Sponsored by:

E55 flexfuel!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 11:03 PM
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by travhwrd
The box is just there to do the math. It tells the injectors how much more they need to stay open on top of the 93 tune, to compensate for the ethanol
i Think oneslow55 has a good Point,if the flexbox fails in any way we could be running megalean when running e85,if the box doesent do its job you would be running e85 with a 93 tune.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:33 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
05 e55 amg
That's true I suppose. But there's many cars that have been running these setups.
You don't see any reports about the box itself failing. Atleast i haven't yet..
Old 05-27-2017, 11:45 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by travhwrd
That's true I suppose. But there's many cars that have been running these setups.
You don't see any reports about the box itself failing. Atleast i haven't yet..
100+ cars with systems adapted to many makes and models, tens of thousands of miles or road/track use and abuse. It's no Razr side-by-sides, motorcycles, and even a Grom... This system is also operating on the American Ethanol "Cat-Can-Do" Offshore Catamaran:

http://catcandoracing.weebly.com/sponsors.html

The system is designed and built right here in the USA. It's more expensive than the the other system because it is a complete plug-n-play solution. Nothing to wire, just hook up a ground. It's not a bag of pieces and a hodge-podge of parts from China. It works perfectly and reliably every time. Everything is solid state so that there is nothing to break.

Over ten thousand hours of bench simulation has also been done.

The beauty of the system is like Travis said... it performs an extremely simple function, based on what is essentially a math equation. It consumes far less than one amp under max effort. It doesn't generate any meaningful heat. You can equate the "box" to a calculator... I have a calculator on my desk that's from the early 90's... it's never failed and I don't ever expect it to fail - because of it's job.

I know that after I say this, I'll get all the Cheap-o's saying things like "well why does it cost that much if it's just a calculator?"

Well, why do people pay $1,000-$4,000+ for some metal tubes that are welded together? Why do people pay thousands of $$ to have people polish and coat their cars? Why do people spend $5,000+ on wheels? Why do people spend any amount of money on anything? What gives things value?

Without getting too far off topic... this system WILL make more power than longtube headers or really any other single mod you can do... and the more power you have - the more power you'll get. Did an '03 SL55 the other day... Mods: Tune, 83mm, Flex, 550cc... Car makes 500whp/544wtq. That is with FACTORY log manifolds and all FACTORY exhaust, cats and all.

Before the Flex it made 464whp/510wtq... same day, same time... just put E85 in the tank (which was actually only about 72%)... that's a 36whp/34whp increase with ZERO tuning changes. Travis also said it takes 30 minutes to install!

I'm looking forward to seeing Travis' car on the dyno.

Thanks

Dave
Old 05-27-2017, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
As we have learned over the years dyno is dyno, times are times
Not knocking the product but real world is diff than a dyno

Let's have same day 1/4 runs that will tell the diff with no tuning
Old 05-27-2017, 01:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by Hulk

I would love to see these also! I'm a slave to the shop and can hardly do anything fun.

A lot of C63 guys and other M156 guys have it, and love it. A few track guys also who run @ COTA, TWS have experienced (besides an average of 25-30 degree drop in oil temp on-track) lower lap times after switching.

We'll get some track times/speeds But I think it's worth mentioning (and not being critical of you Hulk) that if someone did a before and after on longtubes, and picked up similar power, the accepted outcome would be a higher trap speed without it going to the track. They would FEEL the difference.

Thanks!

Dave
Old 05-27-2017, 01:09 PM

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
E55 amg

Hulk I don't care for dynos much it's a tool .Traps and times tel the story ,as far as there claimed dyno sheet making 630 whp or so on a stock blower with those high tq curves without any power falling ,is pure crap .The stock blower can't do this and I have yet to see a e55 with that number or have a vid of it runing or at a track !The stock blower pushed that far too , is nothing but a bigger pot roast cooker !
Old 05-27-2017, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
I said what you said in a more diplomatic way
I am trying to be nice lol
Old 05-27-2017, 02:51 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by oneslow55
Hulk I don't care for dynos much it's a tool .Traps and times tel the story ,as far as there claimed dyno sheet making 630 whp or so on a stock blower with those high tq curves without any power falling ,is pure crap .The stock blower can't do this and I have yet to see a e55 with that number or have a vid of it runing or at a track !The stock blower pushed that far too , is nothing but a bigger pot roast cooker !
LOL - 662whp/708wtq as of now The stock blower can, and does, and will continue to...

