MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   W211 e55 exhaust question (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/684068-w211-e55-exhaust-question.html)

AMG__POWER 09-29-2017 03:19 PM

W211 e55 exhaust question

Watsup guys i just purchased a 3inch magnaflow x pipe for my. Car and I was wondering if I am doing this the right way to get the best sound/power and eliminate as much drone as possible. So as of now my only exhaust mod is mid length headers removing the primarycats. I bought the 3 inch magnaflow x pipe and was planning to place it where my 2nd cats are and then delete my resonator with 3 inch piping. Someone told me now I should have gone with 2.5 inch x pipe. WHat is your guys opinion? I want power and sound hopefully the snaps and crackles as well, I do plan to get c63 mufflers as well.
tjank you

CharlyE500 09-29-2017 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by AMG__POWER (Post 7275121)
Watsup guys i just purchased a 3inch magnaflow x pipe for my. Car and I was wondering if I am doing this the right way to get the best sound/power and eliminate as much drone as possible. So as of now my only exhaust mod is mid length headers removing the primarycats. I bought the 3 inch magnaflow x pipe and was planning to place it where my 2nd cats are and then delete my resonator with 3 inch piping. Someone told me now I should have gone with 2.5 inch x pipe. WHat is your guys opinion? I want power and sound hopefully the snaps and crackles as well, I do plan to get c63 mufflers as well.
tjank you

I would be worry to do smog test in California. Your car will be loud and the smog shop will do visual inspection. Good luck man !

AMG__POWER 09-30-2017 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by CharlyE500 (Post 7275287)
I would be worry to do smog test in California. Your car will be loud and the smog shop will do visual inspection. Good luck man !

haha I’m not to worried about that bro

cmpcpro 09-30-2017 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by AMG__POWER (Post 7275757)
haha I’m not to worried about that bro

Can you PM me where we can get a smog pushed through then?? Just got my Longtubes installed so.. anyway I cut out the secondary cats but left the resonators.. I put the x pipe before the resonators and it was still pretty quiet at idle and normal driving.

AMG__POWER 10-01-2017 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by cmpcpro (Post 7275835)
Can you PM me where we can get a smog pushed through then?? Just got my Longtubes installed so.. anyway I cut out the secondary cats but left the resonators.. I put the x pipe before the resonators and it was still pretty quiet at idle and normal driving.

yea bro I’ll look for it And PM you, did then the car get notciablly louder while flooring it?

CharlyE500 10-02-2017 01:24 PM

I am thinking to remove resonator if make it louder... The header help but still a bit quiet.

AMG__POWER 10-03-2017 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by CharlyE500 (Post 7276678)
I am thinking to remove resonator if make it louder... The header help but still a bit quiet.

On our cars the resonators don’t wield much sound, I believe it’s all in the cats and mufflers but bc I don’t want drone I’m leaving the mufflers until I get a set of c63 mufflers. But now hopefully after this exhaust mod the car will really open up without to much drone, -!; hopefully pick up spme HP:)

AMG__POWER 10-05-2017 10:19 PM

OK guys so I did the exhaust...verdict...sounds good but there’s a little screech that I believe is from the x pipe but sounds a lot throatier and a lot louder when flooring, a bit louder revving and stock while cruising, I want to find the source of the screech tho it bothers me. NOW just waiting for a set of c63 mufflers to come about

MACEDON 10-17-2017 04:54 PM

They pop up on the facebook groups.