Sponsored by:

Jerry EC tune = 605whp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
That weistec file had to have been jacked up, man. Jerry did an amazing job of writing a file for this one-off build. And from SCRATCH, nonetheless.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:52 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
That weistec file had to have been jacked up, man. Jerry did an amazing job of writing a file for this one-off build. And from SCRATCH, nonetheless.
ya it was pretty bad

and the winner.....

Old 09-17-2013, 11:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by stockC43
I think you should put the old file back in. Your making more power at 42mph. Lol

Nice gains, that's crazy. Can't wait to see some street/track vids.

They will be coming soon. I love the track
Originally Posted by Thericker
Congratz on new hp/tq Ahmad, you def deserve it bud! Good luck on breaking into 9's etc
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
ONE thing I don't understand Ahmad?? How was it that you already went into the 10s on 400 + HP? (First dyno run HP) . Seems to me, a car in the 10s is more like 600+ already??? Did it really gain that much HP on a tune alone??
I went into the tens with a completely different setup including supercharger. I was making upper 4xx whp on a friends dyno that reads super low when I ran 10.5x Then I added more stuff and made 510whp but never got a clean pass before the motor blew. Later I decided to make some changes. The first dyno pull was 437 and that was with the same hardware it made 605 with. Hope that clears up the confusion.
The dyno he normally uses is a historically low reading dyno. Like 10-15% less than a dyno dynamics. I know, because I've been on that same dyno.
This!
Originally Posted by JamE55
Congrats Ahmad! 695whp is no joke!

Just to be clear all hardware is Weistec and tuning is all EC right?
Thanks!

No, the only thing Weistec is the SC. Most hardware is NOT Weistec. But yes tuning is Eurocharged.
Originally Posted by loungn14
he ran 10's with his previous setup (kleeman blower) And yes it did. He has a pretty detailed build thread on this section of the board detailing his nightmare. (weistec clk55 thread)

605 And yes, the graph he posted is the file that was on the car before we got it and when we were done for the night. I see him hitting over 700whp before very long. (and 9's in the next week or so)

Exactly

Haha I hope you're right!!!
He did a great job in such a short period of time. I was grinning from ear to ear after all the bs I had to deal with
Originally Posted by loungn14
ya it was pretty bad

and the winner.....
Yay I win!!! Where's my TV? lol jk
Old 09-17-2013, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
The dyno he normally uses is a historically low reading dyno. Like 10-15% less than a dyno dynamics. I know, because I've been on that same dyno.
Maybe more like 25% low!
Old 09-18-2013, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by JamE55
Congrats Ahmad! 695whp is no joke!

Just to be clear all hardware is Weistec and tuning is all EC right?
I did not see a 695whp dyno chart. Am I missing something?

The dyno graph shows a spike to 605whp at the very end. Correction factor was STD instead of SAE. If you converting STD to SAE then it should be lower not higher, right?

It appears that the 437rwhp pull was an aborted run. it did not even reach over 100mph before the curve dropped off and the AFR does not make any sense. It spikes off the chart looking dangerous and then drops below the chart the rest of the short run.

Finally, the dyno operator should have set the correct date before the runs ( 7/30/11?)

This does not look like a meaningful comparative at all.

Last edited by AMGSC; 09-18-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts
2006 E55
695 was a typo, car made 605..
Old 09-18-2013, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
695/605, end of the day what matters to Ahmad is the timeslip, not dyno graph/chart.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 60nomad
Maybe more like 25% low!
I can't remember exactly how much lower ISP's dyno reads, according to the owner. But anyone that has ever been on it, has ended up with the same WTF face. But as stated above, a dyno number is just that.... a number. Forget about the number, and concentrate on the GAIN that Eurocharged was able to get out of her in 2 hours, after 20 hours of custom dyno tuning by the other guys. Same day, same strap down, same dyno, same dyno operator. Furthermore, peak gain isn't even that important, but rather across the whole RPM band. Mind boggling, really. And the AFR is money...

I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. Just looks like that, because I quoted you.

Ahmad, do you remember what the story is with Peter's dyno? And people think Dyno Dynamics are heart breakers...

