Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
none yet
decided to go with maximizers if anyones wonderin
Old 12-02-2018, 01:15 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MSG 55G
“I work on the quickest and fastest accelerating cars on the planet.”/QUOTE]

What would that “quickest and fastest accelerating cars” BE? AN E55 AMG???
NHRA Top Fuel, NHRA Nitro Funny Car, NHRA Pro Mod.
The following users liked this post:
MSG 55G (12-02-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 06:12 PM

Received 74 Likes on 66 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by BRH AMG
NHRA Top Fuel, NHRA Nitro Funny Car, NHRA Pro Mod.
I totally forgot about those funny cars...
Old 12-04-2018, 06:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
CLS 55 AMG E500 99 ML320
Originally Posted by failboat
Post it all up when you find out if that was a good decision.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 392 Likes on 284 Posts
E55 C63
Originally Posted by StarvingArtist
Post it all up when you find out if that was a good decision.

Although maximizers are solid headers the XSP are a better option based on price alone, they are virtually the same.
Fountain35 (12-11-2018)
Old 12-04-2018, 04:34 PM

none yet
Originally Posted by VictoryRoadPerformance
Although maximizers are solid headers the XSP are a better option based on price alone, they are virtually the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rTqPm0HyOc&t=3s
from what i can tell in the video the install looked to be a pain and for someone who is not going to be installing the headers himself looks like it will cost an arm and a leg with all the small problems he ran into with the leak/fitment issues etc, but i guess the labour costs are offset with the already low price
Old 12-05-2018, 09:15 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 392 Likes on 284 Posts
E55 C63

from what i can tell in the video the install looked to be a pain and for someone who is not going to be installing the headers himself looks like it will cost an arm and a leg with all the small problems he ran into with the leak/fitment issues etc, but i guess the labour costs are offset with the already low price
Youre going to hit the same issues with most headers on the market, they're considered an "acceptable margin of error" maximizers and obx require the exact massaging in the same place (they are identical besides the flex section), a recent MBH install on an s55 required the same thing, on an sl55 midlength install we had to ding one of the runners to make it fit. for the price these fit phenomenal.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:31 PM
SPONSOR

E63

thanks for the info, i’ve read that the Kleemann/eurocharged mids are also prone to cracking. little bit torn...i really dont want to drop 3k for ARH/MBH headers but it seems like every other header has some sort of issue

Good, Fast, Cheap: You Can Only Pick Two!

Old 12-05-2018, 07:18 PM

Received 137 Likes on 102 Posts
N/A
Wink

Originally Posted by ar headers

Good, Fast, Cheap: You Can Only Pick Two!

You should fabricate some equal length long tubes!

Old 12-06-2018, 10:48 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Fountain35
You should fabricate some equal length long tubes!
ARH doesn't make equal length primaries because they've already discovered negligible to zero gains on supercharged applications. They've been in the game for a while.

Plus, most on this platform are too cheap to buy their existing product.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:07 AM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by AMG-SVT-FTW
There are many variables why most on this platform drives cars that are at least 12 years old, one of em is “cheap” or frugal. 😊
AMG-SVT-FTW (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 11:14 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
AMG

There are many variables why most on this platform drives cars that are at least 12 years old, one of em is “cheap” or frugal. ��
Great point!
Old 12-06-2018, 12:42 PM

2006 E55
what category would the Maximizers fall under, cheap Chinese or the latter?
Old 12-06-2018, 01:09 PM

none yet

what category would the Maximizers fall under, cheap Chinese or the latter?

cheap chinese, my shop told me they had terrible time fitting ARH headers on some other cars and the kleemanns were also a pain to install...they mentioned that they did install a set of maximizers and the fitment was pretty good so i went with those
Old 12-06-2018, 01:36 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by AMG-SVT-FTW
ARH doesn't make equal length primaries because they've already discovered negligible to zero gains on supercharged applications. They've been in the game for a while.

