MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   2014 E63 or E55 (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/748412-2014-e63-e55.html)

karpetcm 06-23-2019 08:18 PM

2014 E63 or E55

Well I’m done modding my car and my thoughts are in a year or so I might want to get into a 14 E63 awd depending on if I can get a good deal maybe a 13E63 rwd car. Kinda conflicted because no matter all the bolt ons I throw at this car unless i go super expensive mods its not going to be anywhere near as fast as a 2012+63 model. Not just doing it for HP and TQ numbers but its a newer car with more options and nice interior. Have you guys or know based on talking to e63 owners are they a good car as far as reliability compared to an e55. Any pro’s and con’s that you guys know off please share your opinion does matter.

boosted305 06-23-2019 11:17 PM

Will be interested to see any responses as this exact thought has crossed my mind...I absolutely love the look of my W211...but I am also a horsepower junkie first and foremost, so while I don't love the look of the 212, the potential power and features may help me overlook the aesthetics...and they are entering the "very affordable" zone...

However I imagine the answers we're looking for regarding pros and cons can be found in the 212 forum with a little due diligence...after all that's how I knew all about the 211 before I even purchased one...I came in here and researched.

failboat 06-24-2019 12:07 AM

youve got a fast car man, i'd save your money and keep the 55 if i were you. the 14 AWD cars are bland boring and the "nice interior" loses it's magic real quick after a few months of driving. i've driven the new biturbo cars, and they are just not as special as the E55. for me most of my driving is done on the highway so thats a factor I considered, having the supercharger power being able to scoot past people with ease was always the most satisfying part of owning this car for me. not saying newer cars cant do that, but again just not as satisfying in my opinion. for me all the options in the e55 are enough, parking sensors pano roof heated/cooled seats...theres not much of a difference in the newer cars...other than a backup camera and maybe some connectivity bonuses...but you really wanna switch to a 14 based on that alone? stick with your e55 and don't get caught up in the bull**** horsepower war. youve got a sick car, keep it

boosted305 06-24-2019 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by failboat (Post 7786347)
youve got a fast car man, i'd save your money and keep the 55 if i were you. the 14 AWD cars are bland boring and the "nice interior" loses it's magic real quick after a few months of driving. i've driven the new biturbo cars, and they are just not as special as the E55. for me most of my driving is done on the highway so thats a factor I considered, having the supercharger power being able to scoot past people with ease was always the most satisfying part of owning this car for me. not saying newer cars cant do that, but again just not as satisfying in my opinion. for me all the options in the e55 are enough, parking sensors pano roof heated/cooled seats...theres not much of a difference in the newer cars...other than a backup camera and maybe some connectivity bonuses...but you really wanna switch to a 14 based on that alone? stick with your e55 and don't get caught up in the bull**** horsepower war. youve got a sick car, keep it

For me, personally, I wasn't thinking about "instead of", I was thinking "in addition to" :D

tw2 06-24-2019 03:03 AM

Our cars have a marvellous interior. They are also very fast. There will always be something faster, something nicer. If you seriously have the money then do whatever makes you happy but my guess it the majority of owners in this section are well above average, but far from wealthy and keeping your car longer is often the best move. I read on a lot of forums how special the interiors are on your domestic cars, maybe grab some seat time for comparison.

MSG 55G 06-24-2019 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by boosted305 (Post 7786355)
For me, personally, I wasn't thinking about "instead of", I was thinking "in addition to" :D

Second that!

CharlyE500 06-25-2019 02:42 PM

2014 E63S still $40K+ they hold pretty good resell value compare to E55 back in 2010.
If you have $40K budget why not ! I don't really race so for me more power doesn't mean much. 2 weeks ago almost pick up a 2013 Maserati GTS/MC for $40K. Its slow but great looking car.

Exotic-metal55 06-25-2019 05:06 PM

Vote 14 E63, tune with down pipes and cold air intake kit. :)