BTW Ahmad, I ended up meeting Peter's best friend the night before. He ended up driving me and my lovely around from the hotel to bar to hotel, because I didn't want to get behind the wheel of the SL. SUPER nice dude, named John. You probably know him....

What a longshot chance meeting....

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 09-18-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Maybe more like 25% low!
Haha it definitely reads low. I made 480whp on that dyno one day and a week later made over 600 on a load bearing dyno. They are just numbers. I use it for tuning and relative gains.
Originally Posted by AMGSC

The dyno graph shows a spike to 605whp at the very end. Correction factor was STD instead of SAE. If you converting STD to SAE then it should be lower not higher, right?

It appears that the 437rwhp pull was an aborted run. it did not even reach over 100mph before the curve dropped off and the AFR does not make any sense. It spikes off the chart looking dangerous and then drops below the chart the rest of the short run.

Finally, the dyno operator should have set the correct date before the runs ( 7/30/11?)

It made 605whp.

Spike? I wouldn't call that a spike but ok it made 599whp. Better? What if I said it made 200whp? Its just a tool for tuning relative to when it started.

Aborted run? Look at the AFR, if the dyno operator (not me) had let out the AFR would have come up right? Do you see the AFR lean out as the speed increases? I see a super lean condition followed by super rich for an extended amount of time. Dyno operator applies the throttle, its the tune that dictates the AFR read by the dyno. You can clearly see the power starting to drop and continuing to drop for an extended time. I'm not washing down my cylinders after it is CLEAR that the car is losing power. I am actually happy the pull didn't continue. If I was behind the wheel I would have stopped it long before.

Wow. Ok lets discredit a dyno because the computer is new and the date/time isn't set correctly yet Anything else?

I don't know how much more meaningful it can get. Same dyno, within two hours, same fuel, same hardware. What else would you like to see? I also ran my car at the track with the Weistec tune. Maybe a meaningful comparison will be when I run it again with the Eurocharged tune? I feel like I gave Weistec ample time and opportunities to tune my car (at a cost of thousands of dollars to me). I even spoke with them prior to Jerry coming and made sure they were ok with him tuning the car. I felt that waiting months for simple reflashes was unacceptable. Jerry responds to me quickly and works hard to fix any issues that arise. I wish I could say the same for Weistec. All it took was 2 hours to get it right.

I just have one request. Weistec has their own screen name and they also have my cell number. If they want to say something they can post or contact me any time. There is no need for puppets/parrots. I have nothing personal against Weistec. I do have a few issues with my interaction with them though: 1) Customer service 2) Empty promises 3) High IAT issues etc. They did a good job manufacturing hardware (overlooking the high IATs by a possible design flaw which should have been picked up prior to release to the public) and have built some fast cars. There's no denying that. Have to give credit where it is due.

Originally Posted by ArmoE55
695 was a typo, car made 605..
Exactly.
Originally Posted by novae500
695/605, end of the day what matters to Ahmad is the timeslip, not dyno graph/chart.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!!!
I can't remember exactly how much lower ISP's dyno reads, according to the owner. But anyone that has ever been on it, has ended up with the same WTF face. But as stated above, a dyno number is just that.... a number. Forget about the number, and concentrate on the GAIN that Eurocharged was able to get out of her in 2 hours, after 20 hours of custom dyno tuning by the other guys. Same day, same strap down, same dyno, same dyno operator. Furthermore, peak gain isn't even that important, but rather across the whole RPM band. Mind boggling, really. And the AFR is money...

I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. Just looks like that, because I quoted you.

Ahmad, do you remember what the story is with Peter's dyno? And people think Dyno Dynamics are heart breakers...

BTW Ahmad, I ended up meeting Peter's best friend the night before. He ended up driving me and my lovely around from the hotel to bar to hotel, because I didn't want to get behind the wheel of the SL. SUPER nice dude, named John. You probably know him....

ISP's dyno reads very low. I ran 10.5 with about 480whp. There were other 10s cars that made right around 500whp on that dyno. Give me a low dyno all day as long as it runs fast! I use dynos as tuning tools, nothing more.