There is a difference, now whether that difference is worth it for some is another discussion.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:34 PM

2006 E55

cheap chinese, my shop told me they had terrible time fitting ARH headers on some other cars and the kleemanns were also a pain to install...they mentioned that they did install a set of maximizers and the fitment was pretty good so i went with those
just got my upgraded cheap Chinese pipes last week. Planning on installing myself in my garage on my back. Is it very difficult
Old 12-06-2018, 02:53 PM

none yet

just got my upgraded cheap Chinese pipes last week. Planning on installing myself in my garage on my back. Is it very difficult
which brand?
Old 12-06-2018, 03:46 PM
SPONSOR

E63
The issue is more than just than "quality" differences. It's the thickness of the piping used, which is crucial to retaining heat, and energy of exhaust gasses. The merge collectors on these Chinese systems are down right awful. They come together and neck down into a small exit in what looks like 3" of length. The merge collector, pipe routing, flange transition to piping, etc. has way more value than whether the system is "equal length". These motors aren't moving enough air, or turning enough RPM to get to the point where a properly designed un-equal length long tube header leaves power on the table. We have cars doing 8 seconds in the quarter with 4 digit power on 1-5/8" "unequal length" systems.

There's nothing like taking the entire car apart to put Chinese headers in there that you have to drill and slot mounting holes for, that have ports that are half blocked by the gasket due to zero quality control. Fighting past those things, let's say you get them on the car and 11 months down the road one of the primaries cracks off the flange and you now have to remove the entire system to get it "fixed" or re-install your factory system so you can drive to work.

If it's shiny, it's usually as thin as a piece of paper, and robotically welded with the cheapest production cost in mind.
The following 2 users liked this post by ar headers:
Crissus (12-17-2018), Fountain35 (12-10-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 04:59 PM

2006 E55

which brand?
XSP, off Amazon. Think it’s different from VRP, below is the description: $800 free shipping... I said WTH! Alex trying it out. 😄

The ultimate bolt-on exhaust upgrade for your supercharged V8 AMG car FITS: 2003-2006 E55 AMG 2004-2006 CLS55 AMG -321 stainless steel, tig welded construction -Individual 1.95" Runners that form a uniform 4>1 3" tube merge collector thats been hand ported
Old 12-06-2018, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
CLS 55 AMG E500 99 ML320
The issue is more than just than "quality" differences. It's the thickness of the piping used, which is crucial to retaining heat, and energy of exhaust gasses. The merge collectors on these Chinese systems are down right awful. They come together and neck down into a small exit in what looks like 3" of length. The merge collector, pipe routing, flange transition to piping, etc. has way more value than whether the system is "equal length". These motors aren't moving enough air, or turning enough RPM to get to the point where a properly designed un-equal length long tube header leaves power on the table. We have cars doing 8 seconds in the quarter with 4 digit power on 1-5/8" "unequal length" systems.

There's nothing like taking the entire car apart to put Chinese headers in there that you have to drill and slot mounting holes for, that have ports that are half blocked by the gasket due to zero quality control. Fighting past those things, let's say you get them on the car and 11 months down the road one of the primaries cracks off the flange and you now have to remove the entire system to get it "fixed" or re-install your factory system so you can drive to work.

If it's shiny, it's usually as thin as a piece of paper, and robotically welded with the cheapest production cost in mind.
The best or nothing right. So far it's nothing for me. If my business plans work out you will be hearing from me.
MSG 55G (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 06:52 PM

2006 E55

11 months? You be lucky Chinese headers last three months.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:29 PM

N/A

A bigger reason is because they are Chinese, they steal our intellectual property, our trade secrets, patents and are working against us.They are not our allies or friends. I will not purchase anything Chinese if I can help it.

Old 12-10-2018, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 252 Likes on 215 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Although I agree with you on not buying Chinese products. It would be hard to go through a day and not buy something that is made in China.........It really sucks donkey *****.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:11 PM

Received 595 Likes on 267 Posts
poop
To my understanding the eurocharged mids are also made in china. I own them.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:56 PM

2006 E55
SUPER CHEAP CHINESE HEADERS INSTALLED

XSP, off Amazon. Think it’s different from VRP, below is the description: $800 free shipping... I said WTH! Alex trying it out. 😄

The ultimate bolt-on exhaust upgrade for your supercharged V8 AMG car FITS: 2003-2006 E55 AMG 2004-2006 CLS55 AMG -321 stainless steel, tig welded construction -Individual 1.95" Runners that form a uniform 4>1 3" tube merge collector thats been hand ported
So installed them today and took it for a drive...Super Cheap Chinese Headers = BIG A*! Smile cross my face.

Did the install on my back, not too bad. Took some time to figure how to jam the driver side header in but eventually satisfied when it locked on and bolted down. Didn't have to push engine aside like "legitstreetcar", the rest of the pipes were not too bad neither. I worked from back to front, used a rubber hammer for alignment and adjustment, clamped, extended rear O2 sensors and popped them on spacers. No CEL!!! Didn't have to turn off O2.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chinese Longtubes vs Reputable Mid’s