Sponsored by:

Daytime running light question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 02:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Daytime running light question

so first, I am not sure if that s called the daytime running light... so please let me explain...
so, we have four eyes, two on each side, the bigger one being the low beam and turn signal, and the smaller one being the high beam and the "day time running light"
I want to replace the bulb of the daytime running light, I assume is the lower one in the housing with the on the top being the high beam.
But I cannot find any info on the bulb size or what kind of bulb is it...
I know it is a stupid question, but please help me and tell me the right size...

thanks
Old 01-16-2018, 05:10 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Non yet :(
http://www.aznoptics.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=114

Last edited by Dan0; 01-16-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
thank you, I want to go with yellow, not the factory yellow, but thoes what they called "extreme yellow" look, any option on that?
Old 01-18-2018, 12:43 AM

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by milkboneeee
so first, I am not sure if that s called the daytime running light... so please let me explain...
so, we have four eyes, two on each side, the bigger one being the low beam and turn signal, and the smaller one being the high beam and the "day time running light"
I want to replace the bulb of the daytime running light, I assume is the lower one in the housing with the on the top being the high beam.
But I cannot find any info on the bulb size or what kind of bulb is it...
I know it is a stupid question, but please help me and tell me the right size...

thanks
Stop doing stupid **** to your car. Go get a Civic and rice it out to your heart's desire.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 255 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
Originally Posted by milkboneeee
thank you, I want to go with yellow, not the factory yellow, but thoes what they called "extreme yellow" look, any option on that?
They're a sponsor on here. PM them and they'll get you the bulbs you want. I've got ones from them on both of my cars and have no complaints.

Another option is to get some yellow Lamin-X film for the lights. They make a good product. I've got their clear film on the lights on my E63. It's cut for the lights and is easy to install.

I had the yellow from them on my fog lights for awhile before getting tired of how it looked.

Originally Posted by 87geeinn
Stop doing stupid **** to your car. Go get a Civic and rice it out to your heart's desire.
Got any pics of yours? I hope you don't have any appearance mods done since they're ricey.

Last edited by Strigoi; 01-18-2018 at 02:03 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2022 A35 AMG
I have a question about Daytime Running Lights (DRL); well in Canada they are mandatory and cannot be disabled. I'm having trouble understanding the logic.
When the DLR is active outside in bright daylight (switch is set to AUTO lights) both park and headlamp indicators are not lit in the dash. If I move the switch to park lights, DLR and park lights are physically on but the park light indicator does not come on in the dash. I've tried this in other Mercedes cars and they all behave the same.