Yea he is a really nice guy! Small world
Old 09-18-2013, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Cool

Peters (ISP) dyno reads a solid 40hp low. I made 560 at peters then 619 a couple weeks later on another dyno jet. Can't wait to see Ahmad break some records now.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 E55 AMG, 13 C63 AMG
That is very odd that his DynoJet reads so differently than other DynoJets. That is the beauty of the DynoJet is consistency from one to another.

Something must be jacked up like his drum info is set wrong or the weight is off or something.

I dynoed one of my trucks on a DynoJet in California and then drove it across the US back home and dynoed it on another DynoJet and it was within two HP. It is very hard to replicate that with other brands.

G
Old 09-18-2013, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
Peters (ISP) dyno reads a solid 40hp low. I made 560 at peters then 619 a couple weeks later on another dyno jet. Can't wait to see Ahmad break some records now.
619-560 is damn near 60HP.

But it would be a % less, not a hard number, for every vehicle, no?

Originally Posted by Gadget@URD
That is very odd that his DynoJet reads so differently than other DynoJets. That is the beauty of the DynoJet is consistency from one to another.

Something must be jacked up like his drum info is set wrong or the weight is off or something.

I dynoed one of my trucks on a DynoJet in California and then drove it across the US back home and dynoed it on another DynoJet and it was within two HP. It is very hard to replicate that with other brands.

G
Maybe built-in floor dyno vs. above ground?

Hell if I know.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 09-18-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
619-560 is damn near 60HP.

But it would be a % less, not a hard number, for every vehicle, no?

Maybe built-in floor dyno vs. above ground?

Hell if know.
My 619 run was on a 40 degree day and the 2nd pull so engine was still cold. I figured that was worth an easy 20hp over the 560 dyno. I would guess its about 40hp low on most cars. The crazy thing is he's had several cars over 1000hp on there.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
2018 C63S
That's a BEAST !!!!
Old 09-18-2013, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by novae500
100%

Also 100%

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Haha it definitely reads low. I made 480whp on that dyno one day and a week later made over 600 on a load bearing dyno. They are just numbers. I use it for tuning and relative gains.

Spike? I wouldn't call that a spike but ok it made 599whp. Better? What if I said it made 200whp? Its just a tool for tuning relative to when it started.

Wow. Ok lets discredit a dyno because the computer is new and the date/time isn't set correctly yet Anything else?

I don't know how much more meaningful it can get. Same dyno, within two hours, same fuel, same hardware. What else would you like to see? I also ran my car at the track with the Weistec tune. Maybe a meaningful comparison will be when I run it again with the Eurocharged tune? I feel like I gave Weistec ample time and opportunities to tune my car (at a cost of thousands of dollars to me). I even spoke with them prior to Jerry coming and made sure they were ok with him tuning the car. I felt that waiting months for simple reflashes was unacceptable. Jerry responds to me quickly and works hard to fix any issues that arise. I wish I could say the same for Weistec. All it took was 2 hours to get it right.

I just have one request. Weistec has their own screen name and they also have my cell number. If they want to say something they can post or contact me any time. There is no need for puppets/parrots. I have nothing personal against Weistec. I do have a few issues with my interaction with them though: 1) Customer service 2) Empty promises 3) High IAT issues etc. They did a good job manufacturing hardware (overlooking the high IATs by a possible design flaw which should have been picked up prior to release to the public) and have built some fast cars. There's no denying that. Have to give credit where it is due.

ISP's dyno reads very low. I ran 10.5 with about 480whp. There were other 10s cars that made right around 500whp on that dyno. Give me a low dyno all day as long as it runs fast! I use dynos as tuning tools, nothing more.
The real people know that any dyno is exactly as you stated...only a gauge!

I don't know what the debate is over the date and the other mumbo jumbo...the whole bit is laughable!

...and Weistec just simply dropped the ball on this one and a few others that I have read about! They have no defense in my opinion bc this is NOT the only one!

I actually love the 10.50 with 480rwhp!!! F**kin love it! For the guys who believe that dyno runs mean 'everything' I hope this proves that you should change your tune! ...and I don't mean 'tune'! I'm talking melody!

