W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Quick review on the Renntech Pulley/ECU upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 10:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quick review on the Renntech Pulley/ECU upgrade

When this upgrade was done I wasn't in the same city as the car so my apologies for a lack of pictures and details. All I can provide are my experiences and subjective comments. They weren't able to do a dyno pull thanks to the ESP (they don't have a STAR diagnostic system and can't 'trick' the wheel sensor) so I don't have that data either.

Now that I've driven the car a few hundred miles since installation and it's had time to adapt I've noticed that the throttle response has largely gone back to normal (it was VERY touchy when first done) although the car still will leap forward at half throttle depending on how vigorously I depress the pedal. The car hasn't really gotten much faster than it was at first but it's much smoother now. The acceleration is still as brutal as it was when I first picked it up after the pulley/ECU mod, and I'm still amazed at just how fast the car is. It really shoves you back into the seat, especially when floored at around 30MPH. The biggest improvement I've seen is in midrange torque, the high end doesn't feel like it's had all that much of an improvement. Still, the car accelerates with much more vigor from 90-100 MPH and is quickly at 140 without even trying. The normal E55 is more than enough for most people but if you're an utter speedfreak, the upgrade is worth it.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AT least I am not the only one to have issues with the E55 on the dyno. Did they even try? I have still not solved this problem.....