have a good trip yourself

As for the whole cop thing, I guess all the tough guys on here like to get disrespected at their jobs too.? I used to be a jackass in my teens, but like most young and dumb I realized most uniforms are decent guys out to protect you, even if it is from yourself There's always bad apples in every bunch, at least 30% of my office shouldn't have jobs in my mind either, but the more respect you give the more you get for the most part. Pretty simple. I've never been pulled without a valid reason since the late teens with my ridiculous Stang that was actually valid reason enough

Super late reply I know, but the sinuses have been beating me down all day
Old 01-24-2012, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by citylightva
Big thanks to you for the sacrifice and courage buddy I just tooled mine from Dallas to DC for a Christmas thru January sabbatical, and it was a damn fine way to spend 18-20 hours...Cruise control at 90-100 depending on how far into bumpkin I got, chasing down 93 octane in AR, and my growing obsession with truck stops Good times, and have a good trip yourself

As for the whole cop thing, I guess all the tough guys on here like to get disrespected at their jobs too.? I used to be a jackass in my teens, but like most young and dumb I realized most uniforms are decent guys out to protect you, even if it is from yourself There's always bad apples in every bunch, at least 30% of my office shouldn't have jobs in my mind either, but the more respect you give the more you get for the most part. Pretty simple. I've never been pulled without a valid reason since the late teens with my ridiculous Stang that was actually valid reason enough

Super late reply I know, but the sinuses have been beating me down all day
Late but on point!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 174 Likes on 144 Posts
SL55, S500
This thread def.heated up!!

Profiling is the best and only means to catch people!

I think they caught some of the biggest criminals over expired registration tags and tints too. The system was setup by smart people.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:16 PM

FBO 2005 E55 w/ LSD
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
Me and the silver car were in a photoshoot near Fort Devens on a back country road when a trooper rolled through. After we spoke to him a bit he started blocking traffic for us!
^THIS... is Epic! Usually when I bring out the 'high dollar' glass, officers usually always stop but figure its official biznass and we chat them up. I can personally say ive never had one block traffic for me though. HAHA just thought is was awesome sorry for the rant.

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
As far as I'm concerned, you get a pass for life on traffic offenses, as long as you're not endangering anyone else. Thanks for your service.

Marcus, those that know you personally, know what kind of person you really are, regardless of how some people perceive your online persona.
Yes infantry your a man a few years younger than me with a set of cajones way bigger than mine. Thank you very much for what you do.

and im just a trolling noob, but I thought emoving was going to bust my ***** for my incompetent searching abilities in my 'intro' thread. I was fully flame suited up for that one the second I posted it. Seems most just moved on as others fed the troll. Sorry to say it guys im always coming back now and your stuck with me.

PS: Emoving and Craig, the internetz it's serious busines!

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
One thing though, you gotta bring your purple heart for me to wear at the strip club! I'm soooooooo getting a free lap dance.
I think I may have just **** my pants!

Originally Posted by Das Geld 2

I think they caught some of the biggest criminals over expired registration tags and tints too. The system was setup by smart people.
While I wholeheartedly agree. Can you imagine my frustration at 23 (damned near 26 now) being pulled over and profiled on a weekly basis in my yellow "Look at me" Z06 with a tag that said NotDADz.

Half the time we literally ended up just chatting about the car. I always thought it was cool my local cops were secretly cars guys. never got the ***** to ask one to run me in their charger though.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E63S
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2

Of course.

Go to the hood, see how many cops actually do work there. None.
Issuing traffic citations is much easier, no?

One Prius on the roads alone is FAR more dangerous than all of our tint combined. Of course we robbed a bank and running away in the Benz without a front plate/tint not to be noticed.

This thread has derailed anyway.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:34 AM

2001 E320, 2008 E63 AMG
[QUOTE=E55Dimon;5019000]Last "normal" encounter was in August on my 25th bday when MA trooper pulled me for no front plate, told me it looked good, happy bday and put it on...
It got a bit more interesting in late September or early October
You driving the 63 in winter? Cigar masters sometime?

Dima, I take the E63 out every once in awhile. Still going to Cigar Masters alot!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55 AMG
That sucks!

In AZ here no front plate is needed (yay!) and you can run tint all the way around which I do. Honestly this is one reason I've kept my car looking bone stock and cops generally don't look twice at my ride. (It's gold in color which helps I think). I have stock rims and mufflers but do have LTH.

In AZ what you have to watch out for is photo radar, but I've been lucky not to get a ticket in 3 plus years and I drive 100 miles to and from work every day!

