Recaro, Bride, or Sparco?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Ducati
Recaro, Bride, or Sparco?

Contemplating replacing my front seats with some racing seats....

Want to know what seat(s)/color you guys think I should go with...

Right now I am thinking of a pair of Recaro SPGs in Red or a pair of Bride Zetas in Red...

Last edited by justinwrock; 05-23-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
93' Ultrasonic Blue Mica LS6/T56 RX7 R1 weekend/ 2007 4Runner V8/ 08' prius
Recaro has the nicest seats that I would consider installing in an E55. You will save a lot of weight if you do go that route. Make sure you go with a reclining seat unless you want things a bit uncomfortable.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
Recall does make some nice seats but the factory seats are the best thing about this car next to the powertrain!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Just ordered some Status for my GT-R.

They are very nice, very tight and light as fuuuuuuuuu.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:56 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS63S
Bride's are made for small Japanese guys. I ordered Bride seats for my Z, installed them and returned them shortly after. I'm 6'1 215, and my butt was VERY snug in the seats. Great for racing but not for everyday, and since all of my friends are bigger than Iam, they couldnt ride in my car. I traded those in for some Status seats and they provided a bit more room and had more cushion for everyday driving.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:21 PM

E55 AMG, 72' Toyota Carina, 63' Ford F100, 72' Mercedes 250c, 15' Harley Davidson Softail
how is the install on this? I was thinking of doing this as well but with heated/vented seats and the airbags it makes me a bit cautious.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
one car at a time
Recaros will be the nicest, but the SPG is a track seat and really will not be good for a street car IMHO....As TS recommended, if you are hell bent on getting a different seat, get a Recaro designed for street use (that is of course you are planning on turning the e55 into a "race car")....
Old 05-23-2012, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ducati
Originally Posted by cij911
Recaros will be the nicest, but the SPG is a track seat and really will not be good for a street car IMHO....As TS recommended, if you are hell bent on getting a different seat, get a Recaro designed for street use (that is of course you are planning on turning the e55 into a "race car")....
Hehehe, well...

Old 05-23-2012, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
If you decide on Brides.......
Look out for the authentic brides to make sure they are made in Japan
The knock off brides are made in Canada and Taiwan.
I have been told since Brides has not trademarked the name in the US allows the knocks offs to be sold as Brides.
The only way to know for sure is cost difference and the retailer is upfront about their origins.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
I vote for Status seats. They are great, may be a lil tight for some, but they hold you in REALLY well. I weighed the stock seat and it came in right at around 60lbs.-62lbs. My Status seat came in at 12lbs if I'm not mistaken. Side and base mounts included, I think the total came out to 16lbs. or so? Definitely saved A LOT of weight.

Originally Posted by tgoss
Just ordered some Status for my GT-R.

They are very nice, very tight and light as fuuuuuuuuu.
Yes they are...

Can't wait to see yours my friend!

Originally Posted by justinwrock
Hehehe, well...

Love to see fellow 211 AMG's on the track!
Old 05-23-2012, 02:05 PM
3WD
SPONSOR

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Car
Hello,

We would highly suggest either Recaro or Brides, both excellent seats.....Let us know if you need a quote on either brands.

Thank you
Old 05-23-2012, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
I vote for Status seats. They are great, may be a lil tight for some, but they hold you in REALLY well. I weighed the stock seat and it came in right at around 60lbs.-62lbs. My Status seat came in at 12lbs if I'm not mistaken. Side and base mounts included, I think the total came out to 16lbs. or so? Definitely saved A LOT of weight.

Yes they are...

Can't wait to see yours my friend!

Love to see fellow 211 AMG's on the track!

That looks so wrong for so many reasons. How does your E55 not blow up on a road course? I'm afraid if I use my E55 for even one session it'll explode. It's too heavy, and creates too much heat from the engine.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
i could never see my self getting rid of the nice amg seats for some of those seats
Old 05-23-2012, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
BenzoBoi's Stauts seats are f***ing SICK!!
Too bad I couldn't get my fat *** to fit in them.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ducati
Originally Posted by TS Motorsport
That looks so wrong for so many reasons. How does your E55 not blow up on a road course? I'm afraid if I use my E55 for even one session it'll explode. It's too heavy, and creates too much heat from the engine.
Looks fine to me! How can you not take an E55 to the track?!?!

Old 05-23-2012, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by berti_00
i could never see my self getting rid of the nice amg seats for some of those seats
I could.

Why would it blow up?
This is a PERFORMANCE car. That's what its made for.

Last edited by _AMG_; 05-23-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
A E55 on a road course is strange indeed.
A old skool M5 fits the bill nicely

A E55 should be waiting for you outside a nice expensive restaurant.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
The 55's and 63's are a lot more fun to hustle around than most people think...They aren't carbon and crazy like the Brides and Status', but the Sparco Fighter seats have always been some of my favorite...
Old 05-23-2012, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Hehehe, well...

