W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake rotors rusted inside after parked only 2 months

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 02:26 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
E55 AMG V8 Kompressor 2004 E 55 AMG Type: 5,439 cc (5.439 L; 331.9 cu in) Supercharged V8 Powe
Brake rotors rusted inside after parked only 2 months

Man so informally start my car after sitting 2 months in garage stupid me took it to wash under car brushes disabled only to get it cleaned good underneath home and parked
brakes front got approx 20.000 km on them pass was replaced 7 months ago looking like new bash noting visible outside but damn when braking portable noise took it for long run but no change then took car to my local AMG he just looked me after driving it Martin I quaranty you they are rusted backside he took at mirror and damn we then raised and looked down and up really?
my brakes are toast what the hell haha all because I wanted be good to my car not driving it durring winter.

anyone tried this before = cost me 1000 Euro lol

I see this when Google but our car is not regular o was sure there are better suited but my own mistake not driving it proberly after washing it.

use it brake ir don't do like me haha
new brakes ordered now just waiting. I hate waiting
Old 03-26-2018, 02:56 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Do you have some photos, it might be possible to turn them on a lathe if they are that new and its not too deep.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:14 PM

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
04 E55 AMG
Normal for discs to have some rust if wet. Unless they were sitting in water the whole time I'd just do a nice brake check a few times to clean them off.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:11 PM

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
04 e55
go for a 45 min drive and ride the brake a little but don't get them red -- then a easy 30 min cruising to let the rotors cool down -- the rust will wear off quickly and any light pitting will get worn away -- either way it cant hurt
Old 03-26-2018, 11:11 PM

E55 AMG V8 Kompressor 2004 E 55 AMG Type: 5,439 cc (5.439 L; 331.9 cu in) Supercharged V8 Powe
Thanks guys

Of ourse I don't have pictures but to me it didn' look that bad but my mechanic said look here Martin it is the insides it really was worser than one would think it is so strange 2 months but it' been pretty cold here minus 10 minis 15 degrees.
my.mechanic I called him again since got offer from same shop total costs all with working hours and replaced 980 Euro I paida lot of money at AMG for repairs sitting the years u can call me a regular V.I.P they alwaus drop all they are doing when I come Daniel the tech guy there doesn' care if I Come he stop what he is doing and help me pretty nice so we spoke later yesterday and he also said Martin hold on I am talking with a customer right now who has the machine to cut discs brakes
we have a shop in town that could do it while.on the car they sold the machine to the us so but he need them of the car and here is my next problem my bag is toast and working on the car isn' what it is used to be it really sucks but I will find out sure the day.

anyway he said hold on Martin I don't like it you habe to pay so much money because YES discs arent so old and in good condition drving it properly makes it worse.
so but took it for a spindon my way home brakingand braking and working the food brake but absolutely no change what so ever.
brakes is the only im hesitating they just have to be Working I know we all agree on that right and now I'm considering the costs vs new brakes but will.lrt I guys know as soon as I spoke to him again today.

Nb price I got is included replacing the tranny suspension with materials all included I can't even find the brakes for that price I also tried Germany same 980 Euro.

what is ur opinions guys my tranny support isn't that bad but we'l is hard to say no lol but damn car haha parked it to save it and this happen that sucks lol
Old 03-26-2018, 11:27 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Transmission mount is cheap and not too terrible to replace. How are the engine mounts?

Just turn the front wheels when you stop. Reach around the inside with a camera to click a photo of the rotor.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 514 Likes on 431 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Many years ago, when I was a Sergeant in the Marine Corps stationed in North Carolina. I left my Mustang Cobra parked for a months long deployment, we left just before a hurricane hit the coast. Anyway when I returned my poor brakes were rusting beyond belief, the rear brake pads had rusted onto the rotors.
I caught hell, trying to move the car, I revved it to 4000 rpm and dropped the clutch just to break the bond between pads and the rotor. It took me literally a week of braking to wear away that rough spot on the rotor. But all was good after a week, of wearing down the pads and rotors. And the best part, I didn't need to buy new rotors or pads.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:03 PM

Good news tomorrow.my brakes will be fixed and be like new I found a place that can do the brakes they also say no need buy new discs they got a special Jig for this type of big discs owner is huge MB FAN driving SLR MClaren and a few other super cars reaĺy happy they knownwhar they are DOING I be back when get my car back with before and after pictures damn happy, tonight I sleep good

and thanks for all the replies and the interest in this so awesome super thanks yall
Old 03-29-2018, 02:05 AM

Received 79 Likes on 74 Posts
CLS55
Martin, im tellin' ya need to tell ya usual mechanix to get fooked, tryin to scam you brake rotors...We pay them to find us the best solution and spending money aint it.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 514 Likes on 431 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
If the shop decides to turn your rotors on a lathe, ensure that they chamfer the holes to reduce the chances of getting hot spots around the holes surface that causes cracks.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:04 AM

