MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   SOS Teleaid malfunction fault is driving me NUTS !! (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/726427-sos-teleaid-malfunction-fault-driving-me-nuts.html)

Doug427 11-07-2018 06:06 PM

SOS Teleaid malfunction fault is driving me NUTS !!

My car is a 2006 E55. I have searched and done everything with my STAR unit as best as this STAR beginner can, and I can't get rid of this damned SOS Teleaid malfunction fault code. I clear it with STAR and it immediately comes back. I have no intention whatsoever to use this system; I never have and I never will use TeleAid. I have read that there is a way to disconnect it permanently from the car's system using STAR so that it is invisible to the car and won't ever trigger a code again. I can't figure out how to do that.
So, in some sort of order, here's what I have. I have the SOS TeleAid warning on the instrument cluster.

When I check the codes, it shows:
D612 - Component GPS antenna or the lead has a short circuit.
D632 - Component TELE AID spare antenna is faulty or the lead has open circuit.

I clear them and they reappear immediately. Again, I couldn't care less about the system functionality. I would only repair this if that is the ONLY way to get this damned warning to stop appearing in my instrument cluster.

Here's the kicker - when I delve deeper into the menus, I eventually get to this page:
"The Digital TELE AID control unit is DEACTIVATED.
This is not an error of the TELEAID control unit.
The TELEAID Services (for example :M-B info, Roadside assistance) work only when the unit is activated.For further assistance call: .........."

Does this mean that someone has already "disconnected" electronically through STAR the TeleAid system on my car in the past, or are they referring to my car's TeleAid not subscribing to the system at this time? This whole thing is driving me batty.

Can any of you STAR gurus give me a STAR for dummies step by step procedure on how to finally get rid of this warning? I'm just learning STAR, as I just got it up and running yesterday. I know some will yell "DO A SEARCH !!!!!!" :) I did. I found one procedure to lead through the manus, but my menus were different. I don;t know if my car is different from the car used in teh example, or STAR has changed from 2009 when that write-up was from. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Pmarino 11-08-2018 02:31 AM

Sometimes you got to search the non AMG W211 forum https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...-workshop.html

Doug427 11-08-2018 08:48 AM

Thanks for that but.......

I'd really like to use STAR to just bypass the unused SOS Teleaid system forever. I have read it can be done, then I won;t ever have to worry about this "splitter" and cable again. Does anyoneone know how to bypass this system permanently using STAR?

quikv6 11-08-2018 09:23 AM

Star

I was able to disable mine with Star....but I believe I used the developer mode portion of STAR/DAS to do so.

I genuinely don't remember the steps, but I just followed the info that I found from this forum. It may have been in the sticky section above.

The faults will still show if I do a scan with Star, but the dash no longer gives that annoying message.

Doug427 11-08-2018 09:56 AM

That's exactly what I'm looking for! Now, does anyone know how to do it????

bbirdwell 11-08-2018 10:40 AM

Two possible approaches.

First:
-Main Group
-Control Units (Should take you to CGW)
-Information and Communications
-Audio, Visual, Navigation, Telematics
-Set Teleaid to "Not Fitted"

Second:
-Main Group
-Control Units
-Body
-CGW
-Control Unit Adaptations
-Read Coding and change if necessary
-Telecommunications
-Telematics Service
-Set "Telematics Service 'Tele-Aid'" to "Not Present"

If you continue to get an alert, then you need to look at pulling the fuse that powers the telecommunications control module that connects to the emergency notifications switches in the console.

Please provide feedback on how this works. I've done it once but had to pull one fuse to kill the SOS alarm (literally a beeping noise) and I can't remember which fuse it was except that in this case it was in the driver's side dash fuse box.

Pmarino 11-08-2018 12:27 PM

:nix:

Pmarino 11-08-2018 12:32 PM

As Barry said....The Star Bulletin is below....
2) Model 211: In Star Diagnosis, please navigate through the following menus: Control Units > Body
> CGW (Central Gateway) > Control Unit Adaptations > Read Coding and Change if Necessary
> Telecommunications > Telematics Service “Tele Aid” in combination with MOST technology.
3) Change the coding from PRESENT to NOT PRESENT.
4) Once the coding is done, cycle the key to ensure that the message is disabled in the instrument
cluster

Originally Posted by Pmarino (Post 7598150)

Doug427 11-08-2018 09:16 PM

Thanks so much guys - that's exactly what I was looking for. I just got home from work, I'll try it all out tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Doug427 11-13-2018 07:16 PM

Thanks for all the help, guys. I finally got to do this, and it worked like a charm. For those who have this issue in the future and find this thread using the search feature, here's the procedure that worked perfectly on my 2006 E55:

In Star Diagnosis: Control Units –> Body –> CGW (Central Gateway) –> Control Unit Adaptations –> Read Coding and Change if Necessary –> Telecommunications –> Telematics Service “Tele Aid” in combination with MOST technology.

You will need to change TeleAid coding from PRESENT to NOT PRESENT and the error on the instrument cluster will no longer appear.

captainkim 05-16-2019 09:07 AM

is getting a STAR Diagnosis tool the only option to disable the error? would "cleaning" the splitter do the trick as well?

bbirdwell 05-16-2019 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by captainkim (Post 7756819)
is getting a STAR Diagnosis tool the only option to disable the error? would "cleaning" the splitter do the trick as well?

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...intenance.html

captainkim 05-16-2019 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by bbirdwell (Post 7756901)

Thank you so much!!! ill give it a try.

mrbenzes 10-13-2021 10:36 AM

I know this is an old thread, and I have the Star system and can navigate tho these menus...but my system seems to hang and never completes the process it just shows a message "Coding in process...please wait". I have waited over 30 mins and it seems to never finish and finally goes to "Not responding" in windows...is it some step im missing?
Mike

tjts1 05-18-2023 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by captainkim (Post 7756819)

I was able to make the SOS teleaid message go away with a thinkdiag 2 diagnostic tool ($120). It can change the coding in the CGW, among many other things.