W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

....Speedriven's Whipple Supercharger Upgrade....

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
It is good that you bring this up (3.2 headers) and I would def not be buying unless everything was ready to go. Its nice being local so I can go over and see what I'm getting before paying for it. (if they get it finished as we hope)
Old 05-21-2012, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Lol, there should be a pool to see when one is actually ready to ship/ be installed
Old 05-21-2012, 11:24 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
Originally Posted by Velociabstract
You should care because Speedriven took deposits and hasn't delivered .... yet. (always an optimist) Why would the whipple project be different? Can't you see what's going on? Hopes raised, deposits taken, no progress on our project, backlog gone, suddenly lots of time to work on a whipple project. Whipple whipple whipple, yes we feel twin screwed. Cancel the project and refund our deposits or get it done.

Les
Couldn't agree more, Les... except I'm out of patience. You definitely have some 'splaining to do, Aleks.

How can you come on here, boasting "We have finally had enough time clear up at the shop to completely focus on the Whipple supercharger" when you haven't given us an UPDATE, let alone photos or dyno numbers of a header build promised to us several months ago?!? On May 4th you promised us all an update "next week". This is after months of NO news... just a "we're working on it" every now and then.

In a post before that you are defending your honor, and are seemingly "shocked" that we would deem you a crook... Yet, here we are with no headers, no progress reports, no refunds of our deposits as promised. But, you have plenty of time to come on here and advertise new goodies.

For the smart*ss that thinks "no one cares" , here are eleven pages of people getting promised a "new exciting product" by Speedriven... only to be where we are now.

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...manifolds.html

If you don't think that's significant, you're one self-absorbed guy.

Then I come on here and see him saying everything is done? All projects cleared out? He has *****, I give him that. But absolutely none of my respect at this point.

Why so harsh?

Since the projects have all been "cleared" he's clearly stating there is no finished header. He's either lying to you guys, to lure you into thinking there will be a focused, quick turnaround (LMAO) or he's lying to the members of another Speedriven group buy, telling us there is a dedicated build going on when clearly that isn't so. Either way, he has lied to one of the parties and I'm sick of it. I don't (knowingly) do business with liars.

If they can't be trusted with the small things, how do you expect them to handle $6,000+ of your hard-earned cash, extensively modifying a motor worth tens-of-thousands without a warranty??? They can't even manage a header build as scheduled.

I will simply say this much: either Speedriven refunds my deposit ASAP, as well as the other deposits requested by disgruntled members, or my new hobby will become telling everyone what a fraud Speedriven is.

This is beyond an oversight. This is borderline theft. When you set the money right, I will set the record straight and correct this post.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:25 PM

SRT-6
Originally Posted by Hulk
Lol, there should be a pool to see when one is actually ready to ship/ be installed
Betting for or against a timely delivery?
Old 05-21-2012, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Do you guys really need to screw up another thread again over your headers
Old 05-21-2012, 11:49 PM

SRT-6
Originally Posted by AKnight55
Your level of apathy about any enthusiast getting screwed is shocking to me...

Regardless of what the platform is -- right is right, wrong is wrong.

We asked for an update. We get nothing. I come on here, and see him petitioning for another (much more expensive) group buy, while also alleging that all other projects are "out of the way".

I seriously don't plan on getting my deposit back. But if that's the case, I want Aleks to come on here in black and white text and admit we got screwed. Or, refund our $$$.

It's not the amount, it's the principle. I would defend you if you got screwed, even if you drive a sedan.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
It is pretty ****ed up that SpeedDriven is parading a new project when another one seems lost at sea. It'd be different if they hadn't taken deposits... Then I would agree with the "no one cares about 3.2 headers" guy.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:53 PM

SRT-6
Originally Posted by Sir-Boost-a-Lot
It is pretty ****ed up that SpeedDriven is parading a new project when another one seems lost at sea. It'd be different if they hadn't taken deposits... Then I would agree with the "no one cares about 3.2 headers" guy.
Thank you. That's my point entirely.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
I can totally see why they would, and should.