If I use blckbenzz dyno numbers then Urbamworm should be in the 8's!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost, 03 e46 M3 (sold), 05 E55 (build is on), 03 Escalade (going to sell)

So do we have any dyno numbers yet from your weistec set up? Just wondering. Seems like you jumped in the thread just to discredit a guy that has been extremely patient and just wanted his car running and tuned Most of us on the forum are excited for any forum member to make progress on their build. Ahmad has been through hell trying to get his car running. Excited to see the beast alive!!! Ahmad deserves it.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by pas6201
So do we have any dyno numbers yet from your weistec set up? Just wondering. Seems like you jumped in the thread just to discredit a guy that has been extremely patient and just wanted his car running and tuned Most of us on the forum are excited for any forum member to make progress on their build. Ahmad has been through hell trying to get his car running. Excited to see the beast alive!!! Ahmad deserves it.
YOU TELL HIM!

He must work for Weistec or something!

Look at his cars! Weistec c55! Something is fishy here! Sniff sniff!
Old 09-19-2013, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD

G
I've been told the same thing by every dyno shop owner about Dynojets. Even a place that has a DD, DJ, Mustang and one other brand in the same shop (The Dyno Shop in San Diego) told me about cars including mine that ran on both types of dynos with the same car same day. I would check the drum bearings to see if something is causign excess friction. Inertia dynos cannot be manipulated like load bearing dyno's.

Dynojets here in Cali all read about the same given the same weather conditions, altitude and fan size and speed. Been to practically all of them in So Cal with my trials and tribulations.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

YOU TELL HIM!

He must work for Weistec or something!

Look at his cars! Weistec c55! Something is fishy here! Sniff sniff!
Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to see Ahmad be successful. He is taking all the risks so I won't have to.

BUT I think all the NA 55 owners who are interested in a game changer that can level the playing field against the 55K owners want a turn-key solution. I would not consider Ahmad's solution a bolt-on and go kit. Hopefully in about a month, all NA 55 owners can achieve power numbers close to Ahmad's. Although I don't think his upcoming quarter mile time can be matched since he will so much lighter than other stock chasis and interiors, custom headlight intake, use of Meth, leaded race gas and the fastest strip in the country.

Last edited by AMGSC; 09-19-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Thumbs up

lol at the guys pissing on this thread.

Let her rip at the ‘strip instead…those are the numbers I/we give a snap about. :D
Good luck Ahmad!
Old 09-19-2013, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I've been told the same thing by every dyno shop owner about Dynojets. Even a place that has a DD, DJ, Mustang and one other brand in the same shop (The Dyno Shop in San Diego) told me about cars including mine that ran on both types of dynos with the same car same day. I would check the drum bearings to see if something is causign excess friction. Inertia dynos cannot be manipulated like load bearing dyno's.

Dynojets here in Cali all read about the same given the same weather conditions, altitude and fan size and speed. Been to practically all of them in So Cal with my trials and tribulations.
Why would 1 shop have 4 dynos? And furthermore, why 4 different dyno manufacturers? I can understand having 1 load bearing and 1 non-load bearing, but 4 different manufacturers?

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 09-19-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Weistec has supposed 1000+hp cars not even running in the 9s yet. That should be 8 second power. Give a 200whp dyno and a 8 second car all day long

Originally Posted by Need4Speed
That's a BEAST !!!!
Thanks!
The real people know that any dyno is exactly as you stated...only a gauge!

I don't know what the debate is over the date and the other mumbo jumbo...the whole bit is laughable!

...and Weistec just simply dropped the ball on this one and a few others that I have read about! They have no defense in my opinion bc this is NOT the only one!

I actually love the 10.50 with 480rwhp!!! F**kin love it! For the guys who believe that dyno runs mean 'everything' I hope this proves that you should change your tune! ...and I don't mean 'tune'! I'm talking melody!

Haha I agree.
Originally Posted by pas6201
Thanks Paul

Who cares? Guess that means your car is weak everywhere then huh? You've been copying me for years and always bitter because I've always been faster.
Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to see Ahmad be successful. He is taking all the risks so I won't have to.

BUT I think all the NA 55 owners who are interested in a game changer that can level the playing field against the 55K owners want a turn-key solution. I would not consider Ahmad's solution a bolt-on and go kit. Hopefully in about a month, all NA 55 owners can achieve power numbers close to Ahmad's. Although I don't think his upcoming quarter mile time can be matched since he will so much lighter than other stock chasis and interiors, custom headlight intake, use of Meth, leaded race gas and the fastest strip in the country.
If NA 55 owners are interested in levelling the playing field NOW it has been available for many many years now. It is called a KLEEMANN supercharger and have one of the BEST customer service I have ever dealt with!

There you go again mouthing off without knowing your facts. My car is FULL interior and weighs MORE than a stock car. It only has a carbon fiber hood which doesn't even come close to making up for the additional weight I've added to the car. Weistec has seen the car and knows this and so has everyone that saw my car at Eurocharged open house or anywhere else. If I feel the need to lighten it up I will. Just by reading your sig you have more weight modifications than me Fiberglass hood, fenders, braille battery etc etc. The custom headlight intake doesn't even work anymore because of the poor intake design by Weistec. I am not currently using meth. I'd liketo see how you will address your high IATs with the Weistec blower. Oops I mean how they will address your high IATs sorry. Cruising with IATs at almost 40 degrees above ambient is ridiculous! And I'm not the only one with their blower with these issues. How they can release a KIT to the public like that I don't know. They supposedly had test cars running around in Cali heat and didn't notice this? Weistec's suggestion to fix that? Alter the intake THEY sold in their KIT and buy their trunk tank. As if changing my trunk from mine to theirs is going to magically reduce IATs 40 degrees. Laughable at best. If there is no issue then why is Weistec redesigning their intake system now??? I can use unleaded race gas as well, I wasn't willing to risk blowing my motor so I decided to tune with race gas (Weistec told me to run C16 with their tune so I have no idea why you are even bringing this up), and I will run faster than you at ANY strip in the country. Yea I said it! So hurry up and get your car running, the timeline Weistec gave you on completing the car is fast approaching.

The point of my car is not to mass produce kits for Weistec. It is built for my enjoyment and I will do with it as I please.

AGAIN, if Weistec wants to say something to me post under their own account or pick up the phone. I don't want to talk to a puppet
Originally Posted by splinter
lol at the guys pissing on this thread.

Let her rip at the ‘strip instead…those are the numbers I/we give a snap about.
Good luck Ahmad!
Haters. I will definitely be running at the strip. It's what I do, I don't give a crap about a dyno number. Funny thing is this guy has never even run tens or close to it. Just writing checks to different companies not knowing what he's talking about. He THOUGHT he was the first NA 55 to get a Weistec blower (because they told him that) until he saw that I had posted pictures of it on my car MONTHS ago He still THINKS he has a 3.0L supercharger going on his car. Sorry buddy Whipple makes a 2.9L, are you trying to round up to compensate for other shortcomings?

Last edited by blackbenzz; 09-19-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
What?!? I only have 480whp!!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The difference between you and I is this. I am hoping best for the MB community (NA55 modders) while you are hoping the best for yourself. I think they calll that a narcissist. You love the praise from eveybody else but Weistec is simply tryinng to deliver a product people love.

And you and I both know the Kleemann blower is inadequate compared to the OEM 55K blower! I have a broken Kleeemann blower here to prove it. Why didn't you just get another Kleemann instead of begging for a Weistec at a discount instead? I think it is quite unfair to bash them when the core of your system is the Weistec.

You may end up with the fastest aftermarket SC 55 in the country but other NA55 owners with the soon to be released standard kit will be 90-95% as strong or fast but not risk blowing another motor.

I hope all your fans are not just egging you on to see you pop another motor and enjoying your trials and tribulations vicariously without any consequences.

Last edited by AMGSC; 09-19-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Jeez somethings NEVER change.. Robert, just what is the estimated total you've currently thrown @ your c55 nightmare? $150k-200k+?? & weren't you supposed to be giving it to your son about now? Lol let the 1/4 champ run his car & then chime in if you dare?

Remember like 2+ years ago? I quoted your rediculous claim in my Sig, of running 1st 9 sec MB in world lol you're the proverbial goat chasing the latest manufacturers tasty carrot, though you never quite get it do you? Ha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jerry EC tune = 605whp