If ya don't know, I guess ya don't know.

Thanks

Dave
Old 05-27-2017, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
I wouldn't be surprised if the limit of a stock M113k is around 800 WHP. (How you get there is another story)

Great Job Dave! Keep up the good work.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by Max.H
I wouldn't be surprised if the limit of a stock M113k is around 800 WHP. (How you get there is another story)

Great Job Dave! Keep up the good work.
Actively looking for the limit! Shortblock is already in the works for if we find it

Oil analysis still looks good and it's running strong. We'll see - what happens, obviously I'm not looking to grenade a motor, but this is the fun stuff.

Thanks

Dave
Old 05-27-2017, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's
Actively looking for the limit! Shortblock is already in the works for if we find it

Oil analysis still looks good and it's running strong. We'll see - what happens, obviously I'm not looking to grenade a motor, but this is the fun stuff.

Thanks

Dave
Nice, How much boost? And how much more do you think you can you add?
Old 05-27-2017, 06:17 PM

E55 amg
I said what you said in a more diplomatic way
I am trying to be nice lol
Hulk ,Call that car to your house for Monday ,you'll get a free BBQ to cook on with unlimited heat .lol

I don't buy your claims on those numbers not on a stock blower ,if you want to pop in and say ok we made a mistake it was a whipple ,then yes I believe it .

The stock blower can't do it ,not even with a genies help!!let me see it runing on the dyno with that number on the screen after the pull or a track pass .Till then I'll be eating popcorn waiting with hulk.p
Old 05-27-2017, 07:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by oneslow55
Hulk ,Call that car to your house for Monday ,you'll get a free BBQ to cook on with unlimited heat .lol

I don't buy your claims on those numbers not on a stock blower ,if you want to pop in and say ok we made a mistake it was a whipple ,then yes I believe it .

The stock blower can't do it ,not even with a genies help!!let me see it runing on the dyno with that number on the screen after the pull or a track pass .Till then I'll be eating popcorn waiting with hulk.p
ur dumb bro - lol

seriously though - some guy on the C63 promised he'd eat his shoe a couple months ago. Surprise surprise after he was proven wrong time and time again, he refused to eat his shoe... SMH

I'll do you one better - Why don't you fly out here, you can inspect the car on the lift to make sure there is nothing fishing going on, then I will let you inspect the dyno, we can even baseline a car of your choice, say the rental you'll be in. Heck, we can baseline a couple cars until you are satisfied that the dyno is reading and operating to your satisfaction. Then I will allow you to run the E55 on the dyno, proving it makes the power I promised it would.

If it doesn't I will pay your round trip airfare, the rental car, your hotel, and even a couple hundred spending money.

****IF**** it does make the power I claim, you eat your shoe, i film it, and you become an internet sensation overnight.

Deal?

Where u at son??

Dave
The following users liked this post:
compaddict (05-28-2017)
Old 05-27-2017, 08:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Sorry to Travis for getting off topic, if y'all want to start another thread about my lies, feel free to make call outs there

Looking forward to getting the results on Travis' E55!

Thanks

Dave
Old 05-27-2017, 08:11 PM

E55 amg
ur dumb bro - lol

seriously though - some guy on the C63 promised he'd eat his shoe a couple months ago. Surprise surprise after he was proven wrong time and time again, he refused to eat his shoe... SMH

I'll do you one better - Why don't you fly out here, you can inspect the car on the lift to make sure there is nothing fishing going on, then I will let you inspect the dyno, we can even baseline a car of your choice, say the rental you'll be in. Heck, we can baseline a couple cars until you are satisfied that the dyno is reading and operating to your satisfaction. Then I will allow you to run the E55 on the dyno, proving it makes the power I promised it would.

If it doesn't I will pay your round trip airfare, the rental car, your hotel, and even a couple hundred spending money.

****IF**** it does make the power I claim, you eat your shoe, i film it, and you become an internet sensation overnight.

Deal?

Where u at son??

Dave
You talk and sound like a fool ..aight son ,chill dog ..You sound like a immature kid talking .I hope your not a owner over there or worker cause if your are I'm lost for words..I'm not flying to hot Texas cow kicker place ,I'll pass on that but if you can make a vid of the car and a track pass instead ..Thw shoe comment was funny about him saying he would eat his own shoe .hahaha

Last edited by oneslow55; 05-27-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-27-2017, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
E55 and several 928s
Why does all this **** in here always have to devolve to dick measuring?

