MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   How to disable Airmatic in STAR (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/660367-how-disable-airmatic-star.html)

JoeJErnst 03-26-2017 02:32 AM

How to disable Airmatic in STAR

I've got my BC Racing coilovers installed, but I can't find a how-to that explains the process of using STAR to disable the Airmatic system so the dash warning goes away. Everyone just says "use STAR to disable it", but I poked around in STAR for 30 minutes and couldn't figure it out.

'Little help?

Plutoe 03-26-2017 09:40 AM

I think you need to put the comic books down and seek advice from MB mechanics that have experience with DAS Xentry!!

Rocman8 03-26-2017 09:41 AM

I've never done it myself but I would start looking at the codings in the central gateway (CGW). That's where a lot of codings for options like that are at.

E55amg0220 03-26-2017 10:26 AM

I have a module that came with my arnott coil to air system that took care of it I got a second one for some reason for free if I can find it ... u can have it simple to install and does the trick perfectly

Blade Canyon 03-27-2017 09:21 AM

I have the "module" from Strutmasters, too, and it made the error go away. But I also read that if you pull the fuse for the Airmatic system, you stop getting the message.

JoeJErnst 03-27-2017 11:51 AM

What is this "module" you guys speak of? Is it a piece of hardware that plugs into the car somewhere, or a software "module"?

I haven't had time to hook up STAR and check out the CGW section, but I plan on doing it tonight. Will keep this thread updated if I manage to figure it out.

Blade Canyon 03-27-2017 02:48 PM

Some coilover makers provide a small plastic box that plugs into the car somewhere and tricks the computer into thinking the Airmatic is working normally. I didn't do the installation on mine, so I have no idea where it is.

GCWIGGYx7 07-09-2023 08:34 AM

Do you still have an extra EBM?

UncleBenz55 07-09-2023 11:15 AM

You have to change the coding in the instrument cluster from Airmatic to steel suspension. Then there's also the the Xenen level adjusting control unit (not sure what it's called in english, since i use German Xentry, where it's called LWR for Leuchtweitenregulierung) where you have to change the coding to steel suspension and relearn the height sensor voltages. There might have be en another coding in the Gateway, but i'm not 100% sure, since it's been around 2 years, since i did mine. In order for everything to work, you'll also need to pin the 6 wires from the height sensors of the airmatic ecu into the LWR control unit, so the Headlight adjusting control unit gets the height level signals. The airmatic ecu is also no longer needed and needs to stay unplugged.

GCWIGGYx7 07-09-2023 07:03 PM

Thank you for the reply. I don’t have the Star system and need the module that Arnott Industries sells. I purchased their system off a social media website and the module wasn’t included. I found out after installing that I needed it and my research looks like they don’t sell just the module.