MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   My new 2007 E63 is coming. What to do first? (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/667185-my-new-2007-e63-coming-what-do-first.html)

EyeDoc79 05-20-2017 09:04 PM

My new 2007 E63 is coming. What to do first?

Hey guys. I just purchased an 80k e63. Not 100% on want has been taken care of maintenance wise on the car yet. I'm getting a full binder of records though. With that said, what would you look at first? What should I look for to have been done? I will definitely change the oil. I'm considering the transmission fluid also. Is doing the brake fluid going to far? Brakes were recently done I was told.
I want to make this car go to 400k. Lol. Any pumps I should update? Or just drive it? I'm so excited not sure what to play with first. Also it's gonna need a paint correction. Black paint.

Thanks in advance

mightar 05-20-2017 10:30 PM

Do a PPI at a competent indy shop (if not done already) and cross-reference the records you will be receiving with the recommended maintenance schedule and do all service(s) that may have been missed.

Other than that, enjoy it!

Rocman8 05-21-2017 12:43 AM

Head bolts first.

EyeDoc79 05-21-2017 10:12 AM

Just read about head bolt issue/ cost. I'm a diyer but this is making me second guess my purchase.

mightar 05-21-2017 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by EyeDoc79 (Post 7155346)
Just read about head bolt issue/ cost. I'm a diyer but this is making me second guess my purchase.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ml#post6822437

:y

Infiniti 05-21-2017 11:42 AM

oil change, tune and long tube headers.

EyeDoc79 05-21-2017 11:43 AM

Mightar. :cheers::wootrock:

EyeDoc79 05-21-2017 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Infiniti (Post 7155407)
oil change, tune and long tube headers.

this car has been upgraded with the WEISTEC ENGINEERING software that adds an additional 47HP / +32 Wheel Torque. Producing 554HP at your pedal. 2k Upgrade tuned/installed.

resonators deleted

Infiniti 05-21-2017 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by EyeDoc79 (Post 7155412)
this car has been upgraded with the WEISTEC ENGINEERING software that adds an additional 47HP / +32 Wheel Torque. Producing 554HP at your pedal. 2k Upgrade tuned/installed.

resonators deleted

now put some long tube headers on it, totally different car!:zoom:

Dublinoh 05-21-2017 12:57 PM

Just my opinion, but what I did was go to the dealership and sit down with an agent. We reviewed the maintenance history in Mercedes' records. These cars have an A, B, C, and D maintenance schedule, try to determine where you are on that. When the next service was due (for you at 90K miles if the maintenance is current and has not been accelerated because of elapsed time) let the stealership do the "C" service; they will come back with a long list of "to does"; some of these I did myself, some my Indy got to do, and some the Dealership did. This is like a PPI for the cost of an oil change and some other stuff for like $450, and you establish a relationship with the dealership, which is good because sometimes you really do need them. Also the head bolt issue is controversial, no doubt it exists but it is relatively rare. Quite possibly exaggerated when viewed on a board like this, for some this is like the complaint department. Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

EyeDoc79 05-21-2017 03:16 PM

It's going to be due for service c soon.

Yuille36 05-22-2017 10:22 AM

As this is my second go round with the E63 :zoom:, but for you, definitely get a Pre-Purchase Inspection (PPI) done. This will identify any issues, or recently repaired issues with the car and its history. Then I would definitely check into the following items, if not previously done. Engine Coolant flush every 4 years regardless. Perform Service A,B,C,D whichever is needed regardless. Brush Fluid Flush every two years regardless. Transmission Fluid Flush every four years regardless. Rear Differential Fluid flush regardless. Please check brake pads and rotors thickness, as the front rotors aren't cheap to replace. Have all idler pulleys checked for serviceability, as these items go bad over time. Ensure that every function of the car works as designed. Ensure that the air suspension cycles properly, as this is another expensive repair. In the E63, it isn't the drive train that will cause you issues typically, it's all the electronics MB has incorporated into the car, that will cause your headaches. Head Bolts aren't typically an issue in every E63, but is something to be aware of. I've not experienced any issues with Head Bolts in either of my E63's or in my 2010 C63 that shares the same engine. :bow: The E63 is a good reliable car from my standpoint.
One last thing, as the vehicle ages, you might encounter an issue with either the trunk opening or closing, or intermittent license plates lights or third brake light. This issue is associated with a broken wire in the left trunk hinge, so if you encounter this issue, check their. The issue is not just associated with the E63, it applies to any older model MB not just AMG's.