I for one am still waiting for a finished product before I say "wow". I would absolutely love for them to complete this kit and sell it, but after the Evo Sport intercooler, Weistec supercharger and Speedriven header fiasco's...I am kinda not waiting for it.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:07 AM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Once again destroying a new project thread that we have poured thousands and thousands of dollars into along with hundreds of hours needs to be ruined because of your consistent ignorance and unbelievable rudeness. We have multiple times offered a refund to those who are unwilling to wait and yet again you can not be civil and must act childish and ruin our good intentions. It is sad that those who were looking forward to our supercharger now have to deal with your utter and horrible rudeness. Please leave this thread and never post on mbworld ever again about the headers. If the header project needs to be scrapped because you can not understand what it was in the first place (a back burner project), so be it. It was done as a favor in the first place and is destroying our passion for making performance kits. We have built the absolute fastest and most powerful Mercedes packages in the world, and the headers serve no purpose to us except to help the community. We are now trying to set records in big hp for the 55 motor and you believe that your headers should take priority? That is pure ignorance. Our reputation speaks for itself and our customers appreciate that to the fullest extent.

Thank you for destroying another thread becuase of your arrogance from a company that actually works with Mercedes as its priority and helps out the community daily. Hopefully a moderator may be able to help and clean the thread so that I can continue to post awesome things, if a mod needs to contact me I am more than willing to help in any way.

And because of your ignorance, others who had questions about the supercharger went unanswered. I will once again start a new thread, if you decide to post in it, there will be no updates on any projects until they are completed. The time needed to babysit these comments takes away from our development time and further prolongs the delivery date of our kits.

Enough is enough.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Speedriven
there will be no updates on any projects until they are completed.
Maybe you should actually do this.

BTW- I didn't start it this time ( nor the last time to be precise ) so I hope you didn't mean me...lol.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:14 AM

SRT-6
Once again destroying a new project thread that we have poured thousands and thousands of dollars into along with hundreds of hours needs to be ruined because of your consistent ignorance and unbelievable rudeness. We have multiple times offered a refund to those who are unwilling to wait and yet again you can not be civil and must act childish and ruin our good intentions. It is sad that those who were looking forward to our supercharger now have to deal with your utter and horrible rudeness. Please leave this thread and never post on mbworld ever again about the headers. If the header project needs to be scrapped because you can not understand what it was in the first place (a back burner project), so be it. It was done as a favor in the first place and is destroying our passion for making performance kits. We have built the absolute fastest and most powerful Mercedes packages in the world, and the headers serve no purpose to us except to help the community. We are now trying to set records in big hp for the 55 motor and you believe that your headers should take priority? That is pure ignorance. Our reputation speaks for itself and our customers appreciate that to the fullest extent.

Thank you for destroying another thread becuase of your arrogance from a company that actually works with Mercedes as its priority and helps out the community daily. Hopefully a moderator may be able to help and clean the thread so that I can continue to post awesome things, if a mod needs to contact me I am more than willing to help in any way.

And because of your ignorance, others who had questions about the supercharger went unanswered. I will once again start a new thread, if you decide to post in it, there will be no updates on any projects until they are completed. The time needed to babysit these comments takes away from our development time and further prolongs the delivery date of our kits.

Enough is enough.
So now we're ignorant? Thanks, I needed that. You're absolutely right -- we were quite ignorant that it would turn into this bull*****. I'm sure the other members in the group buy will love your comments. Steve, Les and I were speaking on behalf of the other members. I'll relay your sentiments to my fellow enthusiasts. I'll save the text for reference on our forums... so even if the mods here wish to hide the truth, it will be kept on our side.

Please continue posting awesome things.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:28 AM

SRT-6
We have multiple times offered a refund to those who are unwilling to wait and yet again you can not be civil and must act childish and ruin our good intentions. It is sad that those who were looking forward to our supercharger now have to deal with your utter and horrible rudeness.
Worth mentioning that both me and Steve asked for a refund on the forum, and it was never granted. This was days ago -- you logged in earlier this morning, am I to assume that you simply overlooked both of our requests when you checked the thread?