Thank Jeebus you are ahead of that Miata!

I often thought about revisiting my youth and getting another 3rd gen RX7 to run around a track in, but alas, marriage and kids derailed that plan!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by _AMG_
I could.

Why would it blow up?
This is a PERFORMANCE car. That's what its made for.
The E55 was not meant for circuit racing!

I've raced many different cars on many different race tracks. I know for a fact that being on a race track and pushing the car 8/10 or more will damage it to a certain extent. With these cars, there are many variables not on your side; weight, the braking system, weight, the supercharger cooling, weight, tire limitations, etc.

The ones who do race their E55's I can almost guarantee that you don't even come close to anything that's fast let alone break records. Try racing here in southern california where the temps get to 105+ in the summer time.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen heavy cars on the track such as a X6M but it wasn't really moving. I've also seen a prius on a race track pass most people racing.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
So the only reason to go to the track is break some records..??
Old 05-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

W221
How does it not blow up? You should take it out once. You'd be surprised. I'm not saying it's going to be nimble and take turns like a smaller car, but you'd be surprised.Not saying mine is bomb-proof but it handles it's own for what it is. I've blown up lots of things at the 1/4 mile track yes. Since then I've built them stronger so it doesn't blow up again. *knock on wood . You're right on one thing...it IS heavy. It does create heat too but that's where the cooling mods come in, no? Upgraded HE and a trunk tank will help IMMENSELY with the heat. I'm not saying it cures it, but it helps. I'm a lil faster than stock and I'm also not riding on crapmatic anymore. I take out the 55 on the track because I can. I take it to the track during the day on a weekend and I take it straight to a nice restaurant with friends after on the way home. Power mods, lightening what I can on the car, coilover conversion, R-comp tires would do wonders on the 211. Like you said, it is no race/track car indeed, but why are there so many people that take their benz's to the track? It's probably because they can. I'm sure we are all in the position to be able to buy a more track purpose car but some people just get a kick out of going fast down the 1/4 mile or around a turn at the track in a benz.
Looks fine to me! How can you not take an E55 to the track?!?!

Absolutely right. Car looks GREAT on the track btw... Did the quarter mile thing for a while and ended up happy with what I was able to do with what I had on pump gas. Then moved on to the other track with the twisties...

Originally Posted by moosejaw
A E55 on a road course is strange indeed.
A old skool M5 fits the bill nicely

A E55 should be waiting for you outside a nice expensive restaurant.
A long track day does work up an appetite. A nice restaurant is a perfect way to relax after a track day. The E55 is also the perfect car to take it to after a track day.
The E55 was not meant for circuit racing!

I've raced many different cars on many different race tracks. I know for a fact that being on a race track and pushing the car 8/10 or more will damage it to a certain extent. With these cars, there are many variables not on your side; weight, the braking system, weight, the supercharger cooling, weight, tire limitations, etc.

The ones who do race their E55's I can almost guarantee that you don't even come close to anything that's fast let alone break records. Try racing here in southern california where the temps get to 105+ in the summer time.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen heavy cars on the track such as a X6M but it wasn't really moving. I've also seen a prius on a race track pass most people racing.
So...what you're saying is that the only people on the track should be people with cars that weigh next to a few torque wrenches and a bottle of water wetter? I go to plenty of track days with lots of people on this forum and I agree, I sometimes see cars that make me scratch my head as to why they're here. But isn't it about having fun with what you have? I could get another car more oriented for the track but I like taking my daily driving benz. I know I'm no Michal Schumacher and my car isn't a "race car" but I take it out because I enjoy taking my fat, heavy, slow, benz around a track. It's all about how you enjoy your car, wouldn't you agree?
Old 05-23-2012, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Love that pic on the corkscrew
Old 05-23-2012, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Dang, Kevlar backs. Sun you are BALLIN homie!

I should have mine installed next week sometime. Red buckets in godzilla should look sick and do the job.

Sounds like we got a coward.

You'd be surprised man! It holds it's own and preforms very well if you have some basic cooling mods and some sticky rubber.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by AKnight55
Love that pic on the corkscrew
Me too I have a lot pics from that day but I liked that one the most.
Originally Posted by tgoss
Dang, Kevlar backs. Sun you are BALLIN homie!

I should have mine installed next week sometime. Red buckets in godzilla should look sick and do the job.

Sounds like we got a coward.

You'd be surprised man! It holds it's own and preforms very well if you have some basic cooling mods and some sticky rubber.
Far from it Tal! Right place at the right time for a great deal. I just got lucky Can't wait to see how sick yours comes out!

The car with better tires alone does wonders on the track, now imagine having more power, more cooling, coilovers, and r-comps. I'm sure it'll be a BIG difference. No race car but definitely noticeable.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Recaro, Bride, or Sparco?