MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   !!! ATTENTION !!!! - FUEL LEAK ISSUE HAS BEEN SETTLED BY DAIMLER-BENZ... 2014.12.23 (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/568641-attention-fuel-leak-issue-has-been-settled-daimler-benz-2014-12-23-a.html)

GregMB 01-21-2015 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey (Post 6302238)
MBUSA has now updated the work instructions/procedure for the AMG vehicles. If your VMI says "Fuel Tank" (which I suspect most E55's will) they will replace your tank, fuel filter, fuel pump, and associated gaskets. A pre-assembled "complete" tank is not yet available so the parts are to be ordered separately (as is customarily done) and the tank assembled at the dealer. This is great news as everything will be replaced at the same time with new parts, avoiding repeat visits to the dealer as a couple of you have already experienced. Do it right, do it once, everything new.

E55GM,

If there is any way for you to get a copy of the part numbers for this "compete tank assembly" it would be awesome to have. I could update my original parts list which had the original part numbers and all superceded part numbers that MBZ has used from 2003-present.

Anyone else who gets this work done now, please post up the part numbers listed on your receipt for the repair items. This will help everyone insure that this process is being done consistently and correctly for EVERYONE.

:y

-G

novae500 01-21-2015 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey (Post 6302238)
MBUSA has now updated the work instructions/procedure for the AMG vehicles. If your VMI says "Fuel Tank" (which I suspect most E55's will) they will replace your tank, fuel filter, fuel pump, and associated gaskets. A pre-assembled "complete" tank is not yet available so the parts are to be ordered separately (as is customarily done) and the tank assembled at the dealer. This is great news as everything will be replaced at the same time with new parts, avoiding repeat visits to the dealer as a couple of you have already experienced. Do it right, do it once, everything new.

Once again, you are the man!!!!!:y Thanks for the info.

pioneergb 01-21-2015 12:34 PM

tank installation done

I was just called my car is ready. It had a new tank installed and both my fuel sender and pump that were both replaced in the last three months were reinstalled. The tank did not come as one complete unit. It was covered by the new extended warranty. It took three weeks as the dealer needed to order the tank and had to wait for it to come in.

berti_00 01-21-2015 04:52 PM

Good news.... Just got the call from the dealer saying that they are replacing everything. Tank, both sending units/filters seals gaskets etc. This is great.

and thanks E55Greasemonkey for checking my vin as well
now i am a happy camper

SilverStrk 01-21-2015 04:56 PM

Has anyone gotten reimbursed for the work if it's already been done? I did mine last moth and would either like the "whole" thing replaced or be reimbursed for what I spent... Please let US know...

Hulk 01-21-2015 04:56 PM

All turning out good, now to get the refunds!

c55asleep? 01-21-2015 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Max.H (Post 6302640)
Ohh, Maybe we are talking about 2 different things. I apologize, I was referring to the fuel filter or pump assembly leaking fuel, squirting out and puddling….

I think you are referring to an actual crack in the tank and leaking on the floor? If so I can see what you mean.

I know the fuel filters next to the hose can leak so thats why I was asking if it can cause lean condition in the motor.

HULK, How bad does it have to leak to cause lean? Was your buddies a really bad leak like pooling and reaching of gas every time he drives the car. Or what was his symptoms? Any leak is bad. But, Do you have anymore data on this occurrence?

This is really good to see people getting there cars fixed and MBUSA finally stepping up! GREG MB is the man!! He should be made an honorary member of the year.

Not a problem. When I tried to fix my buddies awhile back it seemed as it was thru the seal. Leaking thru there shouldn't cause any problems with lean issues aside from the smell lol. If the housing for fuel pump is leaking then yes it will cause a lean issue. Pretty sure it will cause it to loose pressure and can make the pump cavitate. I guess your best bet would be check the fuel pressure imho??

xsboost 01-21-2015 07:06 PM

fuel leak

Prior to dropping my car off at KNOPF MB dealership on Monday, I went in and spoke to the service writer RICK THE *ICK, gave him my VIN# and it shows on the VMI that the extended warranty till 2018 and my car was covered... We walk back to parts, to make sure all parts to do the Job where in house, and they were.. so I set it up for Monday.

Dropped off car sunday night. Monday 10am they call me and say there is no fuel leak:smash: I told them that is because it is under 3/4 tank any more and it will leak:crazy:..

Did not hear back till today, only after I had left them a message for a update. They call me at 2pm and said car should be done tonight or by thursday morning.

Then 3:45 they call me with a whole lot of BS saying not all the parts have come in and AMG's are not covered:nix: The service writer RICK THE *ICK is a complete @$$HOLE I am going to pick my car tomorrow and wait a few months then try a different MB Dealer as for KNOPF I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER PART OR CAR THERE.

pioneergb 01-21-2015 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by xsboost (Post 6303615)
Prior to dropping my car off at KNOPF MB dealership on Monday, I went in and spoke to the service writer RICK THE *ICK, gave him my VIN# and it shows on the VMI that the extended warranty till 2018 and my car was covered... We walk back to parts, to make sure all parts to do the Job where in house, and they were.. so I set it up for Monday.

Dropped off car sunday night. Monday 10am they call me and say there is no fuel leak:smash: I told them that is because it is under 3/4 tank any more and it will leak:crazy:..

Did not hear back till today, only after I had left them a message for a update. They call me at 2pm and said car should be done tonight or by thursday morning.

Then 3:45 they call me with a whole lot of BS saying not all the parts have come in and AMG's are not covered:nix: The service writer RICK THE *ICK is a complete @$$HOLE I am going to pick my car tomorrow and wait a few months then try a different MB Dealer as for KNOPF I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER PART OR CAR THERE.

you need to drive it in with a full tank of gas...so that it stinks of gas,that is what I did, there were no questions...