Done and fixed sweet mamma:)

Originally Posted by PieRat
Martin, im tellin' ya need to tell ya usual mechanix to get fooked, tryin to scam you brake rotors...We pay them to find us the best solution and spending money aint it.
Originally Posted by Yuille36
If the shop decides to turn your rotors on a lathe, ensure that they chamfer the holes to reduce the chances of getting hot spots around the holes surface that causes cracks.

thank you guys thank you all for the tips and advices I really appreciate all your help saved me a good chonk of money in so happy.
So my mechanic said
Martin can I call you but yes of course he did and starts can u talk freely? But yea of course what up.
Martin I feel so bad I know u love your car but even with the offer is with 20% Discount a 1000€ my heart bleeds so I want to offer you my help and here we go So he picked my car Wednesday after work and I got he's wife's little MB I was working yesterday Easter I know
but he called me around 12 car done ur kidding me ?
I just have to add he is extremely honest to me when at the AMG swearing he' AMG work clothes as he said I say the rotors are toast new ones but if u ask me and as explained it is totlly madness since they are so new but AMG don' repair and reuse ols parts never we all know that and
I totally understand
(He is always super super nice to me giving me tips how to fix stuff myself that most of you also know we can so yourself since 1 day I meet him in 2012
I can cone early morning when they open the shop he take my car in look at it they dont charge me anymore
I mean even 07.00 he just started working bit if I come he stop what he is doing to help me always
(He is not the owner he is just the AMG Diagnostic/Mechanic at AMG here)
Anyways I didn' expect my car back before Monday so what a pleasant surprise when he called me yesterday at lunch time car done
and he ofcourse sent me pictures all the time
1 Rotor of
2 Rotor of
and so on
1 Rotor in the jig
cleaning holes on rotor
cleanred
and finally Sink Spray just like new

now brake in procedure I know is my fault last time I didn' wait I didn't brake in proberly and drive the car aggresive didn't wait and let the brakes cool down before parking + after aggesive driving coming to a full stop using sbc to hold brakes or my foot
better using P for a few moments since the pads will work as huge heat sinks warping the rotors dummy me
only.me to blame see picture

happy Easter everyone

1 Rotor

2 Rotor

Lathering

Cleaning holes

Look at that guys

Sink Spray like when new
k

Last edited by SuperChargerE55; 03-31-2018 at 04:13 AM.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:44 AM

Received 79 Likes on 74 Posts
CLS55
Martin i glad this was fixed for you. Luckily rotors are very easy part to remove. They didn't look that bad to me in pics but they sure look new now. Does your mechanic do parts supplied labor? If so you should source your own parts online. Im not sure how neccesary it is in your country but here in new zealand we get robbed blind by markup. IC pump is 1000 dollars here at dealer for example. I find online for 150 delivered..
Old 04-20-2018, 04:16 AM

sry late reply

Originally Posted by PieRat
Martin i glad this was fixed for you. Luckily rotors are very easy part to remove. They didn't look that bad to me in pics but they sure look new now. Does your mechanic do parts supplied labor? If so you should source your own parts online. Im not sure how neccesary it is in your country but here in new zealand we get robbed blind by markup. IC pump is 1000 dollars here at dealer for example. I find online for 150 delivered..
Super thanks man I am so sorry my late reply, yes me to I am all over happy now really, also had my tranny serviced filter and oil + new gasket pan + new plug cable just in case.
apparently previous place I had it done last year in Denmark he tighten left side way to much and the gasket started leaking = 2 drops in 24 hours still. so now cleaned and all good.
The discs yes they do look good dont they, was not so bad a bit warped thought but backsides was the worst really weird I think why backsides.
Brake in has been excellent this time I spent much more time on it - highway early morning.

About dealer prices YES same here mate
But 1000 for just a Pump is about ½ here mate.
Org I am from Denmark but living in Sweden I can go to my own country parts are mostly same price but workshop prices Mercedes mechanic is 1/4 of here so large repairs I use to go to DK.
Otherwise I always take my car to here
http://www.hedinbil.se/anlaggning/goteborg-sisjon/
Very expensive prices insane motormounts replacement haha they charge 1700 USD but I think also the inflation/ Economy is different is fx Denmark where I am from we make more money and things are a 12% more expensive but we also make that money there
so Sweden hmm I make much less comparing SEK to DKK but things are also cheaper here haha insane how the world is build.
I can honestly say when I do repairs on my AMG I do a lot of research first price where to buy ect.
Annoying and now a new rule in EU Nordic countries this sucks we all have to pay toll from every we buy outside EU meaning US China Japan ext I buy alot from these places why the F just because these f politics grrrrr sucks import charges, bla bla bla and now also Toll haha u kidding me