But we're the "utter and horribly rude ones"... gotcha.

It's pretty simple -- if anyone here feels confident to give these guys $6,000 and an indefinite time-table, have at it. I'm sure the end result will be a head-turner. All tuners are caveat emptor...

The Crossfire community invested in Speedriven because Speedriven came to us (!!!) and proposed the group buy. We obliged. Now, we're being told that we are a back-burner, sub-standard class of customers that must simply accept our low position on the totem pole.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car

Enough is enough.
Almost everyone here is welcome to post awesome things.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:31 AM

SRT-6
Originally Posted by splinter
Old 05-22-2012, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
That's awesome. lol

Good luck Crossfire guys. Nothing worse than getting poor service and being belittled when you complain.

Finding good service and quality products is becoming more rare these days.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:47 AM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Originally Posted by splinter
Sorry if it came off as harsh in any way. Didn't mean it to be. Only trying to help.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:49 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
I must say, even though this project looks cool, I absolutely hate it when a sponsor screws members

What is worse is you beletling them ...never post? back burner project... am i reading this right ???

Fact that several threads have been brought up about the topic and a response given by so called sponsor...yet no action taken for still dis grunted members, does not speak well for customer service, even worse when you have their cash in your hand as a deposit !

I hope the mater gets resolved and you learn from such issues
Gl to all involved !

Enough is enough.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
until the mods see fit to ban me for exercising my right to post i will continue to inform people about your buisness practices. since i have used no profanity or threatened anyone this shouldnt be an issue. im on 7 different forums and will telling my porsche friends , the lambo guys the ferrari guys and anyone else who will listen just how you really feel about the people who send money to speedriven.
as for destroying your thread it took this level of posting to get my deposit back. you have had my cell # email and paypal info for over 7 months and only now hrs after calling you out do i get my deposit back. was this an attempt to quell the storm coming your way?
let me apologize to the other members on here for disturbing the thread. i know my car isnt the beast yours is but my money is just as good and it took this to get it back. again i apologize and will see many of you at timmayfest

marcin i hope you are reading the crap he posts as it is a direct refection on you and your company and for the record you still owe me 3.20$ but hey whos counting?

Last edited by 320 dreamer; 05-22-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Teaser threads suck.

When you finish building something awesome, collect actual test results and are ready to take orders......post up. Otherwise this will end up being another overhyped thread that goes nowhere.

-G
Old 05-22-2012, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
You are such a hypocrite. How many threads have you screwed up in support of others you feel was wronged by a vendor? Where is your support for Kreuzfeuer and 320 Dreamer?

Last edited by jcjmw; 05-22-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML320cdi, F250dsl.
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
until the mods see fit to ban me for exercising my right to post i will continue to inform people about your buisness practices. since i have used no profanity or threatened anyone this shouldnt be an issue. im on 7 different forums and will telling my porsche friends , the lambo guys the ferrari guys and anyone else who will listen just how you really feel about the people who send money to speedriven.
as for destroying your thread it took this level of posting to get my deposit back. you have had my cell # email and paypal info for over 7 months and only now hrs after calling you out do i get my deposit back. was this an attempt to quell the storm coming your way?
let me apologize to the other members on here for disturbing the thread. i know my car isnt the beast yours is but my money is just as good and it took this to get it back. again i apologize and will see many of you at timmayfest

marcin i hope you are reading the crap he posts as it is a direct refection on you and your company and for the record you still owe me 3.20$ but hey whos counting?
Steve I have been reading it. I sent you your $100 deposit back last night because honestly I am sick of the drama and bs. Today I will be sending everyone their $100 dollar deposit back. The shorty header build was mention before winter as we were not expecting to be really bussy and figure we could get a car in the door and make a set, fit it, test it and reproduce. One gentleman offered to drop his car of before he left for the winter, but we missed that oppertunity and after he left we obviously were left without a car.