There are ****ing a couple dozen thousand 55 engined cars. There are about half a dozen thousand e55s.

ANY freaking development that can help the platform should be welcomed with open rational arms.

Jesus this place.

Once this is adding the 30% ratio of fuel to the car through the calculated increase of injector duty cycle, are we also increasing timing a bit with a tune on the ecu?

Or are we just leaving that for safety?
The following users liked this post:
gblack32 (06-05-2022)
Old 05-28-2017, 05:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
CLS 55 AMG E500 99 ML320
A lot of really helpful people get frustrated with this forum. It's too bad. I hope you have a tough hide Dave.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
The stock blower can and will support over 600hp. I've done it with track times to prove it. That was with ported heads, cams, intercooler mods etc and a Q16 race gas tune. I'll be the first to admit the blowers are like nuclear reactors at that power level but the E85 helps cool the air charge and lower engine temps so I don't see why it couldn't make 650+ on a aggressive tune with supporting mods.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:04 AM

E55 amg
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
The stock blower can and will support over 600hp. I've done it with track times to prove it. That was with ported heads, cams, intercooler mods etc and a Q16 race gas tune. I'll be the first to admit the blowers are like nuclear reactors at that power level but the E85 helps cool the air charge and lower engine temps so I don't see why it couldn't make 650+ on a aggressive tune with supporting mods.
Your graph look like that ???post your graph thanks
Old 05-28-2017, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
I was talking from experience. I don't have the screenshot from 2012 when we built it but it made 619 and ran a 10.51 the next day. I want to say it was still making 590's to 6700-6800 and peak was around 6500 so it didn't really fall off like most do.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:39 AM

E55 amg
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
I was talking from experience. I don't have the screenshot from 2012 when we built it but it made 619 and ran a 10.51 the next day. I want to say it was still making 590's to 6700-6800 and peak was around 6500 so it didn't really fall off like most do.
how about your tq looked the same way or would fall off like the rest of the worlds e55 ones ?
Old 05-28-2017, 11:16 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by StarvingArtist
A lot of really helpful people get frustrated with this forum. It's too bad. I hope you have a tough hide Dave.
Ya I'm tough, and it is true that people who have zero meaningful experience or knowledge to draw from (read - oneslow55) like to troll, it's the way of the world.

I feel I made a perfectly reasonable offer for him to satisfy all his doubts, and I was being 100% serious. It's the difference between talking out your bung, and knowing something...

Anyhow, I'll keep advancing stuff for y'alls benefit, well some of y'all at least.

Fuel lids/drop in pump retrofits are coming soon... Which reminds me, if you have a spare set of old pumps/baskets, send em' over. PM me if you want to send a set.

Thanks

Dave
Old 05-28-2017, 11:38 AM

E55 amg
[QUOTE=DavesMeanE's;7162714]Ya I'm tough, and it is true that people who have zero meaningful experience or knowledge to draw from (read - oneslow55) like to troll, it's the way of the world.

I feel I made a perfectly reasonable offer for him to satisfy all his doubts, and I was being 100% serious. It's the difference between talking out your bung, and knowing something...

Anyhow, I'll keep advancing stuff for y'alls benefit, well some of y'all at least.

Fuel lids/drop in pump retrofits are coming soon... Which reminds me, if you have a spare set of old pumps/baskets, send em' over. PM me if you want to send a set.

Thanks

yall's ,it's over yonder on to the dyno .. just wanted a video and you got your panites in a bunch .it was just very odd no one really else is making these gains .Back to the thread on the other guy..Younshould dyno your car and see your gains

Last edited by oneslow55; 05-28-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
[QUOTE=oneslow55;7162725]
Ya I'm tough, and it is true that people who have zero meaningful experience or knowledge to draw from (read - oneslow55) like to troll, it's the way of the world.

Thanks

yall's ,it's over yonder on to the dyno .. just wanted a video and you got your panites in a bunch .it was just very odd no one really else is making these gains .Back to the thread on the other guy..Younshould dyno your car and see your gains

Just be honest with yourself and everyone else... even if there was a video you would find some fault with it and choose not to believe... It's just who you are...Tale as old as time (yes, I recently went to Beauty and the Beast with the wife)

One week to go -

Thanks

Dave
Old 05-28-2017, 12:51 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
05 e55 amg
Everything is installed and working without issues. Waiting on a new file to lean the mixture out a bit as I'm at 10:1 wot afr with the new injectors. 10am friday morning, will be the day!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: E55 flexfuel!