Hydrogen Carbon Clean M113K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 02:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Hydrogen Carbon Clean M113K

Hey guys,

I know a lot of you in the US use seafoam etc to flush out carbon deposits from your engine, we can't get that in NZ but..... a guy I know does Hydrogen Carbon Cleans and at mates rates is about the same cost as seafoam (in NZD if I could get it) *BoxOfBeers*

Question is:

I have new 1 step colder Iridium IX plugs to fit (right now)

Should I hold off fitting these until after getting the carbon clean

Also, should I change out the oil and filter as soon as I get this clean as well, if so, would it be beneficial to also put in an engine cleaner additive whilst getting the clean to strip out additional crap from the internals

What do you guys do after a seafoam clean, swap out plugs, or just oil/filter or just carry on as normal?

Last edited by menace2sobriety; 04-03-2015 at 02:47 AM.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
2008 Mercedes Benz E63
I've never been a fan of Sea Foam. If you going to use it absolutely wait to change your plugs and absolutely change your oil afterwards. I'd probably change the oil twice if I knew Sea Foam had been ran through my engine.

What makes you concerned with the carbon build up? If its carbon your worried about, go and take the car up a mountain pass. Drive it hard and build heat. If your talking about oil being pulled back through the engine from the crank case vent, Sea Foam will do next to nothing to fix that.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
E55
When I got my car I ran it as hard as I could. I blew so much carbon out the exhaust pipe that it looked like it was a diesel for a few seconds. After that it ran so much better. I usually drive like a grandma in traffic which is common here. So on Saturday/Sunday I run it pretty hard to *clear* her through.

http://jalopnik.com/this-is-what-hap...udi-1691976274
Old 04-04-2015, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 82 Posts
2004 E55 AMG, 2006 CLS63, 2004 ML55, 2014 E350 sport
Originally Posted by layzie12g
I've never been a fan of Sea Foam. If you going to use it absolutely wait to change your plugs and absolutely change your oil afterwards. I'd probably change the oil twice if I knew Sea Foam had been ran through my engine.

What makes you concerned with the carbon build up? If its carbon your worried about, go and take the car up a mountain pass. Drive it hard and build heat. If your talking about oil being pulled back through the engine from the crank case vent, Sea Foam will do next to nothing to fix that.

I agree with this... unless you KNOW theres a problem dont "fix" it.

I know of a car with over 350kms here in NZ with no issues and my own has 240kms. If it aint broke dont fix it is my motto.

I would put more time into removing cats and secondary air injection. And as said hitting the open road does wonders for these cars its what they were made for!
Old 04-04-2015, 06:31 PM

2004 E55 AMG
I am in stop start 10kph traffic 5 days a week, on top of that there is so many roadworks on our highways at the moment that the speed limit has been lowered to around 50-80km so having trouble romping on it anywhere

Plus a mate of mine just opened a new workshop and has a hydrogen carbon cleaner machine, he said he would clean my car for a box of beer

Recently I have been having the 82mm TB hiccup symptoms on a stock tb.....I have just replaced the TB and no more codes but....the car feels like it needs new plugs etc which I have now but thought while i was at it a full carbon clean for a box of beer wouldn't hurt either since it was offered

Just wanted to know if I could change the plugs now or hold off until after

Also wasnt too sure on the oil, which I see now would be requiring a change

* No seafoam here

* I already have Air Injection-EGR amd rear O2's disabled

Thanks guys
Old 04-04-2015, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 82 Posts
2004 E55 AMG, 2006 CLS63, 2004 ML55, 2014 E350 sport
All you need to do with the plugs is after the seafoam look at them if they are dirty or worn out they need cleaning. Dont buy into this bullcrap of you cant clean iridiums or whatever you have in there. Iv done it before with a brass wire brush and they worked fine. It was actually brake clean that I think I used to get the oil and crap off them first though.

That said I was not brutal on them.

Cant really see why they'd be particularly dirty after seafoaming unless your intake is just full of junk.

Id be looking for intake leaks with hiccup problem.

Last edited by austingtir; 04-04-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:51 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by austingtir
All you need to do with the plugs is after the seafoam look at them if they are dirty or worn out they need cleaning. Dont buy into this bullcrap of you cant clean iridiums or whatever you have in there. Iv done it before with a brass wire brush and they worked fine. It was actually brake clean that I think I used to get the oil and crap off them first though.

That said I was not brutal on them.

Cant really see why they'd be particularly dirty after seafoaming unless your intake is just full of junk.

Id be looking for intake leaks with hiccup problem.
Got a smoke test done, no leaks

Replaced the TB this morning and no more codes, they were static codes as well indicating a short curcuit

All of them gone now

Once again I am not seafoaming, it is a hydrogen machine

Last edited by menace2sobriety; 04-04-2015 at 06:54 PM.