Alex
Old 01-25-2012, 08:50 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 148 Likes on 108 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by iLLuZioNz
Half the time we literally ended up just chatting about the car. I always thought it was cool my local cops were secretly cars guys. never got the ***** to ask one to run me in their charger though.
we had a indiana state trooper stop by at one of our private track days at us41. (he had seens all the cars come in together) He commented on how nice they were, then proceeded to run against us on the track in the squad!

Old 01-25-2012, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Case in point today, not 20 minutes ago (MD/VA/DC people will get the references), I'm on the access road to Dulles when I notice a Loudoun officer in the left lane on the tollway. Obvious what was going to happen, since I had made a little 60-110 roll a couple miles back that probably got his attention. 55mph speed limits are just retarded these days on a 4 lane highway...cruises next to me for 1/2 mile then falls in behind when we hit the airport and flashes the whirlers...I pull well and safely off, car off, windows down (already most of the way, great day), stereo off, hands on the wheel and looking out the window. Guy said I got you for 75 in a 55, Reckless in VA, license and reg...wrong address on both so as I'm writing mine down he asks what I do, and I said "oh ****, trust me buddy this thing didn't cost **** and it's costing me even more" got a good laugh on the depre joke, but he points and says, it was that and the duck jacket (Ducati)...my turn to laugh and say "on my body not in my garage.."

Ran my info, wanders back up an says "here's your paperwork back, I didn't add to the pile this time, just slow it down for now"

I have NEVER gotten out of a ticket before owning this car, and this is the 3rd time with a very valid possible ticket, so I really can't see how anyone calls these ticket magnets....Thank god he didn't see me pull my radar detector down when I saw him the first time ;-)

Last edited by citylightva; 01-25-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S
Case in point today, not 20 minutes ago (MD/VA/DC people will get the references), I'm on the access road to Dulles when I notice a Loudoun officer in the left lane on the tollway. Obvious what was going to happen, since I had made a little 60-110 roll a couple miles back that probably got his attention. 55mph speed limits are just retarded these days on a 4 lane highway...cruises next to me for 1/2 mile then falls in behind when we hit the airport and flashes the whirlers...I pull well and safely off, car off, windows down (already most of the way, great day), stereo off, hands on the wheel and looking out the window. Guy said I got you for 75 in a 55, Reckless in VA, license and reg...wrong address on both so as I'm writing mine down he asks what I do, and I said "oh ****, trust me buddy this thing didn't cost **** and it's costing me even more" got a good laugh on the depre joke, but he points and says, it was that and the duck jacket (Ducati)...my turn to laugh and say "on my body not in my garage.."

Ran my info, wanders back up an says "here's your paperwork back, I didn't add to the pile this time, just slow it down for now"

I have NEVER gotten out of a ticket before owning this car, and this is the 3rd time with a very valid possible ticket, so I really can't see how anyone calls these ticket magnets....Thank god he didn't see me pull my radar detector down when I saw him the first time ;-)

Glad you were able to get out of it, heard some horror stories from Virginia. Good job on cracking the joke with the cop, thats a big game changer. And yes, 55 limit is absolutely retarded. Only sane state is NC with 70 speed limit I believe.
Car wasn't much of a magnet stock (just chick magnet of course), but sure is now.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E55Dimon
And yes, 55 limit is absolutely retarded. Only sane state is NC with 70 speed limit I believe.
Car wasn't much of a magnet stock (just chick magnet of course), but sure is now.
We've got more than a few 70 and 75's in DFW...believe the stories, I had 58 points on my license at 20 hahahaha

The magnet came out wrong...never heard yours in person, but I've seen the vids so I can see how stealth isnt a word that your ride can use in a sentence ...

Anyways, it's all just baffling to me how I keep getting the free passes and no complaints here..!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S
How do points work in your state?
Old 01-25-2012, 04:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Current: 2011 W212 Previous: 2008 W211 2006 550 2001 Rover 1997 W210
We've got more than a few 70 and 75's in DFW...believe the stories, I had 58 points on my license at 20 hahahaha

The magnet came out wrong...never heard yours in person, but I've seen the vids so I can see how stealth isnt a word that your ride can use in a sentence ...

Anyways, it's all just baffling to me how I keep getting the free passes and no complaints here..!
Originally Posted by E55Dimon
How do points work in your state?
Wow. Think 58 points in my state of California is auto death penalty...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Managed to get pulled over twice in 3 days..