W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MBWorld Coverups and VRPSpeed collusion exposed!

Old 11-18-2017, 10:25 AM

Received 137 Likes on 110 Posts
2005 E55
Thumbs up MBWorld Coverups and VRPSpeed collusion exposed!

Okay okay, it's not super serious like the title may imply, but I do have a fun story to share!

Last night I am doing some browsing and I come across this thread: Worth byuing air scoops?

I read through it and come across this statement by VRP:

Originally Posted by VictoryRoadPerformance
People love them, but they are really just for cosmetics. We offer the lowest priced ones on the market. Fitment is perfect, weve sold over 200 sets. you can check them out here if youre interested
But I think I saw some cheaper ones and the B5 site. So I do a quick search and sure enough there is the $119 B5 scoops, $6 cheaper than the VRP scoops. So I point it out that they aren't quite the cheapest scoops and link the B5 junk.

Here is where the fun starts! I get a reply from VRP speed.... saying "Still cheaper. good try though"
I think to myself... that's strange I linked some other scoops that were less right in the thread! But guess what?!?! I hop on the VRP site, and they are now $118! One dollar less than the B5 stuff hahaha. So, he gets sneaky then acts as if his were cheaper the whole time. No biggy this is all just fun for me. BUT the cool part is, I had the old page up on my phone still (from 30 minutes prior haha). I hadn't refreshed the page so it still had the old price. So I grab a snap shot. I don't post it at this time because I'm wondering if he is big enough of a turd to try to ride the lie out, I was just going to save those for later haha.

At this point I just make a comment some where along the lines of "Very sneaky, quickly change the price and then call me out for being wrong, turd"

MORE FUN! What do I find when I browse the web this morning?!?!?!? THE POSTS HAVE VANISHED! My post linking the B5 scoops is gone, his post implying that VRPs were cheaper the whole time is gone, and my post calling him out for changing the price real quick and acting like he didn't... GONE! Deleted haha.

Here is the email notification of VRPs now deleted comment after his sneaky price change:

I've clearly been watching too much news, but this was certainly a fun story I wanted to share with every one. I'm not saying any of the VRP stuff is bad I don't have any experience with it. Just seems like he may be willing to stretch the truth a little, so maybe the next time you see a graph of how much greater the VRP Hx performs than a cheap competitor... that they probably pushed out into the forums... take it with a grain of salt

Oh also the owner has a habit pushing the VRP products on his personal account while acting unaffiliated. Here is a quote from the VRP owner on his personal account instead of the VRP account in the same thread actually:

Originally Posted by Plataille

Anyways, I hope everyone enjoys the fun story and has a good thanksgiving!

PS: Will this get deleted?!

Last edited by drothgeb; 11-18-2017 at 11:41 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by drothgeb:
alenpepic (11-26-2017), patrick_y (01-09-2018), shardul (11-18-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 01:07 PM

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
2003 Mercedes E55 AMG
LOL .... im actually more amused that you took the time to post this than what he was doing. So what if he went on and changed the price .... maybe he didnt know B5 was cheaper .... and as for pushing his products under his personal account ... really??? I dont know how many online buisnesses you have owned i have done a few, how else are you suppose to get the word around lmao.

I have bought quite a few things from Phil, his products are top notch, and hes always gone the extra mile for me ... great customer service. I have tested the superflo pump myself as well as his heat exchanger and they work as good as he claims and that is based on my OWN testing. An EVERY forum that is being paid by a sponsor will go the extra mile to help them out this goes for them all not just VRP

Anyway hope you feel vindicated and have a good thanksgiving .... may i suggest finding a time consuming hobby lmao.

Last edited by E55amg0220; 11-18-2017 at 01:10 PM.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:12 PM

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
Benz

I would have appreciated you informing me I wasn't the best price then offer to beat the price and adjust accordingly.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:18 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by knowbenz

I would have appreciated you informing me I wasn't the best price then offer to beat the price and adjust accordingly.
Exactly! But to change it real quick, then tell me I was wrong..... then have a mod delete all the posts after getting called out about it?!?! Too good not to share haha.

Just a testament to character I guess. He very well may sell top notch products I have no experience with them.

Last edited by drothgeb; 11-18-2017 at 01:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
shardul (11-18-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 02:35 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Originally Posted by knowbenz

Absolutely but then again having posts deleted isn't the most professional way to go about it. Maybe posting something along the lines of "we believe we have an excellent product and are dedicated to giving our customers the best price we can so we have chosen to lower our price accordingly" would go down better than rearranging things behind closed doors and pretending it never happened. Also cheapest price is one thing but as long as it is competitive for a similar product, people will use who they know and trust despite spending a few extra $.
knowbenz (11-18-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 03:40 PM

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts
E63 AMG 2007
Wow, this might be the most useless thread ever. Finding out the cheapest unit is actually $1 more, well that is quite the scoop. Then a cyber coverup on top of that, where will it end?
VictoryRoadPerformance (11-18-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 03:41 PM

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
2003 Mercedes E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Dublinoh
Wow, this might be the most useless thread ever. Finding out the cheapest unit is actually $1 more, well that is quite the scoop. Then a cyber coverup on top of that, where will it end?
^^^^^^^ THIS!! lmfao
Old 11-18-2017, 04:16 PM

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
E55 amg
Originally Posted by E55amg0220
LOL .... im actually more amused that you took the time to post this than what he was doing. So what if he went on and changed the price .... maybe he didnt know B5 was cheaper .... and as for pushing his products under his personal account ... really??? I dont know how many online buisnesses you have owned i have done a few, how else are you suppose to get the word around lmao.

I have bought quite a few things from Phil, his products are top notch, and hes always gone the extra mile for me ... great customer service. I have tested the superflo pump myself as well as his heat exchanger and they work as good as he claims and that is based on my OWN testing. An EVERY forum that is being paid by a sponsor will go the extra mile to help them out this goes for them all not just VRP

Anyway hope you feel vindicated and have a good thanksgiving .... may i suggest finding a time consuming hobby lmao.

Chris ,he's gone from internet key board warrior to stand up internet troll!

He think's he columbo now Mr. private e55 amg investigator ..

People got a lot of time on there hands there days and nothing better else to do..I hate these forums and groups nothing but parrots and class clown acts being performed.

If you don't like what they sell or how they sell don't buy from them.Vrp (phill)can be a troll himself selling re branded parts copying company's with inferior quality and it's production line, but in the end he's trying to be a business man .
More you read they write the more you forget what you knew,or known.They buy a e55 and they think there own rocket ships now after they go to the track first time ever ,acting like john force .

Clowns..
Old 11-18-2017, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 255 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
Who give's a ****?

Not like my life is exciting at all and I couldn't be bothered to get worked up over something like this.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 392 Likes on 284 Posts
E55 C63
This is hilarious.

Douche bag (OP) posted that we were not the cheapest with a link to a competitors website. well, I said we were the cheapest, and don't want to be called a liar so i went and price matched -$1, why not?
Nothing got deleted unless it was deleted by an admin.

As for my Plataille Username, I was hopping around on that while we were waiting for our sponsor payment to be processed. And in one of my posts clearly declared that I was associated with VRP. Its sad that i have to hop onto that account to fend off poachers.

Have a good weekend, and holiday.

-Phil

P.S. your post probably got deleted because you linked to a non sponsor web page... common practice
Old 11-18-2017, 04:53 PM

2005 E55
[QUOTE=VictoryRoadPerformance;7315129]This is hilarious.

Douche bag (OP) posted that we were not the cheapest with a link to a competitors website. well, I said we were the cheapest, and don't want to be called a liar so i went and price matched -$1, why not?

As for my Plataille Username, I was hopping around on that while we were waiting for our sponsor payment to be processed. And in one of my posts clearly declared that I was associated with VRP. Its sad that i have to hop onto that account to fend off poachers.

-Phil

P.S. your post probably got deleted because you linked to a non sponsor web page... common practice[/QUOTE

That's not how you handled it, you changed the price and acted like you didn't. Just a little douchy but no big deal. Then it all got deleted haha. It's all good fun for me, people can enjoy to see the scenario or pass it off as nonsense, no big deal to me. I have not purchased anything from you and I won't because you seem like a shadey **** sucker others are welcome to make their own judgement on that
shardul (11-18-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 05:07 PM

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
E55 amg
[QUOTE=drothgeb;7315135]
This is hilarious.

-Phil

P.S. your post probably got deleted because you linked to a non sponsor web page... common practice[/QUOTE

That's not how you handled it, you changed the price and acted like you didn't. Just a little douchy but no big deal. Then it all got deleted haha. It's all good fun for me, people can enjoy to see the scenario or pass it off as nonsense, no big deal to me. I have not purchased anything from you and I won't because you seem like a shadey **** sucker others are welcome to make their own judgement on that

From reading your response you sound like a 2 year old with it's terrible 2 syndrome..Want me to mail you a 1 dollar? By the the way it's spelled shady not shadey.I just found out too that douchy is a new word?HAAHA

Last edited by oneslow55; 11-18-2017 at 05:09 PM.
shardul (11-18-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 05:50 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Old 11-18-2017, 07:03 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
04 E55
I'm surprised so many people are sucking up to VRP here.

It comes across as childish business, changing the price rather than acknowledging it and then changing it.

Anyone ever price matched ARP head studs!
Old 11-18-2017, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 252 Likes on 215 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Dublinoh
Wow, this might be the most useless thread ever.
lol. Nah there's others.
Dublinoh (11-18-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 07:36 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
2011 CL63 AMG (Current) 2005 CLS55 AMG (Current) 2004 C32 AMG (Sold)
Originally Posted by sexyxe
I'm surprised so many people are sucking up to VRP here.

It comes across as childish business, changing the price rather than acknowledging it and then changing it.

Anyone ever price matched ARP head studs!
Agreed
Old 11-21-2017, 11:02 AM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2005 Mercedes E55 AMG
The owner of VRP received information from me about ARP head studs for the M113, and I only provided the information on the promise that he would do right by the community. This is how that turned out.

Moments after that was posted on a Facebook page, the VRP price was miraculously reduced. Fancy that.

Max.H (01-11-2018)
Old 11-21-2017, 11:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 292 Likes on 241 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
The D bag was messaging me last week about how he can beat my cost and he will contact all my vendors etc. I just cursed him out and blocked him. Don't have time to deal with little immature c&*ts
END OF STORY.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63
No miracle. It takes a few minutes to change a price. We were the cheapest studs online. (Compared to weistec $999) but we still dropped the price to the prices you found on summit.

our website says we price match. And we do.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:32 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63
Originally Posted by shardul
The D bag was messaging me last week about how he can beat my cost and he will contact all my vendors etc. I just cursed him out and blocked him. Don't have time to deal with little immature c&*ts
END OF STORY.
This guy has been price-RAPING the commnity since day 1.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:35 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

LOL what have you brought to the table? Except copy everyone items.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63
Originally Posted by shardul
LOL what have you brought to the table? Except copy everyone items.
Well I can say we've definitely brought the prices down.

You think we coppied your smaller copy factory pulley? Hilarious.

Shardul used to grind part numbers off of throttlebodies and injectors.... not kidding.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:43 AM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by rockthemullet
The owner of VRP received information from me about ARP head studs for the M113, and I only provided the information on the promise that he would do right by the community. This is how that turned out.

Moments after that was posted on a Facebook page, the VRP price was miraculously reduced. Fancy that.

Damn! Solid markup
Old 11-21-2017, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Well I can say we've definitely brought the prices down.

You think we coppied your smaller copy factory pulley? Hilarious.

Shardul used to grind part numbers off of throttlebodies and injectors.... not kidding.
haha bring prices down? look at the price of your heat generator 72mm
LOL everyone knows what kind of person you are. I should post screen shots of all the messages I get.
This thread is about you, be smart and shut up or else it will keep getting bumped up.

Last edited by shardul; 11-21-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:18 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2005 Mercedes E55 AMG
No miracle. It takes a few minutes to change a price. We were the cheapest studs online. (Compared to weistec $999) but we still dropped the price to the prices you found on summit.

our website says we price match. And we do.
Cheapest studs online... Still gouging the **** out of the community. Instead of price matching, why not offer these items at reasonable prices to begin with?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MBWorld Coverups and VRPSpeed collusion exposed!