Sponsored by:

2008 E6.3 p0019????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 e55 and 2008 E6.3
2008 E6.3 p0019????

hello guys maybe you guys can help me... i just bought a 2008 E6.3 with an issue. cel comes on instantly with code p0019 (alternating adjustment of exhaust camshaft of left cylinder bank in direction "Advanced or Retarded"looks like someone already put a new solenoid in..... im not to familiar with the E6.3.... Car has power and runs good no missfires, no cold start noises... im thinking it might have to do with the exhaust sprocket,...... Thanks in Advanced...
Old 11-04-2017, 11:32 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
E63 and GL450, ML350 bluetec
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w164...-advanced.html

Although this is not our M156 engine it looks like (from the few threads I read) the systems are the same. Swapping out the sensor never really seems to fix the problem and it is the magnets that fail. I only read 3 threads that google found but the code you pointed to was fixed by 2 things, exhaust valve and the magnets. The thread I pointed to has a Merc tech replied and was fixing a ML350. I am learning the MB stuff (been dealing with the Audi) so I cant say this will fix your issue. Do you have access to the STAR system, how are you reading codes?
Old 11-04-2017, 02:51 PM

2005 e55 and 2008 E6.3
First i would like to to thank you for you're time.....No i don't have access to star system, im using the matco maximus, so my scanning is limited, i also read about the ml350's with the magnets issues, but i don't think the E 63 has magnets like the ml350, but i could be wrong, could you find a picture of the magnets on a E6.3??...i did some reading and found some guy talking about a metal 3 way plate on the sprocket or something like that, not sure what its called. i havent really had time to open her up yet, i wanted to do some research before i do... thanks again
Old 11-05-2017, 12:00 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
E63 and GL450, ML350 bluetec
Sounds like our cars use a different method of picking up the position of the crank/cam but I’m willing to bet it is the part you’re looking for. I should be upfront, I’m not a Marc tech, but I worked in aircraft for a long time and do my own maintenance on my RS6 which I’ve found some issues with basic connectors. This is a guess on my part but petroleum is more expensive in Europe and the connectors are brittle and don’t seem to last like the Japanese stuff. A lot of times I’d find a broken or loose connection and the code cleared. Look for the easy stuff and be careful about making sure you don’t break any of the plastic tabs. My car is in another state right now and it was always serviced at the MB dealership so I have no first hand knowledge except that the systems seem to be engineered the same way.

Although exoensive im going to pay for a STAR system soon, the dealership near me doesn’t seem to know much except for the newest models and I’m not bringing the car to them unless I have no choice. I do have access to a MB tech who worked on everything including black series cars. He’s in SoCal and might be able to help if you’re near him. He now works for Tesla I think so he doesn’t have everything a tech would have but so far he’s guided me on what I need to get done on my car when I ship it out here.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:19 PM

2005 e55 and 2008 E6.3
hey sorry it took me forever to replay, so i opened her up timing was off on driver side by a tooth, also replaced exhaust cam-shaft adjuster, and cel is gone been gone for 300miles +.... but now i'm hearing light upper noise from that same side, might need to check lifter or cam, car runs great no misfires or any codes pending...