MJ50 01-21-2015 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by SilverStrk (Post 6303453)
Has anyone gotten reimbursed for the work if it's already been done? I did mine last moth and would either like the "whole" thing replaced or be reimbursed for what I spent... Please let US know...

i submitted all receipt and waiting for warranty manager's approval...

berti_00 01-21-2015 07:28 PM

Some of these dealers and the advisors are complete idiots... Check with mbusa and make sure your vin is covered. If it is they have no choice but to do it.

xsboost 01-21-2015 07:32 PM

Forgot to mention after the conversation on Monday 10am, they drove it to the gas station and filled it so it was clearly leaking.

I thought i would do them a favor and run car low on fuel.

GregMB 01-21-2015 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by xsboost (Post 6303636)
Forgot to mention after the conversation on Monday 10am, they drove it to the gas station and filled it so it was clearly leaking.

I thought i would do them a favor and run car low on fuel.

You could have just told them to do a smoke test. It's a common troubleshooting technique that competent MB techs should know about and do automatically.

Sounds like the dealership you are using is either incompetent or indifferent. Go somewhere else and save yourself the stress. :y

-G

E55Greasemonkey 01-21-2015 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by GregMB (Post 6302788)
E55GM,

If there is any way for you to get a copy of the part numbers for this "compete tank assembly" it would be awesome to have. I could update my original parts list which had the original part numbers and all superceded part numbers that MBZ has used from 2003-present.

Anyone else who gets this work done now, please post up the part numbers listed on your receipt for the repair items. This will help everyone insure that this process is being done consistently and correctly for EVERYONE.

:y

-G

There is no part number as of yet. I will update you when/if it becomes available.

Rocman8 01-21-2015 09:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the latest instruction document now including AMG. Complete assembled tanks not available yet so all parts need to be ordered separate. The fuel filters and pumps have updated part numbers now and are back ordered until April eta.

There is no mention of check engine light. So codes will not be cleared and smoke tests will not be performed.

Garagisti 01-22-2015 12:29 AM

Got my car back today! Man, I missed my car. That C250 loaner car was a pile of crap. If you get the chance, go for anything else over the C250. I dealt with Fletcher Jones Newport Beach, and my service advisor was Randy Stinson, who kicked a$$! They had the car for 17 days, as they were waiting for parts the entire time. On a sad note, another E55 came in a few days ago with the same problem. Apparently, the parts are now on backorder. He says that one might not be fixed until April. I hope he didn't choose a C250 to drive in the meantime.

Now, I just have to figure out how to get the gas smell out of the rear. It smells pretty bad. When I got back to work, I removed the back seat and the seat pad liner. I'm letting the seats air out, and I'm going to try to shampoo the pad tomorrow. Any ideas on that would be appreciated.

r00kie 01-22-2015 12:43 AM

Are current owners suppose to recieve the extended warranty letter or we have to go into the dealer ?

zarevron 01-22-2015 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Garagisti (Post 6303955)
Now, I just have to figure out how to get the gas smell out of the rear. It smells pretty bad. When I got back to work, I removed the back seat and the seat pad liner. I'm letting the seats air out, and I'm going to try to shampoo the pad tomorrow. Any ideas on that would be appreciated.

Been on this issue for the past month, kind of surprised the pad was not replaced as there is not much too it - wonder what the PN# is I think I'll replace mine.

as for the smells - been reading that Zorbx is great stuff for getting rid of gas - get it at homedepot (USA ONLY!!)

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Zorbx-16-...1130/203184562

I'm also dumped a bag of coffee grounds in the back seat area - and yeah its doing something - smell is masked by coffee :). I also read baking soda works ok too but you have to leave it for a few weeks. Given my ride is parked in the garage until April I have time on my side, and I think the coffee is actually working. Then you eventually vacuum it up.

For the rear cushion - I stripped the leather off and washed the cushion with a hose for like 3 hours applying soap etc and squeezing it out frequently much like you would do CPR on a person - then let it hang dry for 2 weeks or so. It still smells a bit when you get your nose into it - but not nearly as bad as it was.

Rocman8 01-22-2015 12:46 AM

spray some ozium in there but not too much. that stuff works really well.

Brabus K8 01-22-2015 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by mobhouse (Post 6302426)
Steven Davis is who takes care of all our family work. Mine was finished in a day. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. They changed everything, but my tank.

Thank you. I will try and get there this week.

ss.dna02 01-22-2015 05:47 AM

Got my car back today! Man, I missed my car. That C250 loaner car was a pile of crap. If you get the chance, go for anything else over the C250. I dealt with Fletcher Jones Newport Beach, and my service advisor was Randy Stinson, who kicked a$$! They had the car for 17 days, as they were waiting for parts the entire time. On a sad note, another E55 came in a few days ago with the same problem. Apparently, the parts are now on backorder. He says that one might not be fixed until April. I hope he didn't choose a C250 to drive in the meantime.

In this case will that person get a loner until its fixed or are they asked to come back in April for repairs?

forcefed4door 01-22-2015 08:12 PM

I'm glad I was one of the first to get this done. Now no worries of back ordered parts

JC05E55 01-22-2015 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rocman8 (Post 6303789)
Here is the latest instruction document now including AMG.

Thanks! I'll bring this to my SA's attention and try one more time to get my refund. Fingers crossed.

bbearden 01-22-2015 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by forcefed4door (Post 6304985)
I'm glad I was one of the first to get this done. Now no worries of back ordered parts

Probably why my car is still at the dealer for almost two weeks with no update yet on the repair....

benznewcomer 01-22-2015 11:46 PM

hey guys does this recall work for mercedes benz canada? what about if the e55 was originally a us vehicle but now being driven in canada? id appreciate any help