W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W211 NTG1 With Command Aux Or CD Changer Conversion To Lightening Cable.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 W211 E500
W211 NTG1 With Command Aux Or CD Changer Conversion To Lightening Cable.

Tried this in the audio thread and have gotten no response so maybe I can get an answer here.

I have found similar subjects but nothing wanting something this simple. I have an iPhone and use it for just about everything in my W211 E55 (Nav, Music etc.). I find myself getting in the car, plugging into the 3.5mm Aux (I do not have the USB port) and just using the phone from there on. I really never touch the radio unless using the volume knob. I have the phone mounted right in front of the radio.

I have the HK system with fiber optic sound which is fine for my driving and sounds great. The rest of the radio functions are pretty much obsolete and again, I use my iPhone for everything else. I have seen multiple lightening cable conversions ranging from $25 to $500.

I really don’t want to replace the whole radio and don’t want to spend the rediculious prices for the aftermarket interface modules that give me stuff I really will never use. All that I want to do is get in the car, dock my phone and plug in the lightning cable to charge and listen to music. I will do everything through the phone from there. Has anybody come up with a way to convert the AUX to lightning cable on the Harman Kardon system that works? I have seen many contraptions from China but am not sure if they work with the HK headunit? I am not concerned with steering wheel controls. Just the lightning cable to plug in, charge my phone and play music. I am ok with getting rid of the cd changer.

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2019, 12:36 PM

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts
04 E55 AMG BLK/BLK(MyDD), 06 CLK 500 (wife's) 07 ML500, 2012 C300(son's)
All that I want to do is get in the car, dock my phone and plug in the lightning cable to charge and listen to music.
https://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Headphone-Compatible-Earphone-Connector/dp/B07MN45N8Z/ref=sr_1_26?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1546881952&sr=1-26&keywords=lightning+cable https://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Headphone-Compatible-Earphone-Connector/dp/B07MN45N8Z/ref=sr_1_26?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1546881952&sr=1-26&keywords=lightning+cable
Old 01-10-2019, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Ducati
MB iPod adaptor + bovee1000 puck will give you stereo bluetooth with control via steering wheel.

Toss in an MB BT puck and you can take calls via comand.