Obviously you are pissed and on a mission here. This started when Fedex lost you tcu for a week when you sent it to us to flash with a stock file because you were unhappy with another tuner's tune. When Aleks put up a screen shot of the fedex page of when the label was made, printed and so on you proceeded to start calling him a liar and that he photoshopped the image. You can call them and give them the tracking number and have them email or fax the same info that Aleks displayed if you still are having doubts about that. But honestly you and I both know that the info on that screen was correct you just wanted to make a sceen.

With that said I will be sending everyone their $100 deposit back today. At some point I would like to finish the headers, but without having a car at the shop that we can document a pre and post dyno on. I am unable to give anyone a finish date. I have a motor on a stand and 2 local 55k cars that I can move forward on with the whipple. I do not have a 32k at my disposal. We originally were going to try the whipple conversion on Rudy's 32 first but the down time of the car presented a transportation issue for him, so we began working on the v8 kit instead.

Marcin
Old 05-22-2012, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by jcjmw
You are such a hypocrite. How many threads have you screwed up in support of others you feel was wronged by a vendor? Where is your support for Kreuzfeuer and 320 Dreamer?
Its a measly $100.. Not thousands that you are comparing it too.. Not comparable my friend.. What threads have I screwed up?
Old 05-22-2012, 09:57 AM

SRT-6
Originally Posted by Dsmed
Steve I have been reading it. I sent you your $100 deposit back last night because honestly I am sick of the drama and bs. Today I will be sending everyone their $100 dollar deposit back. The shorty header build was mention before winter as we were not expecting to be really bussy and figure we could get a car in the door and make a set, fit it, test it and reproduce. One gentleman offered to drop his car of before he left for the winter, but we missed that oppertunity and after he left we obviously were left without a car.

With that said I will be sending everyone their $100 deposit back today. At some point I would like to finish the headers, but without having a car at the shop that we can document a pre and post dyno on. I am unable to give anyone a finish date. I have a motor on a stand and 2 local 55k cars that I can move forward on with the whipple. I do not have a 32k at my disposal. We originally were going to try the whipple conversion on Rudy's 32 first but the down time of the car presented a transportation issue for him, so we began working on the v8 kit instead.

Marcin
Thank you for stepping up with the intent to make things right.

I've said it numerous times on this forum and on my home forum -- specifically in the header thread, linked above -- Speedriven has always been known as a very reputable company. It is because of this reputation that I (and nine other members) didn't think twice about the investment. We knew Rudy, we knew Marcin, we knew Speedriven. Those three names were synonymous with quality, high-end performance and we knew that if anyone could come through for us, it would be you guys.

The Crossfires have always had a tiny aftermarket... so a big name such as Speedriven had us all drooling. Combine that with the 20-30 RWHP gains projected, and you guys had the initial ten spots fill pretty quickly. As the thread evolved, so did interest... and ultimately, disappointment.

Bad things happen in business, but the employee representing the company can either calm the situation or make it worse. I know this all too well, as I am an IHPR/Technical Support Agent for the entire Nissan/Infiniti dealer network. Customer support is my profession.

My opinion of Marcin remains positive, as I don't think the comments by Aleks are reflective of the high standards held by Marcin/Speedriven. It's a shame this group-buy had to erode to this level. Rest assured, once my deposit is refunded, I won't speak another ill word on the forums about Speedriven, and I wish any future MB-World customers of Speedriven the best.

Best regards,

--John
Old 05-22-2012, 10:04 AM

SRT-6
Its a measly $100.. Not thousands that you are comparing it too.. Not comparable my friend.
Right.

If you took your wife out to Outback and ordered a filet mignon, and it was loaded with gristle and fat, would you order another one at your cost? Or would you chew through the gristle, and like it?

I highly doubt it. You'd raise hell with the manager and demand a replacement, as you should. It's only $25, but it isn't about the money. It's about the poor experience.

$100 won't change my life in the slightest. I could immediately pay cash for this pie-in-the-sky Whipple upgrade he's teasing you with.

Again, it isn't about the $$$. It's about the respect. I'll give $1,000 to a person in need... but don't steal $10 from me.

Cheers,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: ....Speedriven's Whipple Supercharger Upgrade....