MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   What is this E63 Worth? (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/524803-what-e63-worth.html)

adlong 12-21-2013 09:36 AM

What is this E63 Worth?

New member here. Always wanted an E63, have had Supras, Vipers, etc but never a fun daily.

I'm going to go look at this car and was wondering if someone could give me an expert opinion as to value? I plan to buy an extended warranty and probably do a pre-purchase inspection at local MB Dealer. Thank you for any help!

http://www.darcarstoyota.com/used/Me...08156c9803.htm

Critter 12-21-2013 12:13 PM

I like it, try to get a reduction on the price as anyone would do, extended warranty would be a plus. 30K is reasonable for this car, check the back tires though especially the rear passenger, get it on a hoist and rotate each tire looking for odd wear on the outer edges. See it they are the same brand all around IE Michelins or continental or whatever. Look at the front rotors for an outer ridge which represents wear, if it shows a big groove negotiate the price with new brakes pads and rotors all around, they may say okay without knowing the actual price of the rotors, Looks like it went through a lot of dealers so every monkey and his brother may have flogged it but a cold start with your head under the hood should be a good exercise to get you smiling. Test drive for at least 15 miles ha ha MB inspection also is recommended, if car has sat for a while see if it sitting low and when you start the car it will raise, but could indicate a leaking airmatic system. Ride height indicator left side of shifter, should be red if level is okay. Good Luck

trev0006 12-22-2013 01:10 AM

If the car is clean that is a great price.

MIKESV8 12-23-2013 09:40 PM

that is a great price with those miles. looks like the car is fully loaded too with all the options. just ask for the car fax to make sure it doesn't have more stories than our grandparents and test drive/PPI and you should be fine.

Primus63 12-24-2013 12:08 AM

Great price. Get it

FromM3toAMG 12-24-2013 12:34 AM

"ESP inoperative, see operators manual" based on that id say pass...

mb_21 12-24-2013 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by FromM3toAMG (Post 5884985)

+1
It might cost a lot of $$$$ or be a simple fix. But still use that against them for pricing!

Meeyatch1 12-24-2013 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by FromM3toAMG (Post 5884985)

Just have it checked out…..not a deal killer.

I have had my E63 for several years, and just passed 100,000 miles on it, and the car has kicked up that warning a couple of times during my ownership with no apparent fault. I had the dealer check it out each time, and they said it was probably just an intermittent fault and not to worry unless the warning stayed on for more than just an occasional time.

A 37k mile car for that price is a very good deal….especially if that ESP warning is just an intermittent thing. Again, just have the car checked out first.

G_Money 12-24-2013 09:38 AM

Make sure it isn't a Sandy car or something similar for that price...

sunil517 12-24-2013 12:07 PM

ESP fault can be

Bad steering alignment cause the SAS to be off..Or a Bad SAS...
I had both case two differnt car..SAS was remove and clean and reinstalled...
Hit a pothole and alignment went off cause the SAS to rear off...

fila0220 12-25-2013 12:06 AM

that's kind of a steal, considering the fact that the miles are so low. I'd also def check the car with a paint meter. I'd be cautious tho.

adlong 01-11-2014 11:13 AM

Thanks guys. I wasnt ready to buy the car. My wife gave birth a few days later and I just wasn't prepared to play hard ball. But apparently someone may have seen my post here because the car was sold a few hours after I left the dealership.

The front bumper had obvious signs of being removed and it did not line up with the drivers side fender. It also had a poorly replaced front bumper metal mesh radiator screen that was not OEM. It was throwing a few codes that they were "shocked" to see, but I am sure knew about. It was missing the jack and owners manual.

Besides the front bumper issue the exterior was a solid 9 and the interior was a solid 9 as well.

They were hesitant to negotiate with me because I wanted to take it to an MB dealer down the road for pre-sale inspection. But I did get them down to 29,800 on the car....I am pretty sure I could have gotten it for 27 or 26 if I had foregone the inspection, but I was definitely not going to do that.

If you guys see a nice silver 08 or 09 for sale, let me know, I'm going to start looking hard for one.