W205 C63 Mufflers *retrofit*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 08:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55, CTS V
W205 C63 Mufflers *retrofit*

Hello All,

Now we all know the W204 mufflers are the go to for that wondrous roar. Problem is they seem to be worth gold and hard to find. Well I had the opportunity to ****** up a full downpipe back factory system from a 2017 C63S with the AMG valved exhaust.
I intend to retrofit these mufflers onto my current system on the car. E55 w/eurocharged mid lengths, no cats, x-pipe.
I have also been playing with the valved mufflers, I am going to wire up a switch in the car so I can actually take advantage of the amg system and go from closed to open.

I have not seen or heard of anyone attempting to use these mufflers as of yet so I figured I would be the first, give it a go and see how they sound!

I don't think they will sound as good as the W204 63 mufflers but why not test em out!
The following users liked this post:
AMG-SVT-FTW (02-16-2018)
Old 02-16-2018, 08:56 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
AMG
I've been wanting to do this. Please post up your results and progress.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:30 PM

E55, CTS V
Bumping this up as I have the car booked in Thursday to get the mufflers installed. Will post when I get it finished
Old 04-16-2018, 03:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
95 C36
Originally Posted by brdaun
Bumping this up as I have the car booked in Thursday to get the mufflers installed. Will post when I get it finished
Sub'd. I would think it would be harder to find the W205 AMG exhausts since they're newer, are they more commonly replaced than the W204s?
Old 04-16-2018, 10:12 PM

E55, CTS V
I am not too sure on that. There is many more W204 C63's out there than the W205 C63's examples I am sure. Plus I think that the W204 exhaust system was spot on with sounds and tone so not many people opted for aftermarket setups. I do believe there is more of an aftermarket for the W205 exhaust systems. Maybe that is an indication that the factory setup leaves something to be desired?
There is also the thought that technically the W205 c63 offered the AMG Performance exhaust on the S models. This included a valved H pipe in the mid section and the valved sections at the rear mufflers.
I am excited to hear the outcome as right now with my setup (headers-xpipe-mufflers) ad no cats, still leaves something to be desired. If I don't overly like the sound I will just get myself a set of some borlas, magnaflow's etc to tie me over until I can locate a set of W204 C63 mufflers.

Like I said I take it in on Thursday so I will be sure to give my thoughts and include a couple sound clips!
Old 04-19-2018, 12:51 PM

E55, CTS V
Well today is the day! first off my guy did not think these would fit at all, the exhaust valve and one of the C63S hangars stuck out quite a bit making fitment quite difficult. The shape of these mufflers is more so square as opposed to the "L" shape that the E55 and W204 C63 share. But we finally got it to fit and they are working in fitting it all in place
Old 04-19-2018, 06:48 PM

Received 79 Likes on 74 Posts
CLS55
So how do they sound?
Old 04-20-2018, 03:37 AM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2004 E55
Old 04-20-2018, 11:18 AM

E55, CTS V
Alright,
Here is my initial impressions. Lets keep in mind that i am still waiting on the plugs for the exhaust valves so at the moment they are set to race (sport +)
Car is loud. I mean that, it immediately reminded me of when i took it to the exhaust shop with open headers. If that does it for you then f*ck yeah you do you.
As for me having a prior C63 with secondary and res delete that is the ideal sound level i was looking for. This surpasses that noise wholeheartedly.
Now you can somewhat keep it quiet whilst cruising, but its loud and drones before shifting and any sort of acceleration on the highway reverberates throughout the entire car. I did have a friend in his car for a quick drive to hear it and give some impressions on the outside. After the first tunnel/overpass pull he told me its insane (ears were still ringing 10 minutes later)

Now to somewhat sum this up, the factory turbos on the W205 C63S cars must kill nearly all the sound because these mufflers in the race mode seem non existent. I am debating on waiting until i receive my exhaust valve connectors so i can hear what the car sounds like in comfort mode as then the exhaust actually channels through the mufflers! I will either wait or throw a different generic set of Flowmasters/Magnaflow's etc. in. That is until i can source a set of god damn 63 mufflers.

I will try and get some sound clips for everyone but lets call it for now a straight piped E55 -5db
Old 04-22-2018, 02:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E55
Sound clip or it never happned
Old 04-23-2018, 12:24 PM

E55, CTS V
Until i find the time to get some sound clips to post up, this is the fitment of the mufflers, you can see the valve fitment is what made it tough. I did not get the tips fitted as i am unsure on what exactly i am